Villa Choice Tips Please

Twinks

Mouseketeer
We need to make our final choice of villa this weekend and we have concentrated on the Formosa Gardens Area as we want to be close to Disney and use the short cut through!

It would seem that the style of accomodation and favourabile prices are coming through for :

Sunset Lakes
Windsor Hills
Indian Creek

We have stayed at Windsor Palms before, but they seem to be mainly 3 and 4 bedroom properties! :confused3

Does anyone have any experience at staying at the above communities and if so I would be grateful for any positive and negative tips to help us make our decision. :thumbsup2

Thanks

Twinks

We have stayed at Indian Creek before and are doing so again this August.

I have driven around many of the developments and IC is probably our favourite, mainly because the homes on there are fairly new and the location is ideal.
We try and stay in a different villa each time and have never been dissapointed with IC, there has been some major construction work ongoing , a new road being built that goes through the development (more like under in effect) but have never had any problems with this.

If you do choose to stay there you may want to confirm the location of the home, a south facing pool would be ideal for you as you get the sun all day.

There are 3,4 and 5 bedroomed homes at IC.

We stopped at Indian Creek in April 2005. Without doubt it is one of the closest developments to Disney. On the flip side, where we were you could see & here the new road being built & all of the properties appeared really close together & on top of each other without much privacy.
Personally we prefer to be a little further away with a conservation or lake view & plenty of privacy. To us, thats more important than 5-10 minutes extra on a journey.

Shropshire Saint said:
We stopped at Indian Creek in April 2005. Without doubt it is one of the closest developments to Disney. On the flip side, where we were you could see & here the new road being built & all of the properties appeared really close together & on top of each other without much privacy.
Personally we prefer to be a little further away with a conservation or lake view & plenty of privacy. To us, thats more important than 5-10 minutes extra on a journey.

I don't necessarily disagree, however, if you choose the villa carefully there is no problem, the homes we have stayed in have been well away from any noise or distraction.

Thank you

We have had some very good prices for Indian Creek, but also for Sunset Lakes and one for Winsor Hills, so if anyone has any opionion of the last 2 also, I would be grateful.

Decisions, decisions lol :confused3

Twinks

I know very little about Windsor Hills or Sunset Lakes - anyway good luck with your choice.

We have stayed on Indian Creek and it is a nice location - unfortunately the villa we had last year backed right onto the new road so we decided not to stay there this year. One of the things I didn't like about Indian Creek was the way some of the pools actually faced onto the road. We walked out of our front door and could look directly into the pool of the villa across the road, so check this carefully if you are booking Indian Creek.

We have booked a lovely villa at Sunset Lakes this year, it is older than the Indian Creek one but is far superior in style and facilities (although only slightly more expensive) It overlooks the lake and is a two story property with two full size master suites (our Indian Creek one has one master and one much smaller second master suite).

Good luck with what you decide

I can understand that.

We never book one unless it is fully fenced at the rear, totally private in that respect and we always check the location so to ensure we are nowhere near the construction works.
A lot of the corner homes (at many developments) have pools at the side so there is no privacy whatsover, quite why I do not know, unless fenced of course.

The main reason we like Indian Creek, is the homes are fairly new and the location is ideal.
We had a very bad experience with the only older home we rented, basically the villa was falling to bits it had been neglected so much - naturally most owners look after their properties - we just didn't research enough, however, I spend ages to make sure we have found the right home.
Once you make a mistake you do anything to avoid a repeat, I will never forget our reaction at arriving at that horrible place.
Hence I have driven around many of the developments, in my opinion (depsite the construction works) IC is one of the better places to stay at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter