• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viewing Wishes Outside the MK?

MAKHayes-DisneyDiva

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for advice about watching Wishes form a resort or other location. Why? My son doesn't love crowds, and we'd like easy-ish access to Epcot, where we'll catch a shuttle to our off site resort. MK is an option as well. These are my thoughts so far:
1. 4th floor deck at CR
2. The beach at the Poly - is there more than one area?
3. The beach at GF
4. MK - we'll be in that park anyway, but we have a 5:00 reservation at the Wave
5. Something else?

Your input is greatly appreciated! I've been away from WDW for 3 years and can't wait to drink up the magic!
:tigger:

The beach at the Poly is our favorite place to watch Wishes! We grab a late dinner at Captain Cook's, or a dole whip at Pineapple Lanai, and relax. It's beautiful, and you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant too!

Note you can't see the fireworks from the GF beach, only the GF boat dock area.

Poly Beach will be one of your more popular spots... it's convenient, it's a good view, there are things around the resort to do while you're waiting. The music/sound level is just ok, it's not great.

The TTC is an under-appreciated Wishes viewing area. That might be a great spot for a quick getaway to Epcot.

@Robo has a wonderful map of the 7SL with detailed viewing angles and notes, maybe he'll stop by and post it or you can do a search.

Have fun!

We watched from CR just 2 weeks ago...its not bad. Though we loved the view from the GF beach- unfortunately we were there watching it the night before the tragic incident happened last summer so I think all the beaches are closed now for viewing.

It looks like Highway in the Sky Dine Around is not offered on the evening in question. Does anyone know if this means the 4th floor viewing are at CR is open for fireworks viewing?
Thanks!

It looks like Highway in the Sky Dine Around is not offered on the evening in question. Does anyone know if this means the 4th floor viewing are at CR is open for fireworks viewing?
Thanks!

Yes, it should be. You never know when Disney might have something private or add that particular event to the schedule, but probably a relatively low probability.

My favorite is while having a cocktail on Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace. They pipe in the music, and the view is pretty good.

When are you going ?

Wishes will end May 11th

It's unkown, so far, how easy the new show will be seen from locations outside MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter