Villa Question

tink20

DIS Veteran
Can anyone book a Villa or do you have to be a DVC member?
I am interested in the villas at AKL.

Can anyone book a Villa or do you have to be a DVC member?
I am interested in the villas at AKL.

No, anyone can book a villa, if they are available. Pay rack rate, or buy points from a DVC member. I'm not a DVC owner but have stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge a couple of times...nice!

I have read that it is harder for non-DVC to find villas available at AKL.

Of course you can! Be aware that a cash res. can start anywhere from approx.
$550/night for a studio and peak at over $1,000/night for a grand villa. Pricey...but worth it! :thumbsup2

You can also go to the DVC board and rent from fellow Dissers or rent from David's (an advertiser on the boards, see link below). It is cheaper to rent points that to book through Disney. I rented points from a fellow Diser about 8 years ago and now I own 2 contracts, one at AKL & one at BW. I bought two thinking I would rent out points, however, I some how use up all my points each year.:lmao:In fact for a trip I have in December (renting points to a colleague and going down myself) I have to borrow points from next year. I think I might have to buy another contract. :goodvibesEnjoy, Penny
http://www.dvcrequest.com/

We stayed at AKL - Kindani in a studio in November 2009. We are not dvc members and we did not rent points. You can make reservations to villas the same way you make them at regular resorts. We booked AKL - Kindani as a room only reservation (so that we could get the room only discount of 40%) then added tickets and dining. If you make your reservation before the discounts are released you can call and have the discount applied to your existing reservation once the discount is released (it has been my experience however that disney only allows you to take advantage of one type of discount per reservation - understandable). Last year there was plenty availability at kindani all the way up to when we left on our trip. We felt like we had the place to ourselves up until Thanksgiving. It was great. But i would imagine the villas at the Jambo house would book faster.

DVC units are often available on the public code promotions. Also, with a Disney reservation, you get daily maid and turn-down service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter