VIP Tour Excursions

cruisecrasher

Adventurer Mom
Does anyone have experience with the VIP tour offered at WDW as excursions on the 8 night cruises? They seem expensive.
What do they involve?
I will have a 4yo and 6yo on their first visit to WDW.
Would you? Or not?

I did a VIP tour of the Magic Kingdom and highly recommend it, but I don't think they allowed children under the age of 13 to attend. They basically took us around the park giving us behind the scenes access to the rides, underground tunnels, and some fun trivia. Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but it is well worth the money!

Disneylovebirds said:
I did a VIP tour of the Magic Kingdom and highly recommend it, but I don't think they allowed children under the age of 13 to attend. They basically took us around the park giving us behind the scenes access to the rides, underground tunnels, and some fun trivia. Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but it is well worth the money!

No. I was referring to this-
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...for-young-families-a-vip-tour-port-canaveral/

Best of Walt Disney World Resort for Young Families  A VIP Tour
Port Canaveral
Make the most of your day by taking a VIP Tour of some of the best attractions for young families both at Magic Kingdom theme park and Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park. This is the best way to ensure you get to see as much as possible. Lunch is included! Learn more about this Port Adventure.

I think a lot depends on what time of year you are cruising. Unless you are going at one of the red times, when wait times are insane, I do not see the need to pay an extra $300 per person. Since your kids are young, get a stroller, plan out what you absolutely need to do (i.e. the rides with your kids favourite characters), and don't worry if you don't see it all. Don't book any dining etc, and just go with the flow. i took my DD for the first time when she was 2.5. It was a busier time, but we still were able to see almost everything. Some of the rides have height restrictions, so that will also cut down on what you can see. With a bit of pre-planning on your part, you will have a super day!:dance3:

I have not done it and don't have kids. But I will tell you why I don't think you should do it as a first timer to WDW. I know you want to get the most of your day. This tour will have you going from ride to ride with little to no wait. They will take you in a van from MK to HS.

That sounds good, right?
But you are going to miss so much! You wont get to take time to walk around MK. You will only do a few popular rides them speed off to HS. Do you get to customize it at all? Will you get to see the new Fantasyland? (assuming it is open then) What if your kids want to ride the carousel? Are they tall enough for Splash Mountain? Are you going to go back to MK for the nighttime parade and fireworks?

I would not do a VIP tour like this unless you have been a million times and want to just do rides or you are a celebrity or something. I would tell you to take your kids to the MK for the day. It looks like you will be going in about a month??? The weather should be nice then. Maybe if it were July or August and HOT out it would be worth it.

I basically agree with Sissy (above). For a first time, I wouldn't do the tour. Yes, it will max your time, but you will not have any chance to deviate from the planned tour. WDW has so much for everyone....do it on your own pace. I'd hate to have to tell my kid that they couldn't see a character because the tour group was moving on.

Don't get me wrong--I've had great fun with some "behind the scenes" or "scavenger hunt" type tours and seen things I would never have noticed on my own....but not the first time.

sissy_ib said:
I have not done it and don't have kids. But I will tell you why I don't think you should do it as a first timer to WDW. I know you want to get the most of your day. This tour will have you going from ride to ride with little to no wait. They will take you in a van from MK to HS.

That sounds good, right?
But you are going to miss so much! You wont get to take time to walk around MK. You will only do a few popular rides them speed off to HS. Do you get to customize it at all? Will you get to see the new Fantasyland? (assuming it is open then) What if your kids want to ride the carousel? Are they tall enough for Splash Mountain? Are you going to go back to MK for the nighttime parade and fireworks?

I would not do a VIP tour like this unless you have been a million times and want to just do rides or you are a celebrity or something. I would tell you to take your kids to the MK for the day. It looks like you will be going in about a month??? The weather should be nice then. Maybe if it were July or August and HOT out it would be worth it.

It's my kids first trip. It's part of the April cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter