virgin twilight check in at gatwick

We did it last month & it was so easy.

We also took along our hand luggage but they never asked to see it or weigh it.

As far as we're concerned, twilight check-in is the only way to do it.

As soon as those cases are gone, my holiday has started. The next time I want to see them is when they're delivered to our room in our WDW resort - usually by then the children are sleeping !!

David

Done it twice, each time arrived about 7pm and walked straight to desk and everything was done in less than 15 minutes, we will be doing this again in November.

Donna

Done it twice, each time arrived about 7pm and walked straight to desk and everything was done in less than 15 minutes, we will be doing this again in November.

Donna

We still had to queue. Took us about 30/45 mins but nothing like the queues we saw the next morning as we sailed straight to security.

As far as we're concerned, twilight check-in is the only way to do it.

As soon as those cases are gone, my holiday has started.
David

Absolutely ! I totally agree.....what a load off once you have handed them over and loads easier the next morning !

We did this for the first time in Dec and it was great! We had a 5 min queue and the next morning walked stright through!

This sounds like a great idea but not sure how it all works.
Can you still book in online 24 hours before to get your seats?
What about night clothes etc - do you take those as hand luggage?
Do you all have to go to check in bags?
When you arrive in the morning you just have to go straight to security?
Do you park in short term parking at Gatwick when doing check in?
Can you then arrive later next morning?

Sorry to sound so dim but i know DH will want to know all these answers bwefore he does it

thanks

This sounds like a great idea but not sure how it all works.

Can you still book in online 24 hours before to get your seats? Online Check-In is an alternative to Twighlight Check-In. You can pre-book your seats online anytime in advance, once you have your reservation/ticket number...it is not dependant on the 24 hour online check-in limit.

What about night clothes etc - do you take those as hand luggage? We stay in a Car Park & Hotel the night before, so leave all our overnight stuff in the car. If you dont choose this option, I think you would have to travel very lightly and squeeze what you can into your hand luggage.

Do you all have to go to check in bags? Yes, it is the same process as you would expect on the day, each passenger is required to check in and have passports checked etc. The Boarding Pass is then also issued.

When you arrive in the morning you just have to go straight to security? Yes, you will have your Boarding Pass. We have had to go to the Check-In desk to drop off the baby's car seat, but otherwise, yes, straight into the queue.

Do you park in short term parking at Gatwick when doing check in? Yes, it is the only way I know of to get in, unless someone drops you off. If you are going on to an Airport parking/hotel, then you probably have very little choice.

Can you then arrive later next morning? Yes, as long as you allow the appropriate amount of time to clear Security. The last time we travelled, we had to arrive extra-early due to the restrictions on carrying liquids and also the additional security measures that were in place.

Sorry to sound so dim but i know DH will want to know all these answers bwefore he does it

thanks

See my answers in red above. It really is the simplest and easiest way to travel and a credit to Virgin for the service.
You can check all your baggage in at your leisure, when the airport is a little quieter the night before, no rush, no panic, no stress. You get up the next morning and just grab your hand luggage and go......so easy and more importantly, relaxing.

I think most people will agree with me, the stress levels drop dramatically once you know you dont have to lug all those suitcases around !

What about night clothes etc - do you take those as hand luggage?

What we did last time (and will do next week :yay: ) is wear an old Tshirt which doubles as night clothes then we bin it in the morning. We do the same with old undies/socks. That way we have fresh clothes to travel in without having to carry dirty clothes in our hand luggage.

I've also been saving the dregs of toiletries/makeup over the last few months so we don't have to carry any of that with us either.

I live about an hour from Gatwick, I was thinking of scooping everybody up driving to Gatwick, dumping the cases, having dinner there, then go home put the ankle biters to bed, a lovely night cap then hit the hay myself. Ready for the morning (that's if I can sleep the night before my WDW trip :yay: )
Added benefit is taxi man thinks we're going to gatwick for a day out (!?!) or to meet and greet and doesn't return to break into house!!! (yes I have known this to happen).
Good plan?
What restaurants are at Gatwick south terminal? I have no memory when it comes to stuff like this.
Thanks.

We are about an hour and twenty away in Kent, but we prefer to "overnight it" at Gatwick. It is only about £20 on top of regular car parking to have a hotel room and then you can dump what you dont want to take back in the car (toiletries, clothes etc). The next morning is just a short bus ride in to the airport rather than an hour or more of motorway hoping that the M25 will be ok and that traffic is not too bad.

See my answers in red above. It really is the simplest and easiest way to travel and a credit to Virgin for the service.
You can check all your baggage in at your leisure, when the airport is a little quieter the night before, no rush, no panic, no stress. You get up the next morning and just grab your hand luggage and go......so easy and more importantly, relaxing.

I think most people will agree with me, the stress levels drop dramatically once you know you dont have to lug all those suitcases around !

Thank you. This sounds great

I have been told that you can check in online and still go and drop your bags off during twilight checkin, can anyone confirm that this is correct or have actually done this for themselves.
:yay:

We live about an hour and a half from Gatwick and usually get up early and go but this year as we are travelling on a weekday instead of a weekend we are staying overnight at the Travelodge ( i don't want to risk rush hour !).It is £15 per room.I am taking cheap toothbrushes for 15 p each and leaving our night clothes etc in the car when we do meet and greet .I had forgotton about car seats so that is helpful advice , as mine are on boosters i think i will just check them in at twilight checkin.

LOVE twilight check in. We get there at about 4 - 5 pm. never a queue, load the stuff on, get the first choice of seats, never been charged excess baggage (and I travel with 4 suitcases, 2 bags, 2 car seats and a buggy!) and then you're bag free, tickets in hand and can lounge in a hotel late into the morning and then stroll out to the departure gate.

most wonderful thing Virgin ever did!!

For us it really starts the holiday off early.:banana: We are 2 hours from gatwick .We leave when we are ready without panicking if we have locked this or that as we are so chilled .:hippie: After we check in we go to hotel and relax .:surfweb: In the evening my brother and his wife comeup as they live about 45 mins away and have dinner with us .:grouphug: Then the next morning all we have to do is have breakfast and board .:banana: :banana: :banana:
It is especially better at the moment because of all the security it takes a long time to get thro customs with the queues in the morning .
I could not reccomend it more highly.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter