Villas at Summer Bay Resort

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I have read some good and bad reviews of Summer Bay and I see that there are two sections, the older and the newer. We have a condo at the older section I am assuming as it is the Villas.

We normally do stay in older resorts through SkyAuction though so if it is is not the nicest and newest that really doesn't bother us all that much.

What we DO care about is SLEEP! Most of the time things are fine, but we stayed in one place where the people above us sounded like they were starting WW3 with all the crashing and banging and yelling. Actually, to be fair to them, I dont' think they were trying to be loud, the place just echoed every sound! It was HORRIBLE! That was at the Westgate Vacation Villas just in case anyone wants to know.

Ok, so back to my question: Where is a building maybe farther away from the pool and everything where we can request a top floor that will be QUIET????

Anyone know?

Thank you!,

Dawn

I can't directly answer your question but I've stayed in the Villas at Summer Bay Resort. They were very nicely decorated, super clean but very tiny. Literally, the master bed blocked the closet door. It was fine for two adults with three small children.

That being said, there was NO pool near the villas. We had quite a hike to get to a pool. There was the kid slide and splash park behind our unit. It was very quiet because it isn't heated and the water was freezing that April. If I remember right, the splash park would be good for children under 12. So, depending on the time of year you go, any unit may be quiet.

We were in the 1st floor, handicap unit and it was very quiet.

Thank you.

Very small, eh? That won't be great, but we will manage....still better than a hotel room.

Did you have a 2 bedroom? We are getting a 2 bedroom.

Dawn

Yes, we had the two bedroom. The master may have been smaller because we had the handicap unit with a roll in shower. Seriously, the bathroom was bigger than the master bedroom. It was very nicely decorated and it seemed almost as if they didn't give out the handicap unit often. It was a first floor, corner unit.

Back when we went, there were a lot of complaints on Travel Advisor about roaches so I was on the look out. Of course, the second night I get up to go to the bathroom and the biggest bug I ever saw was in the shower! He quickly went down the drain. I slept with the light on that night. I immediately called housekeeping and our unit was sprayed the same day. I was very impressed with how fast they took care of the problem and we didn't seem another bug the remainder of the stay and I did try to sneak up, throw on the light quickly and catch another one but I never did. Thankfully.

I have pictures of the unit if I can find them.

Did I mention the grounds are lovely there? The pool we used was zero depth and perfect for our toddler. We also used the main pool but it was very crowded. I couldn't bring myself to allow my kids to swim in the lake after I saw the alligator sign with a warning that swimming there was at your own risk.

The only bad thing I can remember was the lack of a restaurant on property. They had a convenience store located by the main pool and they warmed packaged food for you in the microwave. That wasn't impressive but everything else was top notch!

Thank you for your review.

I am wondering if the room to bathroom ratio was due to being a handicapped unit. That would make sense.

Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter