Villas

OWJAY

Mouseketeer
Hi

We are going back to the World in Feb 08 and was wondering if anybody could reccommend any good villas or websites for us to have a look at :coffee: We have looked at loads and are getting a bit mind boggled :confused3 and would like some reccommendations PLEASE.

I know how you feel, I have been looking for a Condo for next Easter. I have given it a rest for a while, just did my head in.
Always booked hotel rooms, but we need 2 rooms for Easter. All quotes I am getting are for about £60/night. I can book 2 rooms in a hotel for £50 :confused3
Good luck

Hi - we have just managed to book for next Easter - its a mind field, isn't it? Like finding a needle in a haystack! We narrowed down our criteria in the end which I think is a good way to decide. We didn't want to be too far from WWD and fancied a new property. I went onto www.vrbo.com and just browsed. Eventually I came across West Haven which boasts Disney Fireworks views (I believe the site is elevated) and we found a property which ticked our boxes (south facing pool, appropriate number of beds/baths/cot etc) We also booked based on a couple of long chats with the owner and a very good deal. (£800 for 2 1/2 weeks). Its can also helpful to book via someone you know. But that website is very good - you just need to have an idea of where you want to be.

the villa we have rented on our last to trips were from a private owner if you PM me i'll pass on the details to you.
We have not have any problems with them

Hi Owjay,

My favourite subject!

First of all do not worry, the best advice when booking a villa is take your time and search until you find the right one.

Personal preferences play a big part, however for me a Kissimmee location just off the 192 cannot be beat, you are close to supermarkets/restaurants and have easy access to Disney and the I4.

Two main areas, with Formosa Gardens and Poinciana Boulevard, both these have several nice developments that are well located.

I particularly like Indian Creek, Windsor Palms and Emerald Island - all at FG.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

It is always best I feel to get a south facing pool, this way you get the sun all day - it also advisable to get a fully fenced pool for total privacy.

Some of the best websites are:
www.villas2000.com
www.vr360homes.co.uk
www.holiday-rentals.com

As an example this is the one we are staying at next March, the owner's are very nice and we have stayed there before.

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/Fl...ee-Area/holiday-villa-Indian-Creek/p10860.htm

Thanks JohnnySharp2 I will have a look at those websites.

Thanks Goofysmate I would appreciate that.

Whenever we go to Florida we always rent a villa and have used the same website each time. The villas that are on that site are verified by the site owners to confirm that the villa owners are who they say they are so you can feel confident that all is well and we have only had good trips so far.
Whenever we go we draw up a short list of what we want from our villa and it goes something like this.
1. South fencing pool and jacuzzi with either lake or conservation view. (we personally dont like the ones that are fenced as it seems too claustraphobic)
2. Large deck area and lanai so there is shade for the ones that want shade
3. PC or wireless connection for a laptop
4. Free local international phone calls
5. Games room
We then put an enquiry out for all the villas that have the amount of rooms we want and the ones that can meet our check list and have the dates we want get back to us. Saves on a whole lot of searching and we get what we want.

I cannot post links yet so if you want the site then drop me a PM I will forward you the details.

Pegasus

Hi Owjay,

It is a mine field when you are looking for accommodation - there is just so much to choose from. The websites already mentioned are good - another one to try is www.homeaway.com where you can reduce the number of properties by your requirements (unlike vrbo where it is just a big big list :) )

Good luck finding something :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter