• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Views on reception locations?

disneyamy4

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, i've been investigating Disney weddings for a month or so now, and just have a few questions for you lovely people!

1. We are from the UK, and cannot really afford to make it over for a site visit before we request our dates. We are looking at a lunch buffet reception, and i was wondering if you could give me some opinions on reception locations? I've seen a few pictures of ariels and the living seas at Epcot, are there any places you recommend? there will be max 40 guests at our wedding.

2. because of our jobs, our only time off where we can both make it to florida is july and august. if we are looking at july 2014, is it possible for us to schedule a planning session in august 2013? i understand that prices aren't guaranteed until 6 months out, but do you think they can schedule us in?

thanks everyone, any reception location opinions will be great! :D

1. We are from the UK, and cannot really afford to make it over for a site visit before we request our dates. We are looking at a lunch buffet reception, and i was wondering if you could give me some opinions on reception locations? I've seen a few pictures of ariels and the living seas at Epcot, are there any places you recommend? there will be max 40 guests at our wedding.

I'm a big fan of The Attic at BoardWalk Inn, which has indoor and outdoor spaces and a lovely view of Crescent Lake. Disney has lowered the guest limit from 50 to 30 since we used it because that's how many people fit at the existing tables, but there are also sofas and overstuffed chairs where people can sit. So if your group ends up being any number less than 40, I'd say it's worth asking for.

Other popular spots are Whitehall Room & Patio at the Grand Floridian and the St. James Room & Patio at BoardWalk Inn (though maybe patios won't be at the top of your list for a July event!)

2. because of our jobs, our only time off where we can both make it to florida is july and august. if we are looking at july 2014, is it possible for us to schedule a planning session in august 2013? i understand that prices aren't guaranteed until 6 months out, but do you think they can schedule us in?

They would let you do a site visit, but you just won't be far enough along in the planning process to do a planning session. :( But plenty of people have planned weddings at WDW without an in-person session and had everything turn out fine. :thumbsup2

I'm having a party at Ariel's and it's absolutely beautiful!!! It's not expensive at all and it's perfect for how many guests you have :thumbsup2 I highly suggest that!!! ::yes:: I've also seen a lot of photos of The White Hall Room at Grand Floridian and The Sonoma Room/The Napa Room at the Contemporary and they are beautiful as well. Also, Bistro de Paris, Italy, Theatre of the Stars, and about everything else actually actually IN the parks are absolutely breath taking, but they also have the disadvantage of having to pay a small to large venue fee. Hope this helps! :)

I think the attic is a beautiful location that is worth considering. The location is fabulous, its unique and the balcony has beautiful views.

We're using the Whitehall Patio and Room for our smaller wedding but the new wallpaper and drapes are really ugly and it's probably too hot and humid to use the patio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter