Villa booked, flights booked, but need newbie travel insurance recommendations please

debweb

Earning My Ears
Our first family holiday to the US. There's me, dh and dd's 9 and 6. We've booked a Windsor Hills Villa direct with the owner and booked some Virgin flights a couple of months ago but I really need to get some travel insurance booked as we go in February. Obviously I'd hate anything to go wrong between now and then without being covered but insurance seems to be complicated by us booking flights and accommodation seperately and I seem to be spending a huge amount of time reading through the small print so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks x

We don't have travel insurance booked as of yet so I'd also be interested to see if anyone has any recommendations :)

I hope you get a fair number or responses on here as each of us can only speak for ourselves and what is adequate cover for one family may not be appropriate for another.

We have no medical issues or anything like that so ours is straightforward. I also now book my trips DIY not as a package which affects the type of insurance I look for. It is also important to me to be covered for natural catastrophe (such as volcanic ash for example) and delays etc.

I have used Direct Travel twice in a row and will use them again without hesitation as they covered us for all of the above. I have thankfully never needed to make a claim, but I am one of those folk who over insure as I can't see the merit in spending thousands on a holiday and then skimping on insurance lest anything should go wrong.

If you are signed up to Topcashback or Quidco they are offering just over 17% cashback on all policies. That offer has been on there for a good few years as I have used it every time - and they do pay out :)

Thanks 2tiggies, that's just what I'm after. We don't have any medical history and want natural catastrophe (ash cloud cover :thumbsup2) but as we need cover for independent travellers I was getting no where. I'll go look at direct travel, thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter