Virgin Atlantic

If you look on Vflyer? you can see reviews of the seats before you pick. :goodvibes

yes you can you go into manage my booking and you can pick which seats you would like

... but remember that these are only seating requests, not seat bookings. Requested seats may be changed if there's a change in aircraft or other 'operational requirements'.

yes it is only a seating request but we have never had our request changed, and as long as you only want seats together and don’t go choosing exit seats or extra legroom seats then I don’t think you will have a problem getting your requested seats

yes it is only a seating request but we have never had our request changed, and as long as you only want seats together and don’t go choosing exit seats or extra legroom seats then I don’t think you will have a problem getting your requested seats

Unfortunatlely not true. Xmas 2006 we got to Manchester airport 2 hours to departure. We were 3 adults and a 11 year old. They had used our seats for a family with small children, we had to sit 2+2 elsewhere, about 10 rows apart.
If you have young children you take priority over prebooked seats.

We, like Wayne, have had our Virgin requested seats changed - probably more times than we've been able to keep the requested ones! We have been able to keep them most often when there have been only two of us travelling, but not exclusively. Whenever we have been given different seats it's been to move us from the window rows into the centre rows (not sure if that's relevant or helps at all!).

You need Virgin reference number from Travel Agent to allocate seats, but I do not think they will be issued yet as flights are only 11 months away on their system.

It is Virgin Atlantic booking reference that you need for their website.

Don't think that would work as Virgin call centre is rubbish as they put you through to India (don't get me started on that) and they would want the reference anyway.

Try the travel agent and explain that you want to do manage my flight on Virgin Atlantic's website. It's worth a try.

As folks have already said, it is only a request for seats you would like. To really guarantee to be seated together either use on-line check in the day before or if flying from Gatwick use twilight checkin, or get to check in as early as possible the day of your flight :)

As folks have already said, it is only a request for seats you would like. To really guarantee to be seated together either use on-line check in the day before or if flying from Gatwick use twilight checkin, or get to check in as early as possible the day of your flight :)

This is all a well and good but the last twice I have tried to check in before hand the system is either bogged down or broke down even at 12 am the day we actually fly.Touch wood we have have always had the seats we have requested but then we are a family of 3 and have a small child.Just get there really early if like us you can't book in online:thumbsup2

This is all a well and good but the last twice I have tried to check in before hand the system is either bogged down or broke down even at 12 am the day we actually fly.Touch wood we have have always had the seats we have requested but then we are a family of 3 and have a small child.Just get there really early if like us you can't book in online:thumbsup2

That is the reason we got split up, we always do online checkin but that trip the facility was not working, tried about a dozen times right upto leaving for the airport. Never had a problem when we have done online checkin.

That is the reason we got split up, we always do online checkin but that trip the facility was not working, tried about a dozen times right upto leaving for the airport. Never had a problem when we have done online checkin.

Netty was on the same flight as us wayne and I am sure she had the same problem with the online check in not working.It isn't fare that familys are split or couples when they have seats pre booked. We have always said that as long as one of us is seated with charlotte and we still get there we are not really that fussed.I know last year one guy was playing merry hell up .He hadn't prebooked seats and and 3 children his wife and his mom.He refused to sit in a 4 in the middle as he said he was too tall and needed an exit row which had all gone.Eventually he got seats in an exit row where a man in a wheel chair was supposed to be sitting and the disabled man got upgraded to PE!!The girl that booked us in told us this as she had had a stressful morning trying to please people and said we were the first straightforward booking she had had:lmao: poor soul

If you book with a different travel company but are travelling with Virgin you can still ring up Virgin and request a code. I did that last year for online check in. The seats were already allocated 3 together and one across the aisle. It doesn't really bother me with the seating as long as the kids (I say kids but they are 19 and 17) can at least sit together or with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter