Villains Info for MHP

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Villains are top on our priority list for MHP and I am hoping that there have been enough parties now to make a plan.

Have the girls always been out first and the male villains second?

How many minutes are their rotations?

What time has the line starting forming pre-party?

Will our wait be shorter if we get in line an hour into the party giving the pre party line enough time to cycle through?

What time is the line cut for PtN?

THANK YOU in advance to anyone who has already been to a party this year and has helpful advice, comments, or suggestions for us :)

We got in line a little before seven ( on a Friday party). We were about ten to fifteen groups back. The women were first. We immediately got back in line (ended up about at the tunnel) and when we were next to go to see the men, they cut us off to switch back to the women. It was very frustrating, especially since the men ended up hanging around for a few minutes before the switch actually happened. My daughter (8) stood there in tears because she couldn't visit with them even though they were standing there. The CM told us to try again later. Yeah, we didn't bother. You just can't judge the line. We could have spent the entire night there and never managed to meet the men. She got over it while we did other things.

We got in line a little before seven ( on a Friday party). We were about ten to fifteen groups back. The women were first. We immediately got back in line (ended up about at the tunnel) and when we were next to go to see the men, they cut us off to switch back to the women. It was very frustrating, especially since the men ended up hanging around for a few minutes before the switch actually happened. My daughter (8) stood there in tears because she couldn't visit with them even though they were standing there. The CM told us to try again later. Yeah, we didn't bother. You just can't judge the line. We could have spent the entire night there and never managed to meet the men. She got over it while we did other things.

That's so frustrating! Did you see any people letting others pass them in line until things switched over?

Can I add a question here? Did the Villans line ever die down? If yes, around when did the line for down?

That's so frustrating! Did you see any people letting others pass them in line until things switched over?
Last year when we went we took pictures with Sally & Jack Skelligton & there were people in line that kept letting people go ahead of them because they were waiting for just Jack not Sally so, this does happen. We were lucky enough to get pictures with both of them with not too long of a wait.

We never saw the line die down. We tried to go at the end of the night around 11:30. The line was around the corner and they had cut it off so they could do a farewell dance at the end. At that point, Queen of hearts and the Tremaines were roaming around without lines.

I was looking at the Disneyland App today and they had the Villains meet and greet times listed as 6:00 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm, 8:00 pm, and 9:45 pm. I was kind of surprised that there weren't more times after 9:45 pm (like maybe one at 10:15 pm), but I guess they must want to have at least an hour to get through the line and have enough time to get the villains ready for the farewell show.

Sorry to hear that! That is exactly what I was afraid of-I don't want to spend the entire party trying to get our times matched up with the correct set of Villains! Do you remember how many minutes before 7 you were? We will be attending a Thursday night party but they are all sold out so I'm not sure that matters any. We wanted to be able to do the Toontown preparty and then get in line for villains right at the start time of the party but I wasn't sure if that plan would work or if the line would be horrendous by then. This is our first visit and all I have to compare it to is MNSSHP and last year the line for Jack started HOURS before the party!! Can anyone else share there wait time at party start? If we get in line after Toontown pre party right when the actual party starts-will the wait be around 30 minutes?

I didn't see that for the villains, but I have done it for other lines. I could probably have stood there for the next half hour letting others go ahead of us, but she was so upset it was best to just move on to other things.

Sorry to hear that! That is exactly what I was afraid of-I don't want to spend the entire party trying to get our times matched up with the correct set of Villains! Do you remember how many minutes before 7 you were? We will be attending a Thursday night party but they are all sold out so I'm not sure that matters any. We wanted to be able to do the Toontown preparty and then get in line for villains right at the start time of the party but I wasn't sure if that plan would work or if the line would be horrendous by then. This is our first visit and all I have to compare it to is MNSSHP and last year the line for Jack started HOURS before the party!! Can anyone else share there wait time at party start? If we get in line after Toontown pre party right when the actual party starts-will the wait be around 30 minutes?
The first treat line started at 6:30 down through the bypass on the right hand side of Town Square. They were doing their best to get party goers to head that was so it would be easier to get non party guests out of the park. So, I'd say it took us about 5-10 minutes (15 tops) to do the trail and then loop back around down Main Street and get into the Villain line. Once the line curves around toward the tunnel, I'd say it would be a 30+ minute wait. At the tunnel, 45+ minutes.

I went on Monday and the villain line didn't form until 540 or so for 6pm start but on my way out today there were already people waiting at 520. I'm starting to think word got out and people now know when and where to line up and are doing it earlier and earlier.

I have always seen the girls first, followed by the guys, with about half an hour set. There have been instances where things change up a bit, Lady Tremaine out instead of Maleficent one night and Queen of hearts in Hades place, but both were for first set only. No one is guarenteeded.

The line never really died off on Monday and they will cut the line to get them out on time so they can be back for the goodbye show.

I didn't see that for the villains, but I have done it for other lines. I could probably have stood there for the next half hour letting others go ahead of us, but she was so upset it was best to just move on to other things.

I totally get that. Sounds like you had some really unlucky timing.

Thank you to all for the villains advice :)
Maybe others will comment on this thread for the next few parties on the line up times. I am hoping that earlier is not the new trend-but you are most likely right!
I did read about Maleficent being late one night-was that just a one night thing or has she been late to multiple parties? She is the only 3 of the females that we have never been able to meet...

Who are the female villains?
Typically it's Cruella DeVil, the Evil Queen, and Maleficent. The male villains have typically been Hades, Jafar, and Radcliffe. Lady Tremaine and family and the Queen of Hearts are usually the roamers (one at a time), but they can take the place of one of the "regular" villains if s/he is unavailable.

Ok. We have seen Cruella before at WDW but I would like to see the Evil Queen as last time at MNSSHP, they cut the line off before I could get to it. Are the Evil Queen and Maleficiant beside each other?

You meet them one at a time...so you won't have a photo with the Evil Queen and Maleficent together. The Evil Queen is also often available during the day (check near Fantasyland).

I've noticed the line is forming earlier and earlier....as I was passing yesterday there was already a line at 605 for a 7pm start, whereas for Monday we didn't have a line until 645 or so. Wednesday there was also a line much earlier so the quick line if you get there just at the right time is no longer an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter