Villa owners selling!

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
Just looked up the address for our sept trip to fill in our esta's and have seen the villa is for sale.

Hope they don't sell and we need to find a last minute replacement!!

I would contact the villa owner. House sales are done very differently in North America. They set the date for closing which is usually 30, 60 or 90 days and that's when the house is sold. The time is set when the offer is made on the house and the seller accepts it. There is very, very rarely an excuse for it not closing when the date has been set as most people will have the mortgage already set up etc. Now the new owners may 'take over' the current owners rentals but there is no guarantee of that I would want someone to clarify that. I am not trying to scaremonger but wanted you to realise that it is very different to selling a house in the UK when it is in the hands of the surveyors, solicitors, etc., etc..

I would contact the villa owner. House sales are done very differently in North America. They set the date for closing which is usually 30, 60 or 90 days and that's when the house is sold. The time is set when the offer is made on the house and the seller accepts it. There is very, very rarely an excuse for it not closing when the date has been set as most people will have the mortgage already set up etc. Now the new owners may 'take over' the current owners rentals but there is no guarantee of that I would want someone to clarify that. I am not trying to scaremonger but wanted you to realise that it is very different to selling a house in the UK when it is in the hands of the surveyors, solicitors, etc., etc..
Thanks for the reply. The previously very helpful villa owner is not not responding to emails!

We have had this happen twice. The first time we hadn't paid anything so just found alternative accommodation as the new owners didn't transfer our booking. The second time our booking has been taken on by the new owners without any problems.

If he is not replying then I would be a bit worried. Have you paid a deposit?

Yes paid a deposit. Looks like it's still on the market so we shall see. Wouldn't mind buying it if we like it!

Yes paid a deposit. Looks like it's still on the market so we shall see. Wouldn't mind buying it if we like it!

Maybe you should email that to the current owner. Tell him that this visit is to scout out properties you are interested in. Might get a response from him/her if they think you could be a potential buyer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter