Virgin and MDE - AGAIN !!!!

Tony Bush

DIS Veteran
I'm going round in circles !!!! Got my hotel etc linked ages ago, but our tickets have never been on there. We are now at 90 odd days out so I thought I'd try again. Disney say its down to Virgin... Virgin on-line chat says :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
When this was booked disney would of been aware of the reservation confirmation number and the board bases the disney ticket reference isnt released until 60 days before and even if we were to ask for this reference you still wouldnt be able to access this until 60 day mark
Tony Bush says:
So how come my daughters was available at 180 days ? Booked through yoursleves, Disney hotel + dining package ?
Tony Bush says:
Same booking system, same package, but different ticketing ?
Tony Bush says:
Disney have told me that they are just waiting for Virgin to electronically send the ticket information i the same way you send the hotel reservation.
Shanna Martin says:
The Disney ticket reference shouldnt be avaiable until the 60 day release so i couldnt say why if your daughter is going the same dates why its allow her to do this as the dining can be done at 180 days
Shanna Martin says:
Your disney ticket reference hasnt be released as of yet so I am not able to provide you with this at the moment
Tony Bush says:
Why do Virgin not release this information until 60 days ?
Shanna Martin says:
This is the agreement we have with disney
Shanna Martin says:
I have spoken to our disney product team to reconfirm and they have advised the same

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else succeeded where I cannot ?

Tony

Have you tried calling Disney MDE helpdesk?

I am assuming you booked a free dining package - in which case I would expect the tickets to be showing.

Try Disney if you haven't otherwise I would email Virgin Holidays.

Yes I tried Disney MDE helpline. They can do nothing until Virgin release the ticket details...

Has anyone got their tickets linked earlier ? I know it can be done, when I set up my daughters MDE they just appeared at about 190 days out - and that was with Virgin tgo !!!!

I think they just make this up as they go along !

I would try Disney again - sometimes you get a more helpful CM than others if not the only option will be to email VH.

You can't get the DDP without tickets so they should be there.

Have you tried the virgin holiday orlando rep. She was a great help when I booked through them.

Hi Tinks :)

Yes The concierge were brilliant. They helped me get my hotel reservation linked at about 200 days out ! But they say they can't help with the tickets as its a UK Virgin problem. Apparently until Virgin UK send the details over to Disney they can't help !

Frustrating !!!!

Can we set up a DIS travel agency ?????? At least we'd all know what we were talking about !!!! :) :)

Tony

Hi Tinks :) Yes The concierge were brilliant. They helped me get my hotel reservation linked at about 200 days out ! But they say they can't help with the tickets as its a UK Virgin problem. Apparently until Virgin UK send the details over to Disney they can't help ! Frustrating !!!! Can we set up a DIS travel agency ?????? At least we'd all know what we were talking about !!!! :) :) Tony

This is why most if us do DIY - we have control over our bookings and no third parties to deal with :)

Virgin are awful and liars. The concierge can sort it!

This kind of thing is why we re trying independent this time!

Virgin are awful and liars. The concierge can sort it! This kind of thing is why we re trying independent this time!

I can only echo this booked virgin and they were awful, never again. Once they had your money they were even less helpful, thankfully booked disney direct this time and should be better :)

My daughter goes in Aug and the hotel and dining showed up from the beginning but no tickets showed until exactly 60 days out. She didn't have to phone virgin for numbers etc they just appeared when they said they would.Had no trouble booking fast passes and could even select type of room although she is aware that it is only a request and not final.:thumbsup2

Well I've e-mailed them (Virgin) we will have to wait and see what they're reply is !

The concierge have been great but they said its a problem in the UK. Nothing they can do from the US side.

Tony

Reply from Virgin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Anthony Bush,

Thanks for your email.

As you are staying onsite with Disney, you will be able to start using your MyMagic+ 60 days prior to your arrival dates.

We'll email shortly before the 60 day window opens, so that you can log on and engage in MyMagic+ on the Disney Experience website. Once online, your ticket details will be loaded against your hotel reservation so there is nothing else for you to do other then get yourself to the front of the queue, on your favourite ride!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Disney 14 day ultimate tickets were showing in MDE from about 200 days out. I just hope it lets me book all my FP + at the 60 day window.

Concierge has confirmed that their new policy is to issue the tickets at 60 days (usually 61 or 62).Guess I'll just have to wait! - can't do FP before then anyway :)

Some were done at 200 days etc as a trial of the new MDE system from Virgin's end

Tony

Such a shame that the company doesn't try to work with what will suit customers get. They should release it as soon as possible - not wait until so late!! My patience may be lacking!!

Can I ask what difference does it make if it 60 days out? You cannot do FP+ until 42 days before and ADRs can still be booked. Yes, it's a pain in the rear end, but, why stress out, if it was 7 days before you go then I can understand the stressing. BTW, anyone look at Travel City Direct, identical holidays as they are owned by Virgin and a lot cheaper, you have to pay the $10 for DTD check in, but, when I'm saving £300 that is a small price to pay. And although I get transfer with VH and TCD after my experience with DME the last two trips (the first because VH had no transportation sorted for me when I got to OIA as I'd come in from LA despite assurances there would be when I booked the holiday with them) I'm tempted to forgo the shuttle with TCD and go with DME again, it was free and much more efficient TBH.

Can I ask what difference does it make if it 60 days out? You cannot do FP+ until 42 days before and ADRs can still be booked. Yes, it's a pain in the rear end, but, why stress out, if it was 7 days before you go then I can understand the stressing. BTW, anyone look at Travel City Direct, identical holidays as they are owned by Virgin and a lot cheaper, you have to pay the $10 for DTD check in, but, when I'm saving £300 that is a small price to pay. And although I get transfer with VH and TCD after my experience with DME the last two trips (the first because VH had no transportation sorted for me when I got to OIA as I'd come in from LA despite assurances there would be when I booked the holiday with them) I'm tempted to forgo the shuttle with TCD and go with DME again, it was free and much more efficient TBH.

If you are staying onsite FP+ booking window opens 60 days prior to check in.

TBH I would want my tickets showing slightly in advance so I know they are there ready. I also don't understand why when tickets have to be bought as part of the package for free dining they are not transferred/entered at the same time :rolleyes1

Woohoo !! - A quick update. After countless e-mails and phone calls to Disney, Virgin and the concierge, only for Virgin to state that their policy is tickets will be issued and thus linked at 60 days out......... logged onto MDE as I do most mornings (lol) at 84 days and bingo - tickets are showing !!! Go figure !!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter