Vikings in Norway

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
I was looking at the Epcot entertainment offerings and saw in Norway "Vikings" being offered several times a day. What exactly is this?

Last week it was two rugged men dressed in Vikings gear, they walked around randomly and would pose for pictures if you asked. They spoke similar to how they may have communicated long ago. Pretty cool. My boys loved them since they are not exactly frozen fans!!

Edited to reflect I did not mean any offense. My original post is quoted in messages below.

Last edited:
We ran into them once last week and they were so funny!

Last week it was two rugged men dressed in Vikings gear, they walked around randomly and would pose for pictures if you asked. They only grunted and made noises similar to how they may have communicated long ago. Pretty cool. My boys loved them since they are not exactly frozen fans!!

See this annoys me. The Vikings were quite Civilised with practises that were used for many years and had a language that is still used today. They did not grunt and make noises thats just lazy hollywood stero typing.

Saying that glad your boys liked the Vikings tho

See this annoys me. The Vikings were quite Civilised with practises that were used for many years and had a language that is still used today. They did not grunt and make noises thats just lazy hollywood stero typing.

I agree, pretty sure the Vikings didn't grunt. I have a friend that brings one of the Vikings to life and when I told him this, he said : "yeah we know, but other than grunting it would be talking with a Norwegian accent (while speaking English) and that would be wrong as well" so they are sticking with the grunting, plus the guests seem to like it.

I am sorry. Truly did not mean any offense. I will be more careful in the future.

My husband "grunts and makes noises" all the time in 2016! So I'm pretty sure Vikings probably did that back in....well whenever they were around.

Any pictures? The description of two rugged men brings to mind Smee and Blogg, the Singing Executioners, but their brand of humor would definitely not be Disney-safe. But I wouldn't put it past them to retire, move south, and clean up their act (literally).

This makes me happy that they are expanding the entertainment in Norway (other than Frozen)! It seems that Norway has always been the "forgotten" country in the World Showcase...

AWESOME! So excited by this. Those are my people! Can't wait to get a photo with them on our next visit.

I'm married to a "Viking" and would never have heard the end of it. LOL.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter