• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a giant ..

disboards004.jpg

I am so through with this game. There is no help on how to do the quest .. and if I ask for help when it's not an emergency I will be banned :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

Nope, can't find the quest. Cant find where to buy anything. Don't have my title yet. Can't control the hummer in the audobon Game, after the first couple windows it stops responding to the arrow keys, and my vision/screen is often not good enough to see the black birds when they aren't moving. VFK is not yet workable for me. I don't do more than just log on every couple days.

Quit trying to copy VMK, VFK, it's not working.

This game is more buggy than any other Beta game I have ever played, probably even more than VMK. I really don't know how to describe it...

I guess the word is soft. It's kinda like you don't know where you are clicking. You know how on some games, when you scroll over a link, it is highlighted? It's not really like it on VFK. You don't know if that button is going to work.

ETA: I just thought of a way to convey how I feel playing it. It's soft of fuzzy, and it doesn't seem as professionally coded as other games, such as SmallWorlds, POTC, TT... even CP

Someone said that you must complete the last level of Audubon Wildlife Adventure..
But i dont think the quest is out yet

Just wanted to post so shark would know I am doing happy dance:cool1: I got over 1,088 credits in the bird game. I am averaging 300 a game but have had a few around the 800 mark. So practice does help. Nowhere near the 254,000 in one game shark has. But still good for me. As for shark I will be sending you my shopping list :lmao:

Okay, here's my VFK thoughts for the day:

Red beach ball: In a game where VERY little changes day to day, the only way to earn credits is a memory test, to release an item for 1 day.....? Really? And on a work day at that?

Sigh.

New items: TONS of cute stuff and the only way to make credits is a Bird Memory Test? Really???

LOVE the stuff, but honestly have no memory, and all we have is a memory test so - sigh. How about a fun interactive game? Please.......

Memory Test (aka Bird Game): Can anyone tell me the trick to getting fuel? I run over the red "cans" and nothing happens.

Can anyone help on any of this? Thanks!

Was really really looking forward to VFK, but - sigh -

- Dreams (lalala It's a small world after all lalala)

Okay, Fin said that they removed the red beach ball because of a bug, and
it will be back in stores shortly. :)

The quest apparently they are "working on and will be out soon" I'm really
tired of that phrase.

And apparently we will get skin colors, be able to sit, different clothes,
magic, merlin's shop, quests, the australian land, the map, motions, q button,
i button, and more all before the 26th? That's what staff are saying, but
I don't think it can be done..

Okay, here's my VFK thoughts for the day:

Red beach ball: In a game where VERY little changes day to day, the only way to earn credits is a memory test, to release an item for 1 day.....? Really? And on a work day at that?

Sigh.

New items: TONS of cute stuff and the only way to make credits is a Bird Memory Test? Really???

LOVE the stuff, but honestly have no memory, and all we have is a memory test so - sigh. How about a fun interactive game? Please.......

Memory Test (aka Bird Game): Can anyone tell me the trick to getting fuel? I run over the red "cans" and nothing happens.

Can anyone help on any of this? Thanks!

Was really really looking forward to VFK, but - sigh -

- Dreams (lalala It's a small world after all lalala)

Lalala I think there are many SmallWorlds lalala
:rotfl2:

tired of that phrase.

You know i think they can do that.. not trying to get anyone mad LOL but, i think during the delays of no new stuff they have been finishing up those features and will release those in the next 12 days (the due date basically, June 26)

tired of that phrase.

Sure it can be done by the 26th - just not the 26th of this month this year. I'm not even sure they'll be ready for where they should have been to begin beta testing on the 26th, but there's no way they'll be ready to go live. I've been quietly trying to give them a chance, but I see more and more bugs every day that aren't fixed; they just accumulate. Instead of admitting they made a mistake in opening the game way too soon, they keep promising more.

They're promising too much and they aren't good at coding. It's great they have great mods though.

Today’s quest was just ridiculous and an insult to our efforts. What a day it has been today, I log in today expected to be able to play the quest we were promised. Of course I wasn’t expecting it to happen much like everything else they promise in this disappointment. Much to my (not so) surprise the quest wasn’t there, instead I log on to find out an item, which was just released not even a day ago, has suddenly disappeared. Further investigation led me to stumble across an explanation that did make sense and seem credible; I was told the beach ball had bugs.

That was a perfectly acceptable reason, it even came with reassurance that it would be back for sale upon the issue at hand be fixed. Much to my displeasure but not to my surprise, the item didn’t appear in shops again, nor did the quest that appeared on the home page most of yesterday.
As the day went on, a lot of confused players kept asking anyone, both staff and normal players, where this quest we were promised was, low and behold no one knew, I even heard staff were evading the question, to add salt to the wound, as well as reemphasis the growing amounts of sadness and disappointment the quest did appear about an hour or so before close for tonight. As a bonus our missing beach ball was also found as an incentive to finish this quest.

This quest however was a serious insult to our efforts. First, I would like to comment on the term “quest” I was under the impression they were to be called adventures rather then the old VMK term, I found that a bit depressing as quests were one of the things I loved about VMK. Second with no map and no sense of where to click, this quest was virtually impossible to do without being alone in a room. Moving was impossible, not to mention navigating through each room. Third, most of the trivia also annoyed me, how many kids know the names of all the Beach Boys, let alone what year the Hula Hoop was introduced. Obviously most kids probably would have needed to use an outside source, which isn’t the point of this exercise unless I am mistaken.

After all the tasks were done, to top off the bitter taste in my mouth thus far, the prizes were a disappointment it is nice we got a surfboard but having to choose one surfboard over the other, pink or blue. I’m not a greedy person, but come on, this clearly rewards the people who registered mules, while most people who only have one character have to choose? At least give us both colors or let us complete the quest a second time for the other color. A lot of people who build rooms would probably like at least one of each color. After all we can buy different color beach balls.

Another thing I witnessed was how unhelpful some of the staff was being today. I witnessed a player ask for help, and the staff member completely ignored their legitimate question, which I witnessed the staff member acknowledge the player, so I know they saw the question. To be fair there were some staff members who did attempt to help out players, but it was very disinheriting to see so many people struggle over the first real attempt to add excitement to the game. Please don’t answer a question by saying “hello, how are you?” actually answer the question and give us guidance on the quest when needed.

This quest was beyond buggy and caused many problems with room traffic, lag, and even support. I hope for the next quest, they rethink the way they structure the flow of people, I shouldn’t have to return “home” so many times just to be able to enter the room next door. Also if two items are pictured, award both, if people spend a good half hour on this quest, please reward us for our efforts and offer help to those who legitimately need it. I hope who ever started this quest is able to complete it.

I do want to say, in the circumstance, I think staff did a great job with this quest reguardless of how it was run. I think this is a positive step in the direction this game is going for, and I think it will continue to grow. This is only the first quest, I'm sure the next one will be much better.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter