• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vinylmation Blanks

JDub11

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any tips for customizing the blank Vinylmation figures now that they've come out with color ones??

subscribing.

I have resisted buying these but I got some for the kids on the last day of our trip. I love them!!

DS8 bought a blank one to make a panda. He wanted the panda so bad but was scared to buy one and it not be the panda. I was thinking of using acrylic paints.
You could use rub ons maybe, or mini stickers.

I found a whole "Create Your Own" section over at VinylNation.net in the forums section that has some good tips.

I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts but it's easy to find...

I think using acrylic paints would be the way to go. The paints are inexpensive and can be found at any craft store - use the water base acrylic paint like Craft, Apple Barrel, DecoArt?. You'll want to seal it to protect it, a nice and inexpensive sealant can be water base glue such as Mod Podge - never know if I'm spelling that right!

I found some Apple Barrel paint in my craft stuff last night. I just need to get steel wool from DH. I'm going to attempt to paint DS's panda this weekend.
I'll let you know how it goes.

I just need to get steel wool from DH. I'm going to attempt to paint DS's panda this weekend.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi, I'm just wondering what the steel wool is for? Does it currently have some paint and the wool will be used to remove it? Personally I've never tried that, but I'm thinking the steel wool may finely scratch the surface which might be more visible when you repaint.

But I've never tried it so maybe not! I once accidentally washed a whole bag of individual steel wool - it fell from above into the wash and I didn't notice!

I love these too,my ds bought a couple on our last trip- we decided if he got ones he didn't like, he would go home and paint them to his liking anyway:cool1: turns out he got ones he liked a lot! Now that I'm home,I'm wanting more.......I am so addicted!

Hi, I'm just wondering what the steel wool is for? Does it currently have some paint and the wool will be used to remove it? Personally I've never tried that, but I'm thinking the steel wool may finely scratch the surface which might be more visible when you repaint.

But I've never tried it so maybe not! I once accidentally washed a whole bag of individual steel wool - it fell from above into the wash and I didn't notice!

the steel wool will rough up the vinyl to adhere the first coat. Then on subsequent layers it will smooth the previous paint layer to get a smoother finish. you just have to use a gentle hand, but steel wool is much finer then sand paper.

Still haven't gotten to DS8's panda, haven't had the time. I hope to get to it in the next few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter