VIP Tour

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
Okay - my friend had me book one for five hours. I've read all the info but am wondering if anyone has actually done the VIP Tour Guide "gig"?

We have done the tour, and will be doing it again in October. IMO it's totally worth it for the reserved seating alone! We had seats reserved for the parade, fireworks and riverside(not the dessert seating) for F! They also got us a riverside table at BB! The actual tour itself you can customise to what ever you like, we wanted a guide that could give us some history behind the parks and give us some inside info. They will not backdoor you into any rides but they will work the fastpass system. Our guide got us to the front of the line for some of the characters inclulding Mickey. I am always looking for things to ask to see on our tour (we will ask to ride Lilly Belle this time) if anyone has any ideas please share.

Simmone thanks for the info

What is lille belle - and what type of other things might we asked to see from the guide?

Our friends are only here from 10am-3pm and then they have to leave to go to the airport. It is a Sat. and we know that it will be super busy and navigating DL can be crazy since we haven't been for years. We are hiring the guide for that time so we can try to "optimize" what we can get done, etc. And, our friend is not used to waiting in lots of lines (in his line of work he usually isn't the one that waits - although it might not hurt for him to slow down a bit) so I figured this might be the best option to try and get something done. It will be nice if they can work the fastpass system ... we probably won't be interested in doing a lot of Fantasyland rides (except I love Peter Pan - no one else does though) but the others like Space Mt., Splash Mt, Matterhorn, etc. Also, we are thinking we might jump over to California Adventure to try Soaring and maybe California Screaming.

Do you know if they will arrange for seating for that evening for us - even though the tour will be done? We would like to see MK fireworks and parade but with the limited time won't get to do that while they are there for the "tour" but my family will be there until midnight.

JadeDarkStar - The tour is $75 hour with a 4 hour minimum (plus tip) so it isn't inexpensive. That said in our instance where the money isn't the issue for this person it is getting done as much as he can in the short amount of time ... I am hoping it will be worth it.

We have done the tour, and will be doing it again in October. IMO it's totally worth it for the reserved seating alone! We had seats reserved for the parade, fireworks and riverside(not the dessert seating) for F! They also got us a riverside table at BB! The actual tour itself you can customise to what ever you like, we wanted a guide that could give us some history behind the parks and give us some inside info. They will not backdoor you into any rides but they will work the fastpass system. Our guide got us to the front of the line for some of the characters inclulding Mickey. I am always looking for things to ask to see on our tour (we will ask to ride Lilly Belle this time) if anyone has any ideas please share.

Exactly where were your viewings located(FW,etc)

Thanks,

Jack

cjsmom5 :
They will make arrangements for you anytime during your stay, it does not have to be during your tour or even on the same day. When we had the tour it was Christmas and I had never seen the park that full, it was at capacity. Our tour was on a Saturday and in the four hours we were able to go on almost every ride we were interested in (in both parks). Lille Belle is the VIP parlor car on the Disney railroad, so I am going to see if we can go on that, as for other things to ask for I am looking for suggestions.

blackjackdelta:

It was Christmas time so we were seated by IASW with the holiday tour for the parade, at the train station for the fireworks and we were originally on the balcony at the gallery (the smaller one not the dessert seating) for F! but that showing didn't happen for some reason so we saw the second showing on the riverside ( we were in an roped off area near the dessert seating). Our views were great for the parade and F! but we couldn't see the projections on the castle very well from the train station (not sure if that is still part of the fireworks)

Thanks for your response. We head down in about 10 days, any more suggestions about what to do. I wonder if they will schedule when we are there. Can not find the previous thread about we may have the opportunity to do.

Jack

We are going to do the VIP tour for our Anniversary the end of this month. It is just going to be DH and I. Does anyone have any additional tips and do you think 4 hours is long enough or should I book it for longer. I'm thinking 5-6 hours might be better.

Anybody else have any special suggestions for our trip? We are splurging and staying Concierge at the GCH.. I just want this to be a great once in a lifetime trip. I want to do all of the things that we can't when our kids are there.

I'm curious because Simmonne posted that they visited both parks. Will the VIP tour take you to both parks if you request it?

Also, I always used to tip the Disneyland Tour guides, but when I was at WDW the guides would not accept a tip saying they were not allowed to. Just making sure that it is ok to tip at Disneyland.

You can definately do both parks and we found out some intersting facts about DCA (there were a ton of things to point out in TOT). Also the tour can go as long as you want, just a min of 4 hours ( though they add an additional charge after 8). The guide will keep going as long as you want. Califgirl it is funny that you mention tipping- we tipped our guide on our last tour but I was reading somewhere on Disney's sight that tour guides were not allowed to accept gratuities ( I can't find where I read this for the life of me.) I'm not sure if that was a WDW policy (their tour costs more per hour) or it is a new policy accross the board. Anyone tip their tour guide at DLR recently?

Just got off the phone with Disney and the gal who is setting up our VIP Tour. I asked about tip ... she said tips are not expected ... when I pressed her she said that yes they could accept them if offered to them.

They have us set up for our tour and then the 6:30pm parade ... the 9:30 fireworks and the 10:30 Fantasmic with VIP Seating. That will definitely be a full day. Our tour ends at 5pm and then we are going to grab a bite to eat someplace before the parade.

She told me the fireworks VIP seating was the above portion of the train station at the end of Main Street. I forgot to ask about the other two, though.

Would really love to do that but we could not do it all in one day. I guess I will call and see what they say.

Jackpirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter