Villas

NornIron

Earning My Ears
Hi guys

I just got back on Tuesday, and am making plans to go again next summer. I would like to hear if anyone has had experience in staying in a villa, and any recommendations you would have in locating a suitable villa for me and my family, i would need a 4 bedroom villa for the family.

Thnaks in advance.

We have stayed in a villa the past few years and prefer it over hotel accomodation.
You get priivacy, extra room , a private pool, full kitchen, plus the opportunity to relax more - there is nothing wrong in relaxing by the pool for the afternoon.

The best areas I think are in Kissimmee just off the 192, there are 2 main areas Formosa Gardens and Ponderosa Boulevard.

I would recommend 1 development at either, IndIan Creek at FG and Cumbrian Lakes at PB.
Both are fairly new and have a good selection of 4 bedroomed homes - IC in particular is very nice, close to restaurants, supermarkets and easy access to the I4 and Disney also.

Try and get one that is south facing as they get the sun all day, a fully fenced pool is better also.

There is only one disadvantage in staying in a villa - you have to drive everywhere, nowhere within walking distance, however, the plus's outway the minus's every time for us.

Shop around until you find a home you really like.

Try.
www.villas200.com
www.v3360homes.co.uk
www.holiday-rentals.com

Jlohnny supplied with with his list of Villa sites for our trip this August and we got a fabulous villa through v3660homes - http://www.eaglevillas.co.uk/main/main.htm

We had always stayed in hotels on our previous Florida trips, but this year we were using a friend's beautiful apartment down in Fort Myers for a couple of weeks, so decided we'd do the same for our week in Orlando.

I made a "wish list" out of the things we needed. Mjust admit, I'd never really considered a villa in the past since there's only three of us, but we're now hooked. We really loved our stay in this villa, it was fabulous. Didn't need a games room (there are plenty of villas that have one . . . and more!) so this was MORE than we really needed, but the owners (British) were so helpful.

Hope I've not broken any rules by putting the link up :blush:

The only thing we missed on our Orlando stay was staying onsite at Universal. Didn't miss Disney resorts at all, but we did miss the HRH, so next time we'll stay in the villa, but with two nights at HRH :banana:

Windward Cay is a fabulous neighbourhood, tucked away off the 192, quiet, less than 15 minutes drive to WDW (even with a bit of traffic!), we stayed there in September and loved it.

We rented a house with the people recommended in Simon's book, Alexander Homes, they were brilliant and are only a 10 minute drive themselves from Windward Cay. The large Wal-Mart is a 5 minute drive, everything is close by.

Our villa only had 3 bedrooms but they have a few in that community that were 4 beds, I think their website is www.floridasunshine.com I highly recommend them!

Eloise

We stayed at Southern Dunes on US27 in August which was great although a bit far away from everything.
Great to have your own pool at the end of a hot day, and with a kid who is a fussy eater it was handy to be able to cook for him.

we've booked through www.floridasunshine.com can't tell you what the villa is like yet because we haven't been but the customer service so far has been excellent and they have villas in all locations. They also arrange airport pick up and groceries etc so may be worth you having a look.

In my enthusiasm on Saturday to find out what was available by way of holiday villas I signed up to a website advertising villas. Nothing unusual about that, but what I didn’t expect was the amount of villas for hire in my mail box on Sunday morning, there must have been 100 responses. This totally overwhelmed me as I don’t know the areas where they are located, your responses have helped me narrow the search down, and thank you for taking the time to help me

there is a good villa map I can send you the link for as I am not sure I can post it on here so let meknow by pm if you want it and if I can help you with the locations as I know the area quite well just ask

NornIron said:
In my enthusiasm on Saturday to find out what was available by way of holiday villas I signed up to a website advertising villas. Nothing unusual about that, but what I didn’t expect was the amount of villas for hire in my mail box on Sunday morning, there must have been 100 responses. This totally overwhelmed me as I don’t know the areas where they are located, your responses have helped me narrow the search down, and thank you for taking the time to help me

Have had similar experiences before. It is best to shop around and take your time as the choice is vast.
Certainly the areas I suggested on my earlier post are ideally located for everything, good luck anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter