Virgin seating allocation info!!

Netty

DIS Veteran
I have just rang Virgin up to ask why after weeks, i still only have 2 e-tickets, one for me and one for dd, dh hasn't had one sent, anyway she is re-mailing all 3 :)
While i was on the phone i asked if we could have 3 seats together for our upcoming July hol, she said there isnt 3 together and the ones that are left are all scattered about the plane.
But what she did say was that only 60% of seats have been allocated and the last 40% are allocated the day before the flight. So if you have trouble now getting seats together -then wait until the day before your flight to book them!
I hope she's giving me the right information

It is true that they only allocate a certain amount of seats for pre-booking. I would check-in online as soon as possible rather than wait till getting to the airport.

Hope it works out for you :goodvibes

thats true - 60% upfront and 40% on the day

Try online check in, but not sure they will be available. If not get to airport as soon as the desk opens. We arrived 2 hours before departure at Xmas and they had given away our prebooked seats and had to sit 2+2 10 rows apart.
Also keep checking online every few days to see if seats have come available. People cancel, they change planes, allsorts can happen for seats to be freed.

Try online check in, but not sure they will be available. If not get to airport as soon as the desk opens. We arrived 2 hours before departure at Xmas and they had given away our prebooked seats and had to sit 2+2 10 rows apart.

Thats terrible :sad2:
Thankyou all for all your advice, i never knew that they released 40% of the seats, i thought they were all released together.
She did say it was the day before , so she must of got that wrong

I know but prebooked seats are not guaranteed. You have to checkin online to make sure you get them. I tried but the Online system was down so could not do it. DW was all set for a big argument with them but I calmed her down. getting annoyed would not make seats appear. (Whisper)Upside, I didn't have to sit with my Mother In Law for 8 hours. Hope they dont read this :lmao:

I know but prebooked seats are not guaranteed. You have to checkin online to make sure you get them. I tried but the Online system was down so could not do it. DW was all set for a big argument with them but I calmed her down. getting annoyed would not make seats appear. (Whisper)Upside, I didn't have to sit with my Mother In Law for 8 hours. Hope they dont read this :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Have you tried to do it through the "manage my booking" section on the website? You may need your Virgin Atlantic reservation number if you ask Virgin Holidays staff they should be able to help with this for you.
We had no problem doing our seat selections this way and got 3 seats together for our trip both outbound June 21st and return July 5th.Good Luck:grouphug: :grouphug:

Thankyou all for all your advice, i never knew that they released 40% of the seats, i thought they were all released together.
She did say it was the day before , so she must of got that wrong

Before the days of on-line check in the 40% remaining seats were released on the day of departure now they are released 24 hrs before in line with the on line check facility.
:cool1:

I am sure that a certain percent are kept for cehckin at the airport, exit aisle seats certain are as they need to physically see the person before allocating that seat.

Claire ;)

I am sure that a certain percent are kept for cehckin at the airport, exit aisle seats certain are as they need to physically see the person before allocating that seat.

Claire ;)

I also heard that Virgin are making a charge for exit seats not sure if this is true or just rumors?

I also heard that Virgin are making a charge for exit seats not sure if this is true or just rumors?

If you ask for them they charge you but if a full aircraft and those are the only left guess they can't charge you!

Claire ;)

I have just rang Virgin up to ask why after weeks, i still only have 2 e-tickets, one for me and one for dd, dh hasn't had one sent, anyway she is re-mailing all 3 :)
While i was on the phone i asked if we could have 3 seats together for our upcoming July hol, she said there isnt 3 together and the ones that are left are all scattered about the plane.
But what she did say was that only 60% of seats have been allocated and the last 40% are allocated the day before the flight. So if you have trouble now getting seats together -then wait until the day before your flight to book them!
I hope she's giving me the right information

yes, that's the way it works and has been ever since I've been booking online. The remainder are allocated at check in (be it online or at the desk) :)

Before the days of on-line check in the 40% remaining seats were released on the day of departure now they are released 24 hrs before in line with the on line check facility.
:cool1:
So online check-in for your flight opens 24 hours before departure? Ill definitely be using this.

What happens when you get to the airport if you've checked in online? I assume there must be some kind of bag drop, and somewhere to pick up your boarding pass, etc?

So online check-in for your flight opens 24 hours before departure? Ill definitely be using this.

What happens when you get to the airport if you've checked in online? I assume there must be some kind of bag drop, and somewhere to pick up your boarding pass, etc?

Correct - you still have to go through a similar process to normal check-in, but at a designated desk(s) for bag drop-off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter