Vinylmation Trading Locations

cinderella_mom

Disneyland is my 2nd home...
I know they change, but does anyone have a current list of the trading locations at DL or WDW?

Disneyland....
-Main Street Emporium (I think that is the name...first shop on left as you walk down MS. You have to look for them, they are usually behind the register. just the clear box and a mystery "hat" the other day)

-Frontierland..the main pin shop where the trading happens. next to the shooting gallery. Usually the black box and the clear box.

-New Orleans Square...Pieces of Eight. Hit or miss on the clear box being out here.

-Tomorrowland. The shop that is on the space mountain side. usually at the entrance if they have the clear box, or the black box is back where you maker your own light sabres.

-I feel like I am missing one....

DCA....maybe only greetings from California, but they are usually at 2 different cash register areas there.

Back in April I also saw the clear boxes (three in a box) at pin central and the Animator's store in DCA. There were mystery boxes at Tower of Terror and the Animator's store as well.

Over at Disneyland there were clear boxes in a lot of the stores (as indicated by the PP), but I remember seeing one in Adventureland across from the Jungle Cruise.

From : http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/vinylmation/faq.html#tradinglocations

Where can I trade Vinylmation™ Figures with Cast Members?
Below is list of locations where Guests can trade Vinylmation™ Figures with Cast Members. The best places to always find Vinylmation™ Trading are at the D-Street locations in California and Florida. Please note that availability of trading is subject to change without notice. Typically, any location that sells Vinylmation™ Items will also have trading. There may be additional locations added to this list as the excitement of Vinylmation™ Trading continues.

Disneyland® Resort

Downtown Disney® District and Resorts
D-Street
World of Disney® Store
Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel - Mickey's In Paradise

Disneyland® Park
Emporium
Disneyana
The Star Trader
Le Bat En Rouge
Disney Showcase
Disney Clothiers
Gag Factory
Westward Ho Trading Co.
Adventureland® Bazaar

Disney's California Adventure® Park
Greetings from California
Engin Ears Toys
Off the Page
P.T. Flea Market
Sideshow Shirts
Tower Hotel Gifts
Walt Disney World® Resort

Downtown Disney® Area, Resorts and Other
D-Street
World of Disney® Store
Disney's Pin Traders
Art of Disney
Once Upon A Toy
DisneyQuest

ALL Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels
Disney Cruise Line® - Disney Wonder and Disney Magic
ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex
Disney Earport and Magic of Disney at Orlando International Airport

Magic Kingdom® Park
Emporium
Frontierland Trading Post
Uptown Jewelers
Space Mountain Arcade
Merchants of Venus

Epcot®
Art of Disney
MouseGear
Pin Central
Club Cool
ImageWorks
Disney Traders (at World Showcase Entrance)
Guest Relations

Disney's Hollywood Studios™
Mickey's of Hollywood
Tower Hotel Gifts
Beverly Sunset Sweet Spells
Animation Gallery
Sorcerer's Hat Shop
Stage 1 Company Store

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Island Mercantile
The Outpost Shop
Disney Outfitters
Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures
Dino Institute Shop
Serka Zong Bazaar

Thanks for the information about trading locations! We head down to Disney World in a few weeks, and have been collecting Vinylmations to trade. Now...we just have to figure out how to carry these things around without having to carry a bag...(Into the parks) :goodvibes

princess: Crystal

These seem pretty popular. It's a tackle box you can get at Wal Mart. They have a few different sizes - bring a VM with you for size ;-)

DSCN3060.JPG

Great idea! :thumbsup2 Now I just need to count up how many we want to carry around with us each day. I purchased many Vinylmations off of the Disney Store website...you know that ones that have been on-sale. So my kids have a pretty good stash of ones they want to trade. They also have been eyeing some of the ones that they would like to look for...we'll see! :goodvibes

I know they were starting to sell VM at mall disney stores but do you know if they have trading there as well?

Stores do not do trading (from what I have seen) I have to imagine that it would be a logostical nightmare to manage them at the stores. Even the new Times Square store sells VM but does no VM or Pin trading.

My local Disney Store has just started selling them recently, but no way to do any trading. I've thought about starting a thread to see if any locals want to meet for some trading.

Hi Everyone!

We just got back from WDW and I would like to thank PhantomVirus for the great list of trading locations! :thumbsup2 My kids had a blast and they ended up getting some really good trades! Like two of them were the chasers (clear and small world)...one was the supermouse...and another was the great movie ride.

The interesting part was that each location had different rules. One place allowed you to choose three different doors to open...and then if you were not happy...then you could choose from the clear box...and if you didn't want one of those...you just kept your vinylmation. Another place...the castmember immediately took your trade...then you tried for a box number...and then you could trade for one in the clear box if you were not happy...but you were definitely going to trade yours. Other places...were real nice to the kids and attempted to help them out with numbers. One place even turned the entire box around without the back on! :scared1: It was a lot of fun!

One tip that we were very happy with...was that we purchased Vinylmations ahead of time off of the Disneystore.com site. We got the ones that were for $5.99 and $7.99 to trade. Why pay full price $9.95+ when you can get a deal??? :confused3 Anyhow...we are going to stock up again...we are cruising in April...and I know that the kids are going to want to trade!

The interesting part was that each location had different rules. One place allowed you to choose three different doors to open...and then if you were not happy...then you could choose from the clear box...and if you didn't want one of those...you just kept your vinylmation. Another place...the castmember immediately took your trade...then you tried for a box number...and then you could trade for one in the clear box if you were not happy...but you were definitely going to trade yours. Other places...were real nice to the kids and attempted to help them out with numbers. One place even turned the entire box around without the back on! :scared1: It was a lot of fun!

I was also a little surprised about the different 'rules' at various trading locations. For me, it wasn't even consistent within the same place (at All Stars the store let me pick one number and keep mine, while at the Vinylmation activity in the lobby, you had to trade).

I always asked first because I wanted to know what rules were being used. I think that the official rules require the cast member to trade your Vinylmation before showing you the one from the mystery box. Then you can trade that one for one in the clear box if you want. And you're only supposed to be allowed to trade from each box once per day. The most common modifications I found were being allowed to refuse the mystery box trade and getting to pick two different numbers.

I found that DTD and MK were the most liberal in their policies, while AK and the All Stars were the least flexible.

I was kinda hoping the new Times Square store would have Vinylmation trading days/nights, but so far no go.

There are a bunch of is in the NYC metro area that had a couple of trading days in NYC for vinylmations (and pins).

The group is on Facebook called 'Mouse Traders NYC' :goodvibes

when I was in WDW in December, I didn't have any problems trading or refusing the trade. Surprisingly, the only stickler was the Disney store at the airport!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter