VIP seats for Illuminations (related to dining)?

schmenge12

Earning My Ears
I have read a few comments about people getting VIP seats for Illum. that seemed to relate to dining reservations (or perhaps alleviating a forced cancellation due to a refurbishment). Anyone have this experience/opportunity?

Yup...we had a dinner ADR for Teppanyaki in Epcot WS for Sept 27 but the refurbishment that has kept the restaurant closed for the last month has been extended and as a result, all the restaurant's ADRs have had to be cancelled. When I called to book at a different restaurant for that evening, they offered me (for free) a VIP pass for my family to Illuminations for that evening.

Yup...we had a dinner ADR for Teppanyaki in Epcot WS for Sept 27 but the refurbishment that has kept the restaurant closed for the last month has been extended and as a result, all the restaurant's ADRs have had to be cancelled. When I called to book at a different restaurant for that evening, they offered me (for free) a VIP pass for my family to Illuminations for that evening.

Yup! Us too!! We even got our 1st choice of LeCellier!!! Do they keep some tables open for situations like this?? 'Cuz although I booked my adr's 6 months in advance - I called like a month ago to try to squeeze LeCellier in and (of course) it was completely booked!

And we also got the VIP seating for Illuminations! Any idea where that is in the scheme of things?

Do they keep some tables open for situations like this??
. . . no
. . . they simply hit the override button and added more ressies
. . . some eateries might have added a table or two
. . . but, the overload is the main reason for extra capacity

And we also got the VIP seating for Illuminations! Any idea where that is in the scheme of things?
. . . there are four original locations, but these are for high-priced rentals
. . . mainly corporate or Grand Gathering paid events (such as desert parties)
. . . they added two new spots - near souvenir stands and Millennium Village
. . . both are simply roped-off areas without seating
. . . there might be a bench or two for handicapped

We got them as well. We tried LeCellier, but no such luck. My sister wanted to eat in Mexico. Oh well.

How good of views do we get?

Do they keep some tables open for situations like this??
. . . no
. . . they simply hit the override button and added more ressies
. . . some eateries might have added a table or two
. . . but, the overload is the main reason for extra capacity

. . . there are four original locations, but these are for high-priced rentals
. . . mainly corporate or Grand Gathering paid events (such as desert parties)
. . . they added two new spots - near souvenir stands and Millennium Village
. . . both are simply roped-off areas without seating
. . . there might be a bench or two for handicapped

Thank you for answering my questions! :grouphug:

So, you want VIP seating for Illuminations? There is a way, and it doesn't involve dining reservations.

By the way, the VIP "viewing" is standing, but there is a place you can sit on benches right at the water's edge. Unfortunately, it's mostly left to chance.

Clue: Hang out in the vicinity of the Rose and Crown walk-up around 6:00 to 6:30, or so. That's it. Just hang out and look like nice people. No guarantees, but it is possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter