• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrative Contact:
Kingdom, Family
fmw3@bellatlantic.net
500 N. Solano Dr.
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
United States
6099547339 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Kingdom, Family
fmw3@bellatlantic.net
500 N. Solano Dr.
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
United States
6099547339 Fax --

For those of you who know this kind of thing, is it typical for a company to do something like this and not actually use a name? If not, why do they feel the need to hide their name?

For those of you who know this kind of thing, is it typical for a company to do something like this and not actually use a name? If not, why do they feel the need to hide their name?
maybe it is just not one person that does this and they did not want to list all the names?

maybe it is just not one person that does this and they did not want to list all the names?

My "other half" owns a business, and NOTHING of it is in his name. He has it set up under a corporation, which is not his name and not the name of the business, either. It provides protection in case the business does not succeed...if it were to go bankrupt, our personal assets (house, cars, etc.) could not be seized, because the business and everything it entails legally belongs to the corporation, not to him personally. That's an over-simplified explanation, but it works along those lines. It's very common to set up businesses this way, and actually very wise.

If he did have a domain name linked to his business, I'm certain it would be listed under the corporation name rather than his own.

ETA: sorry, this would have made more sense if I had quoted Mnementh's question! :)

My "other half" owns a business, and NOTHING of it is in his name. He has it set up under a corporation, which is not his name and not the name of the business, either. It provides protection in case the business does not succeed...if it were to go bankrupt, our personal assets (house, cars, etc.) could not be seized, because the business and everything it entails legally belongs to the corporation, not to him personally. That's an over-simplified explanation, but it works along those lines. It's very common to set up businesses this way, and actually very wise.

If he did have a domain name linked to his business, I'm certain it would be listed under the corporation name rather than his own.

ETA: sorry, this would have made more sense if I had quoted Mnementh's question! :)

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

I haven't said this sooner, because I figured it would be obvious, but considering a lot of people are saying their names are already taken, I've gotten my name and I'm Mnementh on VFK.

I would like to clear up 2 misconceptions i noticed, both a positive and a negative

1. the hosts/vmks that are there claiming to be ex vmk employees are indeed them. Sorry I can't offer proof, I can only give you my word.

2. several VMK boards handled this game in the same manner, and by several I mean most. People really need to get over the fact they were not permitted to discuss the website prior to its release. This website and other websites were targetted for the solicitation of its members, which is clearly a violation of forum rules.

I would like to clear up 2 misconceptions i noticed, both a positive and a negative

1. the hosts/vmks that are there claiming to be ex vmk employees are indeed them. Sorry I can't offer proof, I can only give you my word.

2. several VMK boards handled this game in the same manner, and by several I mean most. People really need to get over the fact they were not permitted to discuss the website prior to its release. This website and other websites were targetted for the solicitation of its members, which is clearly a violation of forum rules.

Thanks for #1 aengus :) gives my heart a warm hug about something fin said this morning :-)

and as for #2, totally understand! I just wish we had a sub-cat to be able to expand this LONG post. :)

We are indeed working on a game plan that will allow everyone alot more freedom for the topic. Sorry bear with us, we are trying to think long term for our goals, that can take a little time is all ;)

I have a few questions about this game that I am wondering if anyone can help answer..

On their site under about us i saw this quote:

" The game will be free, just as you have experienced. We will not be accepting advertising, as we believe this is inappropriate when children are involved. We have put together a solid business model for this effort and you can rest assured that the Virtual Family Kingdom will not disappear in three years. "

my question is:

Does anyone have any idea how this game will be supported as a free game with no advertizing?

Does this mean that their will be out of game opportunities for us to "support the game" financially?

i signed u beat 1 and it won't let me sign in? is it email than pass or username in the game than pass?

We are indeed working on a game plan that will allow everyone alot more freedom for the topic. Sorry bear with us, we are trying to think long term for our goals, that can take a little time is all ;)

I kinda thought so, but just needed to hear it :)

Nice work! I was trying to make something like that, myself, but I couldn't position the pictures well enough for it to work.

Thanks. It did take a bit of finegaling(sp?) to get them laid out right...it'll be moot once they develop their own map (which I'm sure is on the punch list! LOL!)

Someone had asked if Narasopa Media was designing VFK, I was just putting up info showing they are probably not, that they just did the website design itself. But I don't know all the details either nor, to be blunt, am I sure I care, LOL.

But to answer your question, yes this is very typical for them to use a corporate name as the registrant (or however they did it). I do however, like the fact that Family Kingdom got treated as "Kingdom, Family"...Mr. Kingdom, I presume? LOL

That said, my only true concern about VFK was addressed by Mr. A man, which was regarding whether the "new"/"old" staff were "real" or Parkay. I think it would have been very bad if it turned out they were just using the names. I'll trust Aegnus, as he's got more contacts than Heidi-....well, lets just leave it at that. :lmao: After that, I'm hoping VFK does take off and it will be fun watching it grow and being a part of it.

Now let me post this so I keep up with the last 2 pages that appeared while I wrote it...

i'm currently chatting with VFK_Panda, a staff. [:
he/she's pretty nice, i can't tell what they look like because the image wont show for me, just the text.

Ok this is what I have noticed. I can only talk out side my first room if someone comes in after me as soon as they do my chat works.

I met VFK_Ivy she is new. Does not say much. Does not have dogs but would like on some day.

I just met VFK_Toni, but she wasn't there long. She was in Western town or whatever. And...Shalonie found me, but we couldn't see each other. Shalonie - if you see this - keep looking for me - I went to Blacksmith and waited but never saw you. Can't wait to find my friends!

Hugs,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter