Virgin Credit Card / Frequent Flyer

Tink78

DIS Veteran
Hello :wave2:

Ok, so I have applied for my Virgin CC and been approved :cool1: , and have signed up for my frequent flyer membership.

We went to New York in April with Virgin (booked through Expedia), so once I get my card through, can I claim the miles that we would have gained from our NY trip?
How do I do this?
Do I call the CC people or the frequent flyer people?
Don't want to miss out on the miles as I know I only have 6 months to claim them.

Also, how many miles do I need to earn before I can start getting discounted flights?

Thanks

As you log into the FF website theres a bit that says something like 'want to claim miles from previous flights?' if you click on that you can then enter dates and flight numbers of when you last flew and within a few hours it'll update your account, I have done this on several occassions although unfortunately I can never reclaim my miles 'cos I've always booked on discounted flight class tickets!

The frequent flyer website is down but I will keep trying.

Thanks for the info.

When you log onto your accoutn on the Virgin Atlantic website, click "statement" and then at the bottom is a link which states "claim missing miles". Click this and fill in the details. It will take a while for them to process your claim and add on the miles. Also, check that your ticket was a qualifying ticket. You cannot earn miles on some of the discounted ticket classes. You can also only get the miles for one passenger, regardless of how many of you flew. You will need to open up separate flying club account(s) for your DH and/or children in order for their miles to be claimed as well.

You can get a companion flight (buy a regular priced ticket and a companion can fly for free) from around 20,000 miles (economy class).

:wizard:

Done it, thank you for the help.
Got 6917 miles for my trip there and back again.

Wish I could add DH's miles to my account but never mind.

If you open up a separate account for each family member then it may come in useful. If you reach Flying Club Gold status then you are able to transfer the miles from one account to another -- making it even easier to boost up your balance. This service is called the family account. :)

:wizard:

Actually Frances, do you know if the miles you earn through the credit card automatically go across to your ff account or do you have to transfer them yourself? and do they show up as and when the cc balance is paid, ie if you have a cc balance of £1000 but choose to pay only £500 do they credit your 500 miles when you pay them or do they only credit the 1000 miles when you've paid off the lot???
TIA

carolfoy said:
Actually Frances, do you know if the miles you earn through the credit card automatically go across to your ff account or do you have to transfer them yourself? and do they show up as and when the cc balance is paid, ie if you have a cc balance of £1000 but choose to pay only £500 do they credit your 500 miles when you pay them or do they only credit the 1000 miles when you've paid off the lot???
TIA

We also have the credit card (and we should have got the free companion flight now :banana: ) and can advise that the points automatically go from the credit card to the FF account when the statements are raised. Though I did have to advise FF of the correct card number as for some reason they changed my FF card around the time that we obtained the credit card.

Hope that helps

Thanks Disneydes will check my statements at the end of the month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter