• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIP, Villains and Vino With Jen and Joe on the Go New TR Link and this TR is COMPLETE!

:chat: O.M.G! I did not even know you had started a whole new trip report! Healthcare is crazy right now, and while some people are on furlough, I am working 70+ hours per week (plus I had to take a pay cut!), and finding time to actually go on DISboards has been near impossible. I was clicking on "watched" and then this morning thought I would check out the trip report section, and I found this TR! It is funny, because I had seen all the Jen and Joe VLOG's, but did not realize they were connected to a completely new trip report! :flower1:

I am so sorry to hear about precious Gia! I am glad she is on the mend and this scary illness is in the past! I sent a prayer of thanks :thanks:to the Good Lord instead! How scary for your sister to go through! And it must have been awful for you being so far away, but if her hospital was like ours, no visitors except for Mom or Dad would have been allowed.

Congrats to Joe on his new job! pixiedust: I hope he is still able to take time to travel like he did before! I have been planning our November trip for the past 18 months, and I am not giving up on it. It has been 22 years since our last trip there. We travel a lot, but have not been back to Disney, and I have been so excited to finally return. We've also had three trips cancelled this year so far, and I am really hoping November won't be the fourth!

My reasons to go are: 1. Fewer Crowds; 2. I know how to take precautions, as do my kids and grandkids because they have a crazy ER nurse to answer to! 3. The grandkids won't know what they are missing, and will love being able to travel and see Mickey Mouse (the 7 year old is even researching hidden Mickeys in preparation for the trip!), and 4. This might be the perfect reason to take another trip in a couple of years to do what we couldn't experience the first time!

Thanks for sharing your adventures! The Vlogs always bring a smile to my day! :banana:

Loved your Sangria video. If the class is available in October, I am signing up.
I'm so happy you did.
The class was soooo much fun!

O.M.G! I did not even know you had started a whole new trip report!

:welcome:

Congrats to Joe on his new job! pixiedust: I hope he is still able to take time to travel like he did before!
He was actually given almost 5 weeks PTO. Yay!

My reasons to go are: 1. Fewer Crowds; 2. I know how to take precautions, as do my kids and grandkids because they have a crazy ER nurse to answer to! 3. The grandkids won't know what they are missing, and will love being able to travel and see Mickey Mouse (the 7 year old is even researching hidden Mickeys in preparation for the trip!), and 4. This might be the perfect reason to take another trip in a couple of years to do what we couldn't experience the first time!
Joe and I are going in with very low expectations. We both hate wearing the mask and there's no way I am going to be able to wear it hours on end in a park. LOL!

I hadn't ever heard of Sangria University, but it sounds like so much fun!!! I love elote, so that would have been an awesome addition for me, too :)

$35 is a STEAL!!! I feel like a couple glasses of Sangria would cost more than that in one of Disney's restaurants!!

You guys are the cutest :)

I hadn't ever heard of Sangria University, but it sounds like so much fun!!! I love elote, so that would have been an awesome addition for me, too :)

$35 is a STEAL!!! I feel like a couple glasses of Sangria would cost more than that in one of Disney's restaurants!!

You guys are the cutest :)
Thanks Jackie!!!! This was such a fun thing to do and the low price tag made it even better. We did leave a tip because our host did such a good job.

Congratulations on your graduation!!!!!!! You worked so hard for the honor and you should be so very proud of all of your accomplishments 🍷

Gran Destino is so my vibe. Between the decor and the views, I see why the NBA wants to stay here :-) I wish they had balcony's but I loath the motel style moderates and values so this is a welcomed change. Can't wait to try it some day

I love the view you had from your resort room and the shower in the bathroom. It might be worth it to stay there just for those two things. :)

How does 3 Bridges Bar and Grill compare to Geyser Point? I was wondering if the success of Geyser Point was the reason they built 3 Bridges on the lake.

Loved your room tour video! I would LOVE to stay at Destino sometime........it looks so nice! Sangria university looks like so much fun! What a great experience!

I don't want to give specifics of this class because I don't want to ruin it for anybody else who may want to take it if it is offered again in the future.
Okay, consider me intrigued... ::yes::

Congratulations on your graduation!!!!!!! You worked so hard for the honor and you should be so very proud of all of your accomplishments 🍷

Gran Destino is so my vibe. Between the decor and the views, I see why the NBA wants to stay here :-) I wish they had balcony's but I loath the motel style moderates and values so this is a welcomed change. Can't wait to try it some day
YES! Congrats on graduating! :thumbsup2 Probably the most fun school could ever be :laughing:

Yes, Kari @kastoney is accustomed to luxurious scaffolding balconies. :snooty: :laughing:Get it together Gran Destino. ;)

Thank you Kari. Joe and I studied very hard. LOL!

For a moderate, it's very nicely priced too, which is a bonus.

I love the view you had from your resort room and the shower in the bathroom. It might be worth it to stay there just for those two things. :)
It's a moderate so very reasonably priced. It's become one of our top 4 Disney resorts.

How does 3 Bridges Bar and Grill compare to Geyser Point? I was wondering if the success of Geyser Point was the reason they built 3 Bridges on the lake.
I think it's just as wonderful as GP. Great menu and awesome views.

Loved your room tour video! I would LOVE to stay at Destino sometime........it looks so nice! Sangria university looks like so much fun! What a great experience!
Thank you!!! One of our fav resorts now.
Sangria University was the best "extra" thing we have ever done at Disney!!!!

Okay, consider me intrigued... ::yes::
This is definitely something a group of us DISERS should do together!!!! It would be so much fun!!!!

YES! Congrats on graduating! :thumbsup2 Probably the most fun school could ever be :laughing:
Why thank you. It was a tough class, but we stuck it out. LOL!

Yes, Kari @kastoney is accustomed to luxurious scaffolding balconies. :snooty: :laughing:Get it together Gran Destino. ;)
That's right! I remember that TR very well.:rotfl2:

I have 2 words for you...

SANGRIA UNIVERSITY!!!!

Yep, this is a real thing and an event that Joe and I were able to attend on his birthday!
Also, probably the best thing I have EVER done at Disney.

We checked in about 15 minutes prior to class starting at the 3 Bridges Bar and Grill at Coronado Springs Resort. This is the new bar/lounge that went up at the same time as Destino Towers. The restaurant is beautiful and the views are phenomenal.

Things started off a bit rocky, as we were told to check-in at one time but weren't even acknowledged until close to 40 minutes after arrival. This event was so popular that they ended up having 2 classes at the same time, about 15 people in each class on either end of the restaurant.

After we took our seats, the class began with the history of sangria from our host. Then we were given 4 different types of sangrias to try and a special elote snack with chips made special for us by the chef. This was delicious and helped to soak down all that alcohol we were given. LOL! Finally, we were able to make our own sangria from a list of ingredients we were able to choose from, complete with a whole array of garnishes.

I don't want to give specifics of this class because I don't want to ruin it for anybody else who may want to take it if it is offered again in the future. However, I will say this class was only $35 pp and well worth the cost. We were given recipe cards with each of the 4 sangrias on them and had a photo op and received a "diploma" at the end of the class. We had so much fun and laughed a lot. If you'd like to see the class for yourself, check out our YouTube vlog at the end of this blog...

Next up...Joe and I FINALLY see our room at Destino Towers...

View attachment 500892View attachment 500895View attachment 500894View attachment 500893View attachment 500896View attachment 500897View attachment 500898View attachment 500899View attachment 500900
I would love to do Sangria University but kinda hard to do when you have a 7 year old with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter