Virtual Family Kingdom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am also here now at castle forfourt (the room with the stairs ) but still don't see anyone either...:)

Anyone have a screen shot of a host yet? Just curious what they look like...especially since someone said one has dark hair and a green jacket. Do they have "host outfits" that make them different than the rest of us? Of course, they look different if they don't look like they work at Best Buy right now. lol!

I'm tired of this game, no game comes close to VMK yet..

This is only its 3rd DAY, whereas VMK had 3 YEARS to reach the levels it was at. Of course it doesn't come close to VMK at this point, and it's completely unrealistic to expect it to. Give it a little time. I really think it has a lot of potential to be fantastic!

The VFK team is working very hard to get this up and running for us. We all need to have some patience.

This is only its 3rd DAY, whereas VMK had 3 YEARS to reach the levels it was at. Of course it doesn't come close to VMK at this point, and it's completely unrealistic to expect it to. Give it a little time. I really think it has a lot of potential to be fantastic!

The VFK team is working very hard to get this up and running for us. We all need to have some patience.

lol not what I meant, I just don't like the historic feel.. but I guess if I don't like it, I should go make my own

Tofubeast, here's VFK_Lion (and VFK_Owl's back)! :) They are the only staff I've personally seen thus far, but from the screen shots that I've seen from others, they are all clones, too. All of the girls have that long black hair. So at this point, if you've seen one host, you've seen them all!

lionan10.jpg

Ok am I the only one who still has never seen another person while in this game?? I feel like I'm being punished for something.. :confused3

VMK was a game on the first day it opened.

I dont want to discourage anything to much, but this is not a beta product. Beta means game is written, lets find and squish bugs.

It will be fun to watch this game develop, something we dont often get to see.

I'm tired of this game, no game comes close to VMK yet..

Yea, give them time...it is only in Beta. I would give it a few weeks before making any decisions. What I see so far is very cool. I think it's got definite potential as a free, family oriented interactive, online, community. community being the key word. I also think they are going to use this as a template for a pay-to-live (LOL) version as well...which I think will be a huge hit for them. we just got the bear the brunt of the testing phase.

VMK was a game on the first day it opened.

I dont want to discourage anything to much, but this is not a beta product. Beta means game is written, lets find and squish bugs.

It will be fun to watch this game develop, something we dont often get to see.

Grand Master A is right...this appears more like an Alpha. In my "real world" our Alpha's are wooden mock-ups of designed to test the functionality and feasibility of the product....that's what this is reminding me of. Beta's you make from the production materials and hopefully by your fabrication department with the right tools...you may or may not put them in front of the customer, depending on the level of completeness. Not sure how the software world treats it, but it's looking like they're still Alpha...LOL! Moon Base Alpha it is...now that would be a cool world to explore (sorry..off on tangent)

if there are any programmers from VFK reading this, check out the chat area of DIS, we are walking around VFK and trying to find each other using Dis chat thing

I heard Bugdozer but didn't see them. VFK tiger was there too. I can hear people sometimes but only seen two walking around. Better than wondering around alone!

Hi Terri.M! You were the first person I could actually talk to on VFK! Woot!

I too am finding it interesting on how a game is developed. Especially since this is by a small start-up group of people. Disney has the fun of all the extra money and people at their disposal. I like getting on saying hey, look what's new today............... Now if I can just find somepeople.

I did get my name, so that make me a happy camper

if there are any programmers from VFK reading this, check out the chat area of DIS, we are walking around VFK and trying to find each other using Dis chat thing

remember the constitution ;)

@_@ hahaha i cant believe I just said that

Remember they have a similar value system as the VMK Values, you need to follow the VFK constitution.

I agree about this being more of an Alpha product than a Beta product. I'm willing to cut them lots of slack on that, too, though...I understand why they felt it was important to at least give us something, however flawed, the day after VMK closed, and I think they were right in doing so, if only to give us all something to focus on besides our grief. It has certainly helped my son and I, especially knowing most of the VMK hosts are there, being able to talk briefly with one or two of them, and hearing about others' conversations with the ones we haven't been able to speak with. I would much rather have what little there is of VFK than wait a month for it to be a bit smoother, and I'm really enjoying watching everything develop!

Yea, give them time...it is only in Beta. I would give it a few weeks before making any decisions. What I see so far is very cool. I think it's got definite potential as a free, family oriented interactive, online, community. community being the key word. I also think they are going to use this as a template for a pay-to-live (LOL) version as well...which I think will be a huge hit for them. we just got the bear the brunt of the testing phase.

I really don't think they're ready for a beta.. it seems like they just threw it out there since they already had planned a release date..

My main reservation is that they are calling for late June as the "live" date. VMK took 3 1/2 months for their beta so it will be interesting to see if the VFK folks can do all that is necessary in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter