• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Villa rental October 2014

LEANNE1302

Earning My Ears
Hi All

I was just looking to get some recommendations for villa rentals. The villa must have at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a games room and private pool.

We are looking for somewhere in between Disney and Universal and want to pay around £500 per week (UK sterling)

Thanks for any help

Vista Cay?

if you would be willing to take a timeshare/condo - you would have more choices.

the middle ground is Seaworld - and you could get a Marriott timeshare.

It sounds like you are looking for a rental home rather than a townhome (terraced home) or condo (apartment).

Rental homes are only permitted in certain counties in the Orlando area, mostly they will be south of Disney (South, South West, South East and a few to the West). Unless they have changed the rules recently, in the area around Universal / Seaworld, rental homes are not allowed (condos/apartments - yes, rental homes - no).

Vista Cay is in the area you are looking for, but they only offer townhomes and condos. If you want a home, you will have to be further away from Universal.

FWIW - I have driven from Windsor Palms and Emerald Island to Universal & Seaworld many times. Its a nice easy drive, but takes 15-20mins.

HTH

-Kay

Thanks for all the replies I will look into the other areas. We don't mind what type of accommodation as long as there are separate bedrooms as my mum and 16 year old son are coming with us

You can rent through VRBO, Homeaway or Villa Direct. We found 4 bedroom homes with a game room and private pool for around $100 US a night plus taxes, fees and cleaning/deposit.

However if you want pool heat that usually runs an additional $25-$35 a day. Rip off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter