• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viewing Fireworks from Polynesian Resort Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwash70

Earning My Ears
We are gonig to WDW and staying in the Caribean beach resort. However i thought it would be cool to watch the MK fireworks from the beaches of the Polynesian resorts.

Does anyone know if non guests of the Polynesian are allowed to go to the beaches there and are the beaches still open during the fireworks ?

thanks

Great fireworks viewing from Poly beaches or CR observation deck - regardless of whether or not you're a guest there. Just hop off the monorail & help yourself.

Its a good place to view, but, no sound as I recall.
The difficulty will be returning to your resort afterwards. Either take a taxi or go to the MK and use the buses.

I have read other comments from people who said if you view the fireworks from the Polynesian beach and you're not a guest, then you should not sit in the hammocks to give Polynesian guests a chance to use them. While that is not a official rule it's more of an un written rule saying Polynesian guests should get 1st chances of sitting in them.

Oh,yeah,like I'd get up out of the hammock if a Poly guest wanted it. I'm sure it would be fun trying to get me out of it.

We've watched wishes several times from the Poly beach, even when we weren't "guests," though we were patrons, because we went there to dine at 'Ohana and stayed on the beach for Wishes and EWP. The music is played on the audio speakers that play the Polynesian music, so you have to position yourself near one (that's for Wishes, you can clearly hear EWP even not near a speaker). Bring bug spray!

Honestly, Wishes is much nicer from INSIDE MK, so if you have only one chance to catch it, do it from Main Street. It's nice to watch it a second or third time from the Poly.

And the beaches themselves at the Poly are never really "closed" but there is no swimming allowed in the lake at any time any more due to the condition of the water.

Oh,yeah,like I'd get up out of the hammock if a Poly guest wanted it. I'm sure it would be fun trying to get me out of it.

Well that seems a little rude since the Poly guests are actually paying for the use of the resort.

I have no problem with non-Poly guests watching Wishes from the beach but its attitudes like that one that usually the upset the guests who are paying Polynesian prices . A little consideration goes a long way.

Well that seems a little rude since the Poly guests are actually paying for the use of the resort.

I have no problem with non-Poly guests watching Wishes from the beach but its attitudes like that one that usually the upset the guests who are paying Polynesian prices . A little consideration goes a long way.

Exactly.

I agree 100%.

Anybody can visit the Poly or any other Disney resort. Just tell the guard why you're there and they'll give you a 3 hour parking pass and let you on through.

Its a good place to view, but, no sound as I recall.
The difficulty will be returning to your resort afterwards. Either take a taxi or go to the MK and use the buses.

There's sound. That's one of the nice things of the Poly beach, they pipe the sound over.

I watched Wishes from the Poly beach with my brother and we sat on a handy bench and we weren't staying at that resort. IMO the benches, hammocks, etc. are first come, first serve. If you want one get there early enough to get one. Just because you are staying at the Poly doesn't mean you have more of a right to the seats. The seats are there for everybody.

Well I think it's a matter of common courtesy - resort guests should be able to use resort facilities before non-paying guests. When I stay at the Poly I think my family should be able to use the hammocks etc. over someone just dining at the Poly and watching the fireworks from their beach. When I stay at YC I would tell my kids to sit on the beach but to leave the hammocks and lounge chairs to those staying at the Poly.

If enough guests complain they may start making the beach facilities for paying guests only, just like the pools. I think that would be a shame for the majority of guests who like to watch Wishes from the beach when they are visiting the Polynesian. Its even more of a shame that some people ruin it for the ones who do act with courtesy.

Ok, at what point can you assume that all the Poly guests that want a hammock have gotten them and they are now available to non Poly guests?
While in theroy they should be for guests first, but how do you plan to police it, are you going to check the ID for everyone in a hammock if you want one and they are all occupied.

While in theroy they should be for guests first, but how do you plan to police it, are you going to check the ID for everyone in a hammock if you want one and they are all occupied.

That's part of the reason I say they are first come, first serve. There is no way of knowing by looking at someone that they are Poly guests. The benches, hammocks, chairs, etc. are there for everybody's use, not just the use of Poly Guests. There is no policy (AFAIK) saying they are only for that resort's guests or there is priority to those guests, unlike the pools.

IMO anybody who is smart enough to get to the beach early enough to get a good seat has a right to those seats. Just because someone is a Poly guest doesn't mean they can arrive at the last minute and get a good seat.

That's part of the reason I say they are first come, first serve. There is no way of knowing by looking at someone that they are Poly guests. The benches, hammocks, chairs, etc. are there for everybody's use, not just the use of Poly Guests. There is no policy (AFAIK) saying they are only for that resort's guests or there is priority to those guests, unlike the pools.

IMO anybody who is smart enough to get to the beach early enough to get a good seat has a right to those seats. Just because someone is a Poly guest doesn't mean they can arrive at the last minute and get a good seat.
So very true!

An easy way would be - unless you are paying to stay at the Poly leave the hammocks and tables for the resort guest. You would still enjoy the fireworks from the beach without inconveniencing any guests.

Sorry but I feel strongly, that just like pool hopping, there are only so many hammocks, tables etc. that should be reserved for the guest of that resort.

When my brother and I went to the Poly for Wishes we wanted a seat and found one. We didn't want to sit on the ground if we could help it and we got there early enough to get a seat. There's nothing stopping the Poly guests from doing the same thing. Actually they have an easier time of it as they are already at the resort and everybody else either has to use the monorail, take a bus, drive, or take a taxi to get there. The first requires the guest already be at the MK or another of the monorail resorts, the second that they be either at a bus hub or take a bus to one and transfer, and the last three all have to deal with traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter