Virgin Atlantic Holidays Query

Pluginbaby

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We have just recently booked our first trip to WDW for October 2017 (too long away =( ) via Virgin Holidays.

Putting aside the immense excitement we have, I have noticed something on the website which worries me somewhat. On the 'Manage Booking' section, it says that the tickets and vouchers will not be available to download or print until September 2017 (i.e, a month before we fly).

We are staying offsite, but I would have thought not receiving our Disney tickets to link to the app until a month before departure will almost totally hinder us in the hopes of booking some dinner reservations and Fast Pass for attractions - am I worrying without need being the newbie that I am?!

If anyone has booked with Virgin in the recent past and has experience of this I would greatly appreciate their advice :)

Luke

you can book the dinners just using an email. But you will need them for fast pass bookings (can't recall how far in advance you can do these)

I have booked with travelcity direct which is a sister company to VH, but I'm also in a slightly different position to you as we are staying on site but I'm sure you can book FP+ from 30 days out when staying offsite.

I'm not sure how it works with your park tickets but I thought that it's just your flying documents available 1 month before ( mine is exactly the same ) not your park tickets. I would call VH to find this info out, it might take you a few phone calls to actually get the right information ( I've had to call them several times and had different answers each time ). Good luck.

I personally would of thought they would be able to give you the park ticket reference numbers so you can link them before 1 month from travel.

If you're staying onsite, you can make FP+ 60 days in advance, 30 days for offsite.

Have you tried linking your Virgin Holidays ref to your My Disney Experience account yet? If you link this, then your package will show up on there, including your park tickets - this will then allow you to make your FP+ selections at 60 days. I know there has been some delay for tickets showing up in MDE app in the past, so they could show up nearer to your departure date :thumbsup2

Virgin don't send out any actual paper work anymore, you have to download it all in the 'manage your booking' bit like you said - we went with them in February and I can assure you it won't give issues making your FP+ selections if you're linked to the MDE app :goodvibes Happy planning!

Last edited:

If you're staying offsite, you can make FP+ 60 days in advance, 30 days is only for onsite.

Have you tried linking your Virgin Holidays ref to your My Disney Experience account yet? If you link this, then your package will show up on there, including your park tickets - this will then allow you to make your FP+ selections at 60 days. I know there has been some delay for tickets showing up in MDE app in the past, so they could show up nearer to your departure date :thumbsup2

Virgin don't send out any actual paper work anymore, you have to download it all in the 'manage your booking' bit like you said - we went with them in February and I can assure you it won't give issues making your FP+ selections if you're linked to the MDE app :goodvibes Happy planning!

Hey :)

I cannot see any option on the MDE App to be able to link the Virgin Holidays reference (the reference number I have is 7 digits long, which allows me to log into the Virgin Holidays site and check my booking etc). The only options on the App appear to be to link Disney tickets (which it says is a 12 digit code) or to put a Disneyworld Resort booking reference in (which I am guessing is for people staying onsite).

With me not staying at Disney, I can't see any opion to put the Virgin reference in :(

I know you can use your virgin 7 digit ref in the MDE on the WDW website, not sure about the app.

I used mine to link up but I had a full package booked for WDW.

It's worth a try to see if the tickets show up :)

EDIT: Thinking about it I'm sure you need the 12 digit ref off the tickets to be able to just add tickets to your account. Not 100% though.

Isn't it the other way round?

Offsite - 30 days
Onsite - 60 days

Haha yes you're completely right, sorry about that!! I have edited it so I don't carry on giving the wrong information!

I've just checked my previous reservations and we used the 7 digit one Virgin gave to us to link to our account, so yours should hopefully work!

Last edited:
Hi all,

We have just recently booked our first trip to WDW for October 2017 (too long away =( ) via Virgin Holidays.

Putting aside the immense excitement we have, I have noticed something on the website which worries me somewhat. On the 'Manage Booking' section, it says that the tickets and vouchers will not be available to download or print until September 2017 (i.e, a month before we fly).

We are staying offsite, but I would have thought not receiving our Disney tickets to link to the app until a month before departure will almost totally hinder us in the hopes of booking some dinner reservations and Fast Pass for attractions - am I worrying without need being the newbie that I am?!

If anyone has booked with Virgin in the recent past and has experience of this I would greatly appreciate their advice :)

Luke

I'm guessing this is just your flight tickets and vouchers for car hire and v-room etc.
I'm sure its not your Disney tickets etc.

When we went with Virgin in 2014 we just called them for the reference number a few days prior to being able to book fastpasses. Either that or try sending them the question on their facebook page as thats how we found the information when we needed it as we were newbies to it all too.
Hope that helps and enjoy the holiday. We are going in Nov/Dec 2017 so even longer to wait :) but you will have an amazing time when it comes around

We just did this recently. All you have to use is your virgin reference and your surname and the app should find your reservations.
If you have more than one room then for the second one you need to add /1 to the reference.
This will then show you your reservations and allow you to book restaurants. Then 60 days before your flight your tickets (if included in your package) will automatically kick in and let you start booking fast passes.

Thanks so much for all the advice everyone - however, after much discussion and deliberation (!!!) me and my missus decided we wanted to be within the Disney resort. I must say, changing your hotel with Virgin is a doddle, they made it really simple and if anyone is ever in that position where they need to do this, ring them up and it takes 5 minutes.

We are now staying at the Art of Animation Resort (same flights/dates - 10th October 2017 - too far!) for our holiday. I still can't bring anything up on the App, but considering we literally just made this alteration it's pretty understandable! Thanks to everyone on here for trying to help, what a great community you have on here. Hopefully once I have actually been to WDW I can help to give newbies the same level of advice on here that you guys have.

Sounds great! And trust me, the time does fly by! We booked at 500+ days and now down to 127 :goodvibes

With regards to changing a booking with virgin, I had a positive experience with them on live chat. I wanted to see if I could change our flight to a later date and it was so simple, all we had to pay was a admin fee ( or whatever it's called ) The lovely lady remembered to change the car hire date also, only costing an extra 5p!!! I totally forgot about the car hire as I was running super later to collect dd from school, I then quickly mentioned it at the end of the live chat and she said she's already dealt with it! Fab :thumbsup2

Happy planning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter