Villians Sinister Soirée

I got more than an impression--he pretty much said it. Both in his written review and on the podcast. He heaped praise on the characters themselves, but otherwise thought the entire event was rushed and would benefit by being 30 minutes longer.

I was attempting to be diplomatic hehe

Sadly I won't be there until 9/28 so I'm also waiting on more reports also but I will come back and share my thoughts andimpressions after we go..

ok, have a great trip!

LOL seemed he was more mad at his food plate being take away so quick.. LOL

it was funny

Cheerleader factor? I tend to feel the bias on boards like this is toward emphasizing the negative. I've read several PPs who said they didn't feel rushed. And we are never longer than 1hr at any character meal -- like you -- we don't want to be. We have other things to do party night! Personal preferences... :)

I was surprised to see so many downright venomous comments when the soiree was announced by those who seemed to drink the kool aid in the past.

The mouse owns me;). I typically cut disney a very wide swath when it comes to changing things up in name of progress even when their actions could be construed by many as a money grab. However, I'm not above calling it as I see it and hope repeat party attendees will give a measured view

Hoping to be somewhat surprised by the specific details, so I'm trying to avoid reading spoilers:3dglasses, but still trying to get the gist of the timing and as to the 'value' for our needs.

I was attempting to be diplomatic hehe ok, have a great trip! it was funny I was surprised to see so many downright venomous comments when the soiree was announced by those who seemed to drink the kool aid in the past. The mouse owns me;). I typically cut disney a very wide swath when it comes to changing things up in name of progress even when their actions could be construed by many as a money grab. However, I'm not above calling it as I see it and hope repeat party attendees will give a measured view Hoping to be somewhat surprised by the specific details, so I'm trying to avoid reading spoilers:3dglasses, but still trying to get the gist of the timing and as to the 'value' for our needs.

You too also have a great time and report back if you go before me... :-)

Has it been mentioned yet if the kids are given a different dessert? I did not know if they would offer them something more kid- friendly.

Has it been mentioned yet if the kids are given a different dessert? I did not know if they would offer them something more kid- friendly.

No, children are not offered a different selection. I don't believe children are the target audience, hence the party hours and the price.

They can eat the candy and the adults can eat their desserts. Win/win.

I like the way you think! :)

Alas at the ripe old ages of DS9 and DD8, our kids are avid Food Network fans and will try anything... and then critique it... in detail... LOL!!

I like the way you think! :)

Alas at the ripe old ages of DS9 and DD8, our kids are avid Food Network fans and will try anything... and then critique it... in detail... LOL!!

Well good then, I was counting on your review but now am looking forward to your kids point of view. See if they agree with your take on things. :surfweb:

For anyone wondering about cancelling the Soiree... I just cancelled mine for October 9 and it was quick and easy. The CM confirmed it was fully refundable and that it may take one billing cycle for my refund to appear. Hope this helps anyone wondering.

I think you are wrong about the kids items! There was a post from someone that was there
with their children and they said they were not served the apple with alchohol. They were given a substitute (I dont remember what they said it was) and they do ask how many adults and how many children. If children werent suppose to be there it would list an age requirement just like Disneys other tours and special events that have an age cut off.

mguilford1 said:
I think you are wrong about the kids items! There was a post from someone that was there
with their children and they said they were not served the apple with alchohol. They were given a substitute (I dont remember what they said it was) and they do ask how many adults and how many children. If children werent suppose to be there it would list an age requirement just like Disneys other tours and special events that have an age cut off.

Events don't *have* to cater to children, even if children are allowed to attend. This event is clearly not being marketed/targeted to young children, but that doesn't mean Disney has to explicitly exclude them either.

Well good then, I was counting on your review but now am looking forward to your kids point of view. See if they agree with your take on things. :surfweb:

I'll give you the full report for sure!!

You should hear them "I like the balance between sweet and sour"... "I like how they added texture by incorporating..." "there's a nice crunch to it but it's missing a creamy element"...

Let's just say that wait staff is often entertained when we're eating out! LOL!!

I think you are wrong about the kids items! There was a post from someone that was there with their children and they said they were not served the apple with alchohol. They were given a substitute (I dont remember what they said it was) and they do ask how many adults and how many children. If children werent suppose to be there it would list an age requirement just like Disneys other tours and special events that have an age cut off.

I have read many reports, and none of them mentioned different desserts for children.

No one ever said children weren't supposed to be there, but it's obvious that children aren't their target demographic with this event, much like most of the F&W events.

This may be a silly question, but can the kids eat the white wine poached apple dessert?

When the apple is poached the alcohol burns off. It's no different than eating a steak with a red wine glaze. You aren't eating alcohol, it's not like they just pour it over the apple before they put it on the table.

When the apple is poached the alcohol burns off. It's no different than eating a steak with a red wine glaze. You aren't eating alcohol, it's not like they just pour it over the apple before they put it on the table.

Could they just pour it in a glass for me if they're not pouring it over the apple? Lol:)

I was surprised to see so many downright venomous comments when the soiree was announced by those who seemed to drink the kool aid in the past.

I think some of that comes from perceived ROI. The reviews I've read that have been negative have all said something along the lines of "for $100/ea I would have expected..." and I think that may be part of the issue. In which case, Disney will eventually gather the data that will show that there's a tipping point, and it's $X dollars. It will be interesting to see what changes next year based on this year's experience.

I think some of that comes from perceived ROI. The reviews I've read that have been negative have all said something along the lines of "for $100/ea I would have expected..." and I think that may be part of the issue. In which case, Disney will eventually gather the data that will show that there's a tipping point, and it's $X dollars. It will be interesting to see what changes next year based on this year's experience.

interesting observation but I'm not sure the concept of tipping point as to prices is in Disney's vocabulary.;) Had to laugh when I saw the $90 something vs breaking the $100 price point, standard marketing technique.

It sounds as though they are re-purposing most of the existing characters (already on duty) & likely reassigning employees to man the event. Costs for the desserts & cup are low pp. They don't likely need to have sell-outs to make a tidy profit.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what's the general consensus on this event? Do we think people are people likely going to cancel due to negative reviews? We are looking for Oct 31 tickets to the later seating time :)

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter