Vinylmation? What about pin Trading?

pindecisive

DIS Veteran
I've been a big fan of Pin Trading ever since they started putting them on cereal boxes as a send in and receive. I find the pins easy to carry around, easy to wear and just generally pleasant to look at.

Recently I came upon the new "trading game" that's sweeping the parks and I won't be ashamed to say I hope the Vinylmation fad dies out.

I think I'll always be a Pin Trading girl, and hope they don't go the way of charm bracelets, when Italian charms became all the rad.

I love both pins and vinylmation...why can't there be both?

I do agree pins are easier to carry around (and store since they are smaller, LOL) but I like to collect both because they remind me of my favorite Disney characters, attractions, etc.

I really like both as well I think vinylmations are gonna be around for a while. I have never traded vinylmations before tho like I have pins. I usually buy the vinylmations on ebay to get the ones i want therefore do not trade them though i have bought a few blind boxes at the disney store. Cant wait to go back to disney to get more as when I went last I wasnt sure if I wanted to get into them but the last few days bought one and have become addicted now just like pins.

I like collecting both items. I do like the lower edition sizes. Now I even started collecting the new Disney Funko items. Series 1 just came out and I remember the beginning of the Disney Pins and the Disney Vinylmations. Looking forward to the Haunted Mansion Vinylmation release.

HMD

I've been a big fan of Pin Trading ever since they started putting them on cereal boxes as a send in and receive. I find the pins easy to carry around, easy to wear and just generally pleasant to look at.

Recently I came upon the new "trading game" that's sweeping the parks and I won't be ashamed to say I hope the Vinylmation fad dies out.

I think I'll always be a Pin Trading girl, and hope they don't go the way of charm bracelets, when Italian charms became all the rad.

What's this new "trading game" that you speak of? Why do you hope vinylmation dies out? Lots of people enjoy them.

I know personally I stopped collecting/trading pins and moved to Vinyls on my last Disney World trip, I must say Vinyls are not going away anytime soon and its much more pleasant to collect/buy/trade Vinyls over dealing with the old fat woman and their scrapers that sit out in the pin trading areas trying to screw over little kids and adults who do not know any better.

To me the incoming fad that is trading Vinylmation is Disney moving away from a classic and well made item ie, pins and bringing in an item that is cheaper to make and of far lesser quality.

It's not that I'm pro pintrading only, it's that in my opinion what they're trying to replace it with are not the detail oriented items I'm used to seeing from Disney.

I really do not think Disney is trying to replace pin trading, I think they are just adding another collectible item to the pot.

To date they still have not come out with a carrying case for the vinylmations to be brought back and forth to the trading events. People have come up with some pretty great ideas. But I for one thought by now there would be a case of some type.

It would be a super good idea to make a Pin/Vinylmation Carrying Case - this would be a great idea and they could make it a limited edition case to see if guests like it. This way they can try out an idea and then not loose to much money if it does not take. But, I know I would purchase one.

HMD

There's no way Vinylmation will replace pin trading, it just opens up another venue for people who don't like to pin trade. I like both, I have very few VM but the ones I have I really like...on our trip last week I discovered the keychain VMs, bought too many of those and still didn't get the one I wanted. :( I didn't see anyone trading them tho so I guess I'm outta luck there. lol

We discovered last week they are trading the Key Chain vinylmation at the Trading Post in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom and at the D Street (I think is the right name) store in Downtown Disney. I like trading vinylmation and pins but I don't think vinylmation will ever take the place of pin trading. One thing I don't like about the vinylmation is how fast they are bringing out new ones now, it was fun at first when we could actually try to collect all of them.

There's no way Vinylmation will replace pin trading, it just opens up another venue for people who don't like to pin trade. I like both, I have very few VM but the ones I have I really like...on our trip last week I discovered the keychain VMs, bought too many of those and still didn't get the one I wanted. :( I didn't see anyone trading them tho so I guess I'm outta luck there. lol

I agree! I don't like pin trading, but I'm obsessed with the vinyls!

We discovered last week they are trading the Key Chain vinylmation at the Trading Post in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom and at the D Street (I think is the right name) store in Downtown Disney. I like trading vinylmation and pins but I don't think vinylmation will ever take the place of pin trading. One thing I don't like about the vinylmation is how fast they are bringing out new ones now, it was fun at first when we could actually try to collect all of them.

I do tend to agree with this. I started collecting the park series vinyls from the very beginning. They released them with plenty of time in between the series to get them all. Now, park 5 and 6 were released so close together I couldn't even finish getting park 5!

Well this gives me hope, we don't go to WDW, we go to DL but if they are starting to trade them at WDW perhaps they will at DL soon. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter