• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VIDEO: "The Magic, The Memories and You!" Castle Show at Magic Kingdom

WOW!! That was amazing and it exceeded what I expected! I cannot wait to see that next month. Seeing the castle in different colors and look like it was somewhat alive was incredible.

P.S. I don't know how I feel about the pictures. I don't hate them but there were some parts where they felt forced and didn't really go with what was going on on the castle. I dunno.....

Thanks Corey!!!!!!!! Great video! :thumbsup2

P.S. I don't know how I feel about the pictures. I don't hate them but there were some parts where they felt forced and didn't really go with what was going on on the castle. I dunno.....

Really? I thought they worked the pictures in really well. I guess I kind of see what you mean though, but just towards the very end, right before Walt. All in all though I absolutely loved it. :love:

I think what might bother me regarding the pictures might be the size of the pictures on the castle. Just watching Corey's video makes some of the pictures hard to make out. If you're halfway down Main Street will you be able to make most of them out? It could just be that I'm watching a video which doesn't always beat the human eye,lol. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it at the end of next month. Either way, this projection technology is amazing. Too bad they just can't seem to get the technology right for the Lights of Winter. :rotfl2:

clearly i'm not keeping up on what's happening at WDW...
what is this?

is this in addition to the fireworks? or a replacement?

if it's a replacement, i won't be a happy camper (certainly not for the $25,000 i just calculated a 2 week trip in August will cost us)...

I wasn't too sure about it in the beginning, especially with how the pictures were a little out of place as someone above said but once it hit the 3 minute mark I thought it was amazing. I love what they can do with the castle now, changing it's colours and having characters appear was a highlight but my fave part, was when they played that clip of Walt and then projected the fireworks to run with the real ones. Can't wait to see it in person.

Wow! It touched my heart watching it. I imagine it is better in person. I'll be the one wiping the tears from my eyes while I watch.

This is not in place of fireworks, it's in addition to them. I was completely underwhelmed by the idea of this, and much more impressed when I saw it in person. It was actually quite good, if not a bit long.

Pete

This is not in place of fireworks, it's in addition to them. I was completely underwhelmed by the idea of this, and much more impressed when I saw it in person. It was actually quite good, if not a bit long.

Pete

thanks for the clarification! as a sound and light show it's very nice, and i imagine it's even nicer in person...

I can't think of a more perfect ending for the evening than to see my daughter's picture on the castle just before the fireworks display.

Disney should sell a PhotoPass type card that allows you to download or get a DVD of that night's show. Can you imagine posting that show with your child's face on the castle on your Facebook?

Nuts..I can't view Youtube at work...have to check it out at home.

awesome!!!! That made me laugh and smile, gave me goosebumps and made me teary eyed at the same time. Also it looks like one of pictures I submitted (of my son) might be in the show!

I was very skeptical when this was announced, but this is much better than I expected. I'd agree that it might be a little long, but the effects on the castle are pretty cool.

i actually was impressed, but agree, it will be hard to see the photos from a great distance (i watched a few different videos from different sources and some were harder to see). but i love the concept and think it is pretty cool! great addition.

I am very, very impressed! :thumbsup2
I didn't know what to expect- and this was completely amazing. I loved too many parts of it to even start listing. Buzz, the gorgeous colors, the music, of course- Walt. :love:

I have to wait until May- but I am really looking forward to seeing this in person! :thumbsup2

I actually felt as if the Castle was a cartoon for a while the way the lights were making it look, I sure would love to see that live. Thanks team

Corey and the rest of the Dis team -- thanks for the great coverage of this event. The video was amazing. I love the effects on the castle.

I can't wait to see the Fantasyland expansion as well. I'm looking forward to the new Snow White ride. I always found the current one underwhelming and unnecessarily scary for little ones. It sounds like the new one will be lots more fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter