Viewing Water Parade/Wishes

cantwait4

Earning My Ears
Is there a good place to watch the Electrical Water parade/wishes outside of the MK Park? We are staying at POR.

Yes, you can see both from the Poly Beach, or from the Contemporary.

Is there a good place to watch the Electrical Water parade/wishes outside of the MK Park? We are staying at POR.

The Beach at the Polynesian Resort offers a great view
of Wishes and other MK Fireworks shows.
They do "pipe in" the audio of the shows.
There are several ground-level speakers along the
sidewalk.

They also pipe the audio to the speakers at the Poly pool.
The audio level if better in some places (closer to the sidewalk, for instance) than others (far out on the beach, for instance.)

To find the "sweet spot" for viewing, stroll along the sidewalk until the Cinderella Castle comes into full view.

Poly-TTC-Basic_101209.jpg

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

-----------------------------

More Viewing Spots-

You can see them from TTC (they pipe-in the audio from
the show) but you are not allowed to stand in the
Ferry loading area.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

You can see them from the boat-dock and an outside
observation deck near Narcoossee's restaurant at the
Grand Floridian. Anyone can stand on Narcoossee's Deck.
The outside deck is not a part of the actual restaurant. (All serving is done inside.)
The deck is accessed from the sidewalk outside the restaurant.
Also, good viewing from the Patio overlooking the Marina.
The sound of the show is piped into these areas too.

GF-FW-Narcoo-BE_072708.jpg

At the Contemporary, there is viewing on an outdoor
observation area on the 4th floor.
The California Grill observation areas are reserved for patrons that day of the Grill or Bar.

MK-CR-BE-Deck-S_090308.gif

MK-CR-Sat-Fwx-Deck_112312.gif

(Fireworks shown above are simulated.)

At Wilderness Lodge, the "secret place" to watch the MK fireworks is from the northern area of the Cast Member (CM) Parking Lot.

WL-N_CM-Lot_091809.gif

At the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Marina (angle shown on the map below,) some of the view (especially of the "Fantasyland" pyro) is blocked by the now unused Discovery Island in Bay Lake and by the high-rise buildings of the Contemporary Resort.
But, the view from the Ft. Wilderness' sand beach (farther north) is more open.
Still the tree-level can block the views of the lower-firing pyro.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

As for viewing from INSIDE the dining area of restaurants
(you usually need ADRs for most, and they are usually busy during the shows)...
you can see (and hear) them at California Grill at Contemporary,
'Ohana at Poly, Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian,
and (if you have access there) the Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.
----------------------------------

Is there a good place to watch the Electrical Water parade... outside of the MK Park? We are staying at POR.

You can see the Electrical Water Pageant from the beaches or Marinas on the open lake side of any of the MK area resorts.
Its just a very short (5-7 minutes) "show" that takes place ON the lagoon.

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ewp.htm

Although Electrical Water Pageant generally follows the schedule below... Inclement weather can cause cancellation of the pageant.

Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.
Magic Kingdom -- 10:20 p.m. (only during extended MK park hours)

Note that when the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.

-------------------

Electrical Water Pageant

The words conjure some phantasmagorical display of
dazzling lightning-like high voltage interplay with glittering aquatic delights, no?

Well...

My favorite saying about these kind of "simple" things comes from Hawkeye Pierce on the old M*A*S*H TV show.

"It's not much, but it's really nothing."

Although I never miss a chance to see it... inappropriate "over-anticipation"
can be built up over the "Electrical Water Pageant".

People seem to be expecting to see "Spectromagic on the water", when it is really closer to oversized "Lite Brite" pegs mounted on some barges,
litebrite_400.jpg

with a "Casio Keyboard" music track.

Casio-Keybd.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I still love it, and it's a piece of WDW History, but first-timers, please don't get your hopes set too HIGH.

WOW ...ROBO you are full of great details. I can't wait we are leave in in 17 days :)

Robo - Loved the Light Brite analogy!! I only love it because of the I remember it as a child. It is over 40 yrs old and an iconic part of WDW history.

ROBO, When looking at pics on WDW site that's kinda the feeling I got about it, but I figure for a 5 and 7 year old who love Christmas Lights they might get a "kick out of it". I really appreciate your honesty with the questions, I have learned a lot from following you on other threads :)

As Robo described, you can see the fireworks from several locations outside of MK. I like GF dock and the Poly beach, but CR is a good option. It really depends on whether you want to be centered and further way OR closer, but off to the side.

GF Dock - fireworks are close, but off to the left of the castle. The EWP is very close and you get a good view of it.
DSC_0374_1.jpg

WaterParade.jpg

Poly Beach - fireworks are further away, but centered over the castle.
DSC_0908_1_zps9c6e967f.jpg

CR - I've only seen the fireworks from CA Grill's observation deck, which is pretty high up. The fireworks are to the right of the castle, nearly over Space Mountain.
DSC_0265_1.jpg

I uncovered an older pic of Robo:

retro-computer-10541111.jpg

But he's more streamlined and cooler now...

Is there a map for the EWP route ? :confused3
Looking to find where is it seen closer to the shore...

Is there a map for the EWP route ? :confused3
Looking to find where is it seen closer to the shore...

The boat that positions the barges is free-running, so the exact stopping spot can vary a bit.

But, I've not seen any of the locations that were particularly closer or farther away from the shore or beach...
to enough of an extent as to matter significantly to the (relative) "size" of the show.

I would generally vote to be somewhere that's roughly water level. When you're on the fourth floor at the CR (and even more so on the CA Grill observation deck), the show will appear smaller.

I uncovered an older pic of Robo:

retro-computer-10541111.jpg

But he's more streamlined and cooler now...

You know, along about January I sometimes miss the warm glow of 9 dozen, or so, filaments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter