• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

villas and weather in June

major

Mouseketeer
HI,
We are planning to visit Florida next year :cool1: and have decided going in the beginning of June - just wondered what the weather was like then? In particular the amount of rain. We've been in July before and it rained quite a bit... :sad2:

Also we have been looking at the villas at Calabay parc. Has anyone stayed here and if so what are they like? We have always stayed on I-drive or in the resorts however, as there is nine of us going a villa seems a better idea - and they all look gorgeous.

Any info would be great.
Cheers
Linda

Last year, in the first week of June they had as much rain as they normally get in the whole month (a lot!). What's more it was cloudy virtually the whole time too. One of the worst weather weeks in my 40-50 visits - even worse than during hurricane Frances when the weather was poor for 3 days at most. Warm though ;)

I have been before at that time when it was lots of very heavy showers that cleared up to make way for sunshine. :sunny:

Weather = very unpredictable

It is a long time since we have been in June but the weather will be very hot and you are likely to see afternoon thunderstorms.

For the past few years we have rented a villa too, I have driven around many of the developments (mainly because our first rental was a disaster) so I know most of them.

Calabay Parc is very nice, one of the best - however, personally I do not like the location (on the US27) , it's a bit too far away from the attractions in my opinion and I have never been particularly keen on the area in general.

Having said that many people would possibly not choose where we stay so....I much prefer being just off the 192 in Kissimmee, where supermarkets/restaurants/Disney and the I4 are all close by.

Indian Creek is generally where we stay.

If you try and get a south facing pool this means you will get the sun all day.

I personally like the 27 & Calabay Parc. Its very close to supermarkets & all your essentials. Its also 2 minutes from I4 at Champions Gate which means its pretty easy to get Universal, Sea World & Busch. In the opposite direction, up H27 you can get to Disney via the 192 & Sherbeth in about 15-20 minutes.
However the biggest advantage for me is that is quieter down there than some of the closer developments & you often find yourself mixed in with residents not just holiday makers.
From me its a big thumbs up because the benefits outweigh the extra 5 minutes in the car, after all, you have to drive everywhere in the states.

We found much less rain at end of May beg of June than we had in August

Sorry don't know anything about the location of your villa. But we just love staying in a villa. The extra space & your own pool make a special holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter