Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belle, I win you lose! You cant change history you can only change your story now go play vfk

OH YOU CANT BECAUSE ITS DOWN AGAIN AS USUAL BHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

You're right. I think I'll go log in and play VMK in the meantime. You know, that game that's still going strong.:lmao:

Sorry, Aengus, but I just couldn't help myself.

Anyone want to pitch in and get Aengus something better then See Spot Run? This one looks like it may take him a while :

aengusbookec7.jpg

Aengus you may want to read the section "*Survive player vs. player combat" at least twice. Wouldn't want you to complain if someone just happens to use gold ammo on you .. quack quack :lmao:

You're right. I think I'll go log in and play VMK in the meantime. You know, that game that's still going strong.:lmao:

Sorry, Aengus, but I just couldn't help myself.

i gotz a new game ;)

and when i go to its website...its actually there :rotfl:

seriously tho what do you think is going on with even the website not there?

Not even dignifying forevers post with an answer! I mean gosh I had no AMMO in CAPTURE for crying out loud!!!!

Reality check:

Price of Gas per gallon - $4
Air Fare from Florida to Calafornia - $267
A year subscription of Pirates Online - $80
A game I can't even see my own avatar in - FREE
134 pages about the game - Price less

Some things in life do come free, for everything else, lag is included at no extra charge.

i gotz a new game ;)

and when i go to its website...its actually there :rotfl:

seriously tho what do you think is going on with even the website not there?

Not even dignifying forevers post with an answer! I mean gosh I had no AMMO in CAPTURE for crying out loud!!!!

Did you all hear about the big explosion in Houston and a huge internet data center. Over 100,000 internet sites are affected. VFK is one of them obviously this is way beyond their control. The news said it was affecting the south western part of the country. VFK is based out there. So you may make fun of the site being down. That is why their home page and sign in page are down. Just wanted to post so you would know. I dont post here, and i have great respect for this site. But before you put down another site, well enough said.

Go to newsblaze . com for information, i cannot post the link

Did you all hear about the big explosion in Houston and a huge internet data center. Over 100,000 internet sites are affected. VFK is one of them obviously this is way beyond their control. The news said it was affecting the south western part of the country. VFK is based out there. So you may make fun of the site being down. That is why their home page and sign in page are down. Just wanted to post so you would know. I dont post here, and i have great respect for this site. But before you put down another site, well enough said.

Go to newsblaze . com for information, i cannot post the link

If you happened to have looked at some of the pages you would have know VFK is based out of FL not Houston. Yes they did say they updated and have servers out of Houston but that is not their only place. If I remember right they said they had servers in NY and CA as well? I would check but well .. the site is just gone :rotfl: SO unless that fire spread to FL I thinks we got a problem.

As for putting down VFK I dont believe anyone has. We have joked and complained about their own promises being broken. VFK was not ready to even be launched for beta. They know it and we do too. So instead of getting mad we joke. If you cant handle the jokes find another thread.

BTW ((hugs)) Little Sitting Duck :goodvibes Would you like some cheese with that whine?

So when and if VFK site ever come back up what are the hours they are open? I miss VMK!! :worried: I was able to log on to VFK and was stuck on the roof of on of the buildings in the Western town :scared1: !! Oh and Aengus you crack me up please tell us what book you are reading! Please!!

Site is up for me.

A major update for all of our Beta testers:

As you may have heard in the news, there was a large explosion caused by electrical equipment failure in the H1 data center in Houston that knocked down three walls at about 5:00 PM CDT. Fortunately, and most importantly, no one was injured. In addition, no data was lost and there appears to be no damage to the servers or networking equipment.

You remember when you first started playing that the servers went down? Well that was because of bandwidth, so we went to The Planet, which is recognized as one of the most RELIABLE providers in the world.

As luck would have it we are among an estimated 100,000 websites that are down around the world.

We have been assured that engineers are working around the clock to get the H1 data center back online, and we are told it will resume operation sometime tomorrow, Sunday, June 1st.

We are not going to waste this time though. This gives us the opportunity to complete enhancements we are working on, and add new lands. Our goal is that each day you log into the kingdom, it will be better than the last.

Keep an eye out and make sure you log on when the services are restored, because our world will be better than ever.

We have rerouted the DNS for the WWW server, so that we can share with you what is happening.

However, we do need the bandwidth from the H1 data center in Houston to support all of us in our virtual world.

We will keep you updated about the progress being made in restoring the Houston data center.

Your development team
Virtual Family Kingdom

We are not going to waste this time though. This gives us the opportunity to complete enhancements we are working on, and add new lands. Our goal is that each day you log into the kingdom, it will be better than the last.

Is that the reason why it looks so out of human machine interface techniques involved :lmao:

Some of you are going to hate this but...

The update last weekend was to add "serious redundnacy", those were their words. They of course deleted those updates now, as we have all learned history changes. They claimed to be up in TX, CA, and NY for their serious redundancy.

I dont want to make light of anything that occurred in TX, and glad nobody was hurt. They lied to the community either last weekend or this one, I am willing to bet last weekend since they obviously did not have any redundancy.

Sorry for the conspiracy theories but come on...

I finished my book! the title is....

OMG I NEED COFFEE!!! :rolleyes1

Someone who has had their coffee should dig up what last weeks claims were so you can see for yourself.

Oh well...either way I bet I still won't be able to get back on the game until tomorrow night when the cable guy is SUPPOSED to bring us a new cable modem. lol
I'm on now only because it will work some on this old computer, some..not a lot mind you! lol And forget any major bandwidth type sites, i.e. gaming.;)
But, at least I can get on some this weekend, last week this one wouldn't work any!:rotfl2:
I sure can't wait to get on and change my poor character's clothes....she must be a mess by now! :lmao:
Beta would be a lot more fun with a fully working modem!lol

And hey, for those who say we make fun of the game, we did that with vmk too, all the time didn't we? lol
Kim

Some of you are going to hate this but...

The update last weekend was to add "serious redundnacy", those were their words. They of course deleted those updates now, as we have all learned history changes. They claimed to be up in TX, CA, and NY for their serious redundancy.

I dont want to make light of anything that occurred in TX, and glad nobody was hurt. They lied to the community either last weekend or this one, I am willing to bet last weekend since they obviously did not have any redundancy.

SORRY Anegus I read it differently I read they had servers in all those places. Not got rid of them. I read serious redunancy to but did not associated that with the other places. I thought they were there to give it more power. Like VMK had servers in many locations.

I have no idea ho many servers you need for a game lik this just read it differently. Thought they added those sites for more power and bydoing so got rid of the redundancy at the same tme. :confused3

SORRY Anegus I read it differently I read they had servers in all those places. Not got rid of them. I read serious redunancy to but did not associated that with the other places. I thought they were there to give it more power. Like VMK had servers in many locations.

I have no idea ho many servers you need for a game lik this just read it differently. Thought they added those sites for more power and bydoing so got rid of the redundancy at the same tme. :confused3

redundancy is to prevent a single point of failure belle. I install routers for a living ;)

Another update from the developers:

We now have our servers working in New Mexico, New York and backup servers in Dallas. This gives us both the bandwidth we need, and serious redundancy.

We will be doing live tests throughout the night, so if you happen to get into the virtual world, keep in mind it will only be up for a few minutes for any one test.
Posted around 8am disboards time on May 28.

The Texas servers were supposed to have been the backups, in case something went wrong in New York or New Mexico. If that were the case, the game wouldn't have gone down yesterday.

Posted around 8am disboards time on May 28.

The Texas servers were supposed to have been the backups, in case something went wrong in New York or New Mexico. If that were the case, the game wouldn't have gone down yesterday.

thank you ;)

ok thank you for your input now even more confused at what they are doing? Well still in wait and see mode but starting too lose a little faith this will work. But still not giving up I am sure the Wright brothers had many a try at airplane building and maybe were not so honest when they made obvious mistakes.

ok thank you for your input now even more confused at what they are doing? Well still in wait and see mode but starting too lose a little faith this will work. But still not giving up I am sure the Wright brothers had many a try at airplane building and maybe were not so honest when they made obvious mistakes.

yes, I dont think this means they cant build a great game. They do however have some serious issues at just being straight forward with us is all. VMK had some problems with that as well, it would be nice if a game company would learn from that mistake is all.

Maybe the issue is they are being watched with eagle eyes and they are trying to not dscourage everyone. Like if they said we have some issue we have not encountered because we never made a game like this before. We have figured out how to fix them. But this will take lots of time. We are learning as we go. Please be patient with us a we figure our way through this.

I for one would still stay. I believe many will say no way. See it is a scam they have no idea what they are doing. This is a waste of time.

I guess because they started off on the wrong foot which I believe was not intended for malice just rushing in a sayng wait there is hope we can do it.

This big mistake has caused them lots of issues from then on. If they had not done this but came out with a site Like they did that showed their new worlds to be. I think many a conversation on Dis would e different.

That started this whole scam thing that has constantly followed them. They are trying so hard that they realized thier updates were not even close so deleted them. Maybe tryng to tart anew:confused3

I do not think they are trying to scam us. This is a whole new thing but having nay sayers constantly attacking their mstakes I am sure does not help.

I think once they get the game going then it is time to critize. Yes we all got the warnings be cautious basically they may have bit off more than they can chew:goodvibes

And really was VMK any different with their web changes going from participant prize to not even participant. Yes they did this like the next day over and over till they got it right in their minds.

To me next day change or last week change is the same thing once it has been change with no note of it being change they both change our view of history.

Boy am I confused with this thread @_@

It's been talking about canadian's burning down the white house to some
coffee book to VFK's back up servers. XD

Anyway whatever the case, I just hope they can fix this, and use the time
for developing things in the game or some needed rest...

conspiracy1.jpg

This is not implying that I think there is anything untoward going on with the VFK people...but others may disagree... popcorn::
(yes I know this adds very little to the conversation...!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter