• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Villains Unleashed Roll Call: Who's In?

I know there's another thread with discussion from when the event was announced, but like the Star Wars Weekend, I thought it'd be good to have an attending thread and a place to talk costumes and meet ups! I'll try and keep a list up-to-date on the front page! :)

So, who are you, who are you attending with, and are you coming in costume (and who as)?

Attending

BudgieMama / solo / Rapunzel
KELLY / + DH Stephen, DDs Riley and Reese
wolf29 / + 2 DS
Madame / + DH
mistysue / + DH / Costumes TBD
MYD714 / + DParents and DNeice
Kevin1986 / + Friend / TBD & Tinkerbell
Portugal1000 / + DH and DS
Paging Tom Morrow / + DW and DD / Tremaine Shirts
rhiansmom / + DD and her BFF / Costumes TBD
ratlenhum / + DH and DS
suffieldhockeymom / + 3 DS
shoppie / + DH, DD and MIL
bjakmom / + DGrD / Maleficent or Boba Fett
Joanna71985 / solo?
ChrisNY2 / solo
IceSkatingPrincess / solo / Princess Anna (Coronation dress)
anonymousegirl / + friend maybe / Queen of Hearts, Maleficent, or Megara
LaurenT / + DD
strmtrooper96 / + 2 DD / Megara and Cruella
michellelovesthemous / + DM and DD / Ursula?
jewels1916 / solo
Alice Royal / + DBF and DM / Sailor Elsa (if finished!)
MunchkinandSugarBear / (together!)
DH and DS of donnaf516
katt789 / + BFF / Elsa and Hans
pjpoppins / + DW, DD and DFiL
Dopey1808 / + DW, BIL, SIL, DD, DD, Niece and nephew
selina4disney / + DH / Maleficent and TBD
Kandiwilde /+ Sister and her Boyfriend

Myself (Carole), DH (Steve), DS (Spencer), and DD (Sydney) are attending! :yay:

Myself (Krista) and my DH (Brian) will be attending and we are so excited. I am not sure if we will dress up though. Maybe some sort of matching/themed shirts if nothing else. :)

Count us in, me, dh, dd and ds. First time at disneyworld. I am so so excited to get this. Always preferred the villains.

We'll be there!!! It's me, DH, DS14 and DS12. This is our first party and I can't wait. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. We've never been at WDW during Christmas or Halloween, so I've never paid much attention to the party details.

Will it be packed shoulder to shoulder? Are there tremendous lines for everything? Will we get a schedule ahead of time? How about a map as to where everything is? I have about a million questions. But I have tickets and am ready to go!!! We'll probably just do villain t-shirts--can't see everyone dressing in costumes!

I just snagged a 5:10 ADR at Mama Melrose (DS14's favorite!). Will this be doable? We plan on DTD in the morning, back to the resort to rest/swim a bit. Then I was thinking dinner followed by the party. I know we can get into the park at 5:00 but the party doesn't start until 8:00. So we won't really miss anything by have dinner first, will we?

I also have a million questions. Have never done a party before so really don't know what to expect.

This will be our only main Disney park day despite being in Florida for 23 night. This will be more relaxing holiday I think. But so looking forward to the party. I really hope my son can get on ToT, RnR and TSM. This is his favourite Disney park.

I haven't been able to get a reservation at any restaurants and wondering if nearer the time there might be some special character meals, we would love a Star Wars villains one!

So will be watching these boards closely for more info.

I also have a million questions. Have never done a party before so really don't know what to expect.

This will be our only main Disney park day despite being in Florida for 23 night. This will be more relaxing holiday I think. But so looking forward to the party. I really hope my son can get on ToT, RnR and TSM. This is his favourite Disney park.

I haven't been able to get a reservation at any restaurants and wondering if nearer the time there might be some special character meals, we would love a Star Wars villains one!

So will be watching these boards closely for more info.

Are you only going to the event on this day or do you have a regular park ticket as well? If it were me and I had a regular park ticket along with the event I would try and book FP+ for the rides your DS wants to go on prior to the event as you can't book FP+ for the event. If you only have an event ticket you may be able to book FP+ for 1 or 2 rides beginning at 5pm (as that's about the time you can get in with event ticket).

I just feel that since this is a one-time, first-time event things may be a bit crazy...and there will be so many one-time shows and M&G's that it will be hard to get it all in. Some say events can be good times to get on rides as most of the people are doing other things, which is true, but personally I would be rather be doing those other things as well then going on a ride I can go on any day...

I'm not sure how old your son is, but mine is 7 and is very excited about going to this event. When we do something like this I tell him we may not be able to do everything he wants to so he should pick a few things he REALLY wants to do the most and understand that he may have to miss some things to do what he really wants. I find preparing expectations before hand can help with big disappointments during the event.

I just hope it's not overly crowded and that my son can take a rest/nap during the day so he can make through the entire event.

Have a great time!

It will be me and DS 10 will be attending. No costumes are planned since it will be too hot but thinking about some villain t-shirts.

What's everybody's thoughts on fantasmic that night? We already booked the dining package for the following night before this event was announced. I feel like it would be a waste to see it 8/23 if there are still m&g's going on. Besides the special preshow will it be any different? Or will the event essentially be shut down at that point and the only thing we could do would be Fantasmic? In that case I would cancel the dining for Sunday. Thanks

What's everybody's thoughts on fantasmic that night? We already booked the dining package for the following night before this event was announced. I feel like it would be a waste to see it 8/23 if there are still m&g's going on. Besides the special preshow will it be any different? Or will the event essentially be shut down at that point and the only thing we could do would be Fantasmic? In that case I would cancel the dining for Sunday. Thanks

I really have no idea, but we have a package booked for the 24th, too, and have already pretty much decided to cancel. Unless I learn something really different here!

I'm sure you're aware but I wouldn't cancel until you're certain. I forget if it's 24 or 48 hrs but you can practically cancel last minute with no penalties. If you cancel now you may never get the ADR back if you chose to

I'll be there with my DH, DS(8), and DD(6). We aren't planning on telling the kids until the night of the party. We have already stretched our budget with these party tickets and deluxe dining so we won't be wearing costumes except for DD who has a few Princess dresses. Hopefully we can buy t-shirts at the party :)

I'm sure you're aware but I wouldn't cancel until you're certain. I forget if it's 24 or 48 hrs but you can practically cancel last minute with no penalties. If you cancel now you may never get the ADR back if you chose to

Yep, it's 24 hours. We haven't cancelled yet. This is our first party of any sort, so really have no idea what to expect. Hopefully get more details as we get closer and can make decisions then.

I'll be there with my DD19. We haven't decided yet if we'll be dressing up, although I plan to be the Disney Fairy Vidia for MSSSHP, and might wear that costume for Villains, as well.

I've been trying to work it out...but being on the weekend before school starts is probably a deal-breaker. If they'd just scheduled it for Friday....:furious:

I will be attending (with a Lotso themed costume), my DD22 as Emporer Zurg, my DS10 (doesn't know yet, I suggested he be Ken :woohoo:) and his BF11.

Still designing my ode to Lotso. He's my hero :lovestruc, but fur is hot. DD likes Zurg because of the cape. The 2 boys might not do Toy Story along with us. Maybe Hook and Smee would be good for them?

We're going! Me, DH, DS, and DD. Costumes are a challenge for me as I will be 7 months pregnant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter