Vinylmation help

gavsmom

Mouseketeer
We have never done this, but I'm thinking my kids would love it! Here's my question-I've read that you can trade them at different places, do they need to be in their original packaging? I'm thinking about buying each of them one before we go and let them trade it, I just don't know what the trading etiduette is. thanks so much for any other advice you might have!

No, they do not need to be in the packaging. DH bought a bunch of blind boxes online and kept a few in his pocket that he wanted to trade so that he'd have them on hand if he spotted one in the stores that he wanted to trade for.

Also, places like D Street at DTD will ask you when you buy a blind box if you want to open them right there at the register and trade for any in the clear boxes on the counter.

Another fun thing your kids might like is the blind trade. They are a lot of fun! I remember them doing it for certain at World of Disney, Art of Disney, the Animation store at DHS, and the store in Tomorrowland. They bring out a big case with 24 numbers on it with a Vinyl behind each. You pick a number at random and can trade for that pick or keep the one you have. Depending on the CM, some will let you pick a second number if you don't like your first pick, or they will give you hints about which number to pick depending on which Vinyls you tell them you are interested in collecting. But a lot of the stores have the clear trade boxes on the counter with 3 Vinyls in it that you can trade for anytime. The blind-trade is only at certain times, I believe.

Have fun trading! My DH is now obsessed. :rotfl:

As PP stated, you will find that different CMs and different locations handle blind trades differently:

- Some are very strict and once you agree to try the blind trade, you MUST trade.
- Others will let you decide to trade AFTER you see what you picked.
- Still others will let you try again if you're not happy with your blind choice.
- Lastly, the cool ones will try to "help" you find one you're interested in by giving hints.

I've seen all four. It doesn't hurt to have a cute kid with big eyes with you either. ;)

ETA: The only place I've found at DTD that does blind trades at only certain times of day is the World of Disney. Every other place I've gone has always had the blind box available.

this is great info! I just ordered 6 of these off of the clearance section on the disneystore.com (3 for each boy). How do you konw which stores participate in blind trades? Is there a sign out front or a list somewhere maybe?

You just have to ask. I know of 5 or 6 locations at DTD that do this. Before you ask ;), they are World of Disney (certain hours only), Art of Disney, D-Street, Disney Quest, Once Upon a Toy, and the pin-trading station just outside of OUaT (don't know the exact name). I don't know of any others there.

At the very least I would expect each park's main store (MouseGears at Epcot, Emporium at MK, etc.) would do it, as well as the Art of Disney stores in whatever parks they're in.

this is great info! I just ordered 6 of these off of the clearance section on the disneystore.com (3 for each boy). How do you konw which stores participate in blind trades? Is there a sign out front or a list somewhere maybe?

I don't see this anywhere?

Here's a list from their website. Note that not every location will have the blind box.

Walt Disney World® Resort

Downtown Disney® Area, Resorts and Other
D-Street
World of Disney® Store
Disney's Pin Traders
Art of Disney
Once Upon A Toy
DisneyQuest

ALL Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels
Disney Cruise Line® - Disney Wonder and Disney Magic
ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex
Disney Earport and Magic of Disney at Orlando International Airport

Magic Kingdom® Park
Emporium
Frontierland Trading Post
Uptown Jewelers
Space Mountain Arcade
Merchants of Venus

Epcot®
Art of Disney
MouseGear
Pin Central
Club Cool
ImageWorks
Disney Traders (at World Showcase Entrance)
Guest Relations

Disney's Hollywood Studios™
Mickey's of Hollywood
Tower Hotel Gifts
Beverly Sunset Sweet Spells
Animation Gallery
Sorcerer's Hat Shop
Stage 1 Company Store

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Island Mercantile
The Outpost Shop
Disney Outfitters
Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures
Dino Institute Shop
Serka Zong Bazaar

The only thing I'd say with that list, as I used it for when I went down in Feb, is Pin Central in Epcot and the sorcerer's had in DHS, didn't have boxes out then. It might be something that changes but we went by those locations a few times. Never saw them out. Otherwise I'd say it's pretty accurate list to where you can find boxes in WDW and for those bigger stores lime Emporium and so on, you'd have to find which cash register will have them, because it won't be all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter