• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Video/Pictures

kifuller4

Mouseketeer
I'm so OVER obsessive about this! :headache:
I plan on brining both my digital camera and camcorder to Disney. I'm worried about how many pictures/videos I will be taking and what I can do to make sure I have enough room for the whole week.
I have a netbook that I plan on taking, and plan to put digital movies on the hard drive for the plane ride down and back. My camcorder is HD and therefore the video is rather large.
Does anyone have an external hard drive they take to Disney for this reason or is there somewhere at Disney I can download my videos to DVD's? The camcorder uses SD cards.

Thanks for your help.

I'd reccomend buying a small (small in physical size) external hard drive: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat....asp?CatId=2420&name=External-2.5-hard-Drive&. They have come down in price, and would fit your need better than DVDs I think. DVDs have the whole no moving parts thing going for them, but they don't hold nearly as much. Additionally, your other option is this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...xternal-DVD-Burners&Nav=|c:89|&Sort=0&Recs=10 External DVD writers would work fine on your netbook as well, and that might be a cheaper route for you than having someone else burn them.

Good luck and take care!

-Matt

I love taking my camera and camcorder. I'll be bringing my laptop and usually just take a ton of sd cards but since I became a DISigner here on the boards I've invested into an external hard drive. Todays's drives can fit in the palm of your hand and hold lot's of pics and video. Mine is 360 GB by Western Digital. I love it. Good luck and happy photographing.:goodvibes
Linda

We bring our laptop and download each night.

I always drag my camcorder along and never use it, or don't use it enough to justify dragging it around all week. My camera takes nice quality video clips, and I bring extra SD cards with me. I now just bring my 2 cameras and take video clips on my smaller camera.

My first two week trip, we took 1500 pictures to the tune of 3.5 GB. Our second trip was much less. That was with our 5MP camera that took normal movies.

I've purchased two 16gb SD cards for my upcoming trip with my new 12MP, HD Video camera. I'll be taking my 15' laptop to offload them.

Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter