Virgin Flight diverted?

Jules224

Mouseketeer
I have been keeping an eye on the flight status as we are flying with them on monday and today's flight has been diverted to Goose Bay, does anybody know why this could happen and also the return flight from Orlando is delayed by several hours? Just wondered why.

It could be any number of reasons. A passenger falling ill; an abusive passenger; a technical problem with the plane; an issue at the destination airport to name just a few.

I too have been keeping an eye on the progress of VS15 as I am on that flight next Wednesday!

The flight left Gatwick only three minutes late, but 5 hours into the flight they were expected to land in Orlando 2 hours behind schedule. As I kept refreshing it I saw they had been diverted to "Goose Bay", and were planning to take off again 50minutes after they had landed there. Before I went to bed, these plans were scrapped and they were aiming for a 6am local time take off, getting into to Orlando at 9.30am.

Today I see they have pushed this back further to a 10am take off.

I can only imagine that they have run into the stormy weather that is due in the UK over the next day or so; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6272547.stm

Howard412
I was thinking it might be the weather as they took off on time etc and i'm guessing the flight that was due to leave orlando last night was possibly the same plane that didn't get there?
I hope they all get there safely soon.

We were diverted to Gander in Newfoundland a couple of years ago on an American Airlines flight from JFK, and that was due to a 'smell of fumes' in the cabin. Turning back 2 hours with that is not fun by any means!

We also once had a flight diverted to Washington on the way to Atlanta, and that was for a medical emergency, but even though the sick person was off the flight in minutes, we were grounded for hours because we then needed to refuel, and you need all the checks and certificates done again before you can take off.

Unfortunately, it is one of those things that can happen to airline, whatever class you are in, but the knock on effect is huge!

Hi, its my post on v-flyer.

Looks like ... at the moment ... flight will be 24hours late, although this to be confirmed.

Won't post all the details again, as you can read them all on the link.

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter