Villa pools

grannyed

Mouseketeer
I have read on several threads to look for a villa with a south or south west facing pool. This said can anyone tell me how much of a disadvantage an East facing pool would be. Found a nice villa on Windsor Hills but it has an East facing pool. We will be there in August..

An East facing villa would give you a view of the sunrise - assuming that there is no other villa directly to your east that is.
You would get the sun on the pool area from early morning until early afternoon I would guess.
The advantage of a south or south-west facing pool is that you will get the sun from morning through until sun set - which is good if you decide to have a day by the pool, or even decide to come back early from a park and spend the afternoon at the villa.

It depends I suppose on how much time you may want to spend by the pool.
To be honest our son loves water and we do like to relax by the pool, probably more than most, partly because we get little chance to relax at home.

If you get a pool that is south facing, you are pretty much guaranteed sun all day , that is why many owners say 'south facing pool' in their adverts.
South West for example you would see little sun in the morning.

Personally we always book a south facing one - figure would rather have the sun whether we need it or not, that not have it and need it. :)

To be honest - you might be grateful for a pool thats not in full sun in the afternoon *** in August whew it will be so hot.
I personally think it would be better to have the sun in the morning and early afternoon than in the heat of the day.

thanks everyone...it's not as easy as I thought it was going to be booking a villa when you take all of these little extras into account...especially in August-- going and returning midweek - and for 28 days

I know we'll find somewhere - have a shortlist (a long shortlist ) to work through!!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter