Viewing fireworks from Poly beach

Missy29

DIS Veteran
Is the view still good for the fireworks from the beach? I heard they built bungalows that may restrict the view.

When we went last Sept the view was awesome from the beach. The bungalows didn't even get in the way of the Electric Parade out on the lagoon.

There is a much, much narrower area of beach to see the fireworks (due to the new bungalow buildings.)
But, on most nights of the year, the area that is still left open will be just fine.

However, a better view (with MUCH better SOUND) will be from the Ferry ramp at TTC.

Poly%20Beach_121915_zpsqbismlst.jpg

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

Robo's map is pretty good. To have a full view from the beach you have to be west of the Hawaii building and then it's fine. The sound was ok in October but the TTC sound might be better given the sound system there. However, I find the lighting at the TTC, and it's quite bright at all times, detracts from the show for me.

Thanks for your replies! We don't care much about the sound, my kids just like playing on the beach while waiting for the fireworks.

That's a great map!

Robo, would you rank the 4th floor terrace of the CR or the dock at GF above either TTC or Poly?

Is the view still good for the fireworks from the beach? I heard they built bungalows that may restrict the view.

We watched Wishes from Poly Beach on Jan. 12 after dinner at Kona Café.

The view from the beach was very good. They piped in the music from somewhere, but it was rather quiet. During the fireworks I did not notice the (inauthentic) bungalows.

The beach was everything but crowded and we really enjoyed it to view the fireworks from there! The only problem was finding a parking spot before dinner, the lot was at 99,9 % capacity...

I was not a fan of the Polynesian Resort, but after this wonderful evening I will give it a try someday.

That's a great map!

Robo, would you rank the 4th floor terrace of the CR or the dock at GF above either TTC or Poly?

I didn't stop by the CR viewing area this trip, but I did check the GF areas. The GF areas (marina deck and shuttle dock) had poor-to-no audio from the show. Narcoossee's deck had great audio, but it is now designated ONLY to guests of that restaurant. Sad that Disney seems to have let lapse their attention to these details.

I didn't stop by the CR viewing area this trip, but I did check the GF areas. The GF areas (marina deck and shuttle dock) had poor-to-no audio from the show. Narcoossee's deck had great audio, but it is now designated ONLY to guests of that restaurant. Sad that Disney seems to have let lapse their attention to these details.
I actually saw the fireworks from the CR to BLT bridge last year, and the audio was fine.

The GF dock seems like it would get crowded to me, but I've never been, so no idea.

I was more interested in which has the best sightlines/closeness.

(Sorry to step on your thread, Missy29!)

I actually saw the fireworks from the CR to BLT bridge last year, and the audio was fine.

The GF dock seems like it would get crowded to me, but I've never been, so no idea.

I was more interested in which has the best sightlines/closeness.

(Sorry to step on your thread, Missy29!)

The CR will be, the closest to the show considering all of the traditional outside-the-park views.

Here are the angles of the views in the Bay Lake area.

MK-Bay-Fwx-Views_012913_zps8f10ed57.jpg

Below are the angles of the views in the Seven Seas Lagoon area.

MK-7Seas-Resorts-Fwx_012913_zps84390ca0.jpg

----------------------------------

That's a great map!

Hope you don't mind me sticking my opinion in here, I watched Wishes from CR, GF, and Poly last week. For sound, yes, but sightlines no. Just seeing the fireworks so far I guess from the angle that you think they're at "behind" the castle bothered me. I know where they're shot from and the fallout area, but actually watching it from the side kinda sucked.

LOL, tell us how your really feel.

Come to think of it, we were kind of "on the side" when we watched from CR last year. I wouldn't quite put it in the "sucked" column, but that does convince me to try a more "head on" view this time. Thanks.

Agree totally on the side view at CR. BLT is even worse. I prefer to be straight on somewhere at Poly. We've watched fireworks from the Poly beach several times. As long as the weather and wind are decent, the view is good. The pool area at the Poly also has decent spots that are pretty much the same angle as the beach. We've eaten there before at a table while watching fireworks.

Might sound funny but another decent spot at the Poly is high on some of the outside building stairwells like the Tokelua building which faces MK. The height gives you a nice view over the bungalows and Sunset Point. We've used that a few times while stating at Poly DVC when kids were already in PJ's.

We still like it, if we hadnt known how it was before we wouldnt even really notice them. It was however much more crowded the couple of times we did it last trip than it had been on previous ones.

Our favorite place to watch wishes is the Poly. We like the straight views and love the resort. This is from this past October for the special Halloween Wishes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 32
There is a much, much narrower area of beach to see the fireworks (due to the new bungalow buildings.)
But, on most nights of the year, the area that is still left open will be just fine.

However, a better view (with MUCH better SOUND) will be from the Ferry ramp at TTC.

Poly%20Beach_121915_zpsqbismlst.jpg

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg
This is one of the places we thought about watching. How crowded does it get? How early should we get there to get a good view?

This is one of the places we thought about watching. How crowded does it get? How early should we get there to get a good view?

Unless it is a special holiday time, the beach should not be very crowded.

Same answer.
Great! Thank you! The other place I heard is good is in front of 7DMT? Good info? If so, I figure we would base our decision on if we wanted to be already out of the park and close to our car, or if we still wanted to be in the park for a few more rides afterward (if they end up extending June hours).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter