Villas Question...

I'm actually really surprised to see so many DISers having to wait till 5:00 for their Villa to be ready! This is one of my worries. We're going to hit Disneyland when it opens and then take a mid-day break; but if our Villa isn't ready, I'm not sure what we're going to do. To those who have been in this situation, what did you to occupy your time?

Do you think room requests could be the reason for the rooms being ready later on in the day?

If it's warm, we go to the pool. The bell staff couldn't have been more accomodating and allowed one person to go back and fetch what we needed from the suitcases and thoughtfully gave us a plastic bag for our clothes. Even if you don't want to swim, the chairs are super comfy.

If it's too cool to swim (and I'm a wuss about the temperature) we usually hang out at the Hearthstone Lounge, the bar right off the lobby. They have a nice fireplace, great drinks, and bar snacks are salty and spicy. There's plenty of room for the kids to spread out.

I think the time you get into the villa is strictly luck of the draw. The rooms seem to be assigned way in advance, whether you make a request or not. I know that I've asked if a higher floor was available, and the person at registration pretty much told me there was no changing rooms for the villas. (It turned out to be a great view. Even though it was only on the 2nd floor, you could still see the fun wheel and you couldn't see any of the construction.)

If it's warm, we go to the pool. The bell staff couldn't have been more accomodating and allowed one person to go back and fetch what we needed from the suitcases and thoughtfully gave us a plastic bag for our clothes. Even if you don't want to swim, the chairs are super comfy.

If it's too cool to swim (and I'm a wuss about the temperature) we usually hang out at the Hearthstone Lounge, the bar right off the lobby. They have a nice fireplace, great drinks, and bar snacks are salty and spicy. There's plenty of room for the kids to spread out.

I think the time you get into the villa is strictly luck of the draw. The rooms seem to be assigned way in advance, whether you make a request or not. I know that I've asked if a higher floor was available, and the person at registration pretty much told me there was no changing rooms for the villas. (It turned out to be a great view. Even though it was only on the 2nd floor, you could still see the fun wheel and you couldn't see any of the construction.)

Thanks the donut, I appreciate your feedback!:goodvibes

So, if I requested a Park view and a high floor when I made the reservation, my chances are good to get that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter