Video/Photo Policy - Denied Access

Coca-Cola

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I've been denied access twice to Universal Orlando now for having a camera. The first it was because of my video camera. It's just a Sony, like any other tourist would have, yet didn't allow me access because I've got to have permission?

Last week I was denied access because of my camera. Again, this is something that just a normal tourists would have. It's extremely inconsistent, sometimes I've been fine.

Does anyone know the official policy?

Thank you

If it looks like a regular camera, I can't imagine why you're having problems. I don't know what the official policy is except you can't take cameras or other carry on items on certain rides but again...if it's a regular looking camera, you shouldn't be having any problems.

Where are you being turned away? The security check points or the gates?

I've never heard of anyone being turned away because of their camera. Perhaps you need to contact guest services to find out why. Does it have a super zoom or something? Did the bag check person not elaborate?

I have taken a Kodak digital camera and a video camera and have never been turned away.
So confused why you would be

Just for curiosity I checked their website and found this under their checklist of "things to bring":
Camera with batteries, plenty of film or extra memory cards. Expect to take lots of photographs during your visit.
I'd definitely contact guest services and see what the story is.

Wow! I scrapbook, so I always bring a camera. It even is usually strapped to my wrist... never had a problem. Something doesn't sound right... did they mention what about your camera made them not allow it? I mean it is vacation, people take pictures, and there are even picture posing spots in the parks..... weird....

There has to be more to this story. We brought in cameras (including one with a good sized zoom lens) just yesterday.

There has to be more to this story. We brought in cameras (including one with a good sized zoom lens) just yesterday.

From the construction pictures that I see on other websites, there are others bringing in large cameras. There has to be another reason why admission was denied. The only thing I remember someone saying here was that they weren't allowed to use a tripod during a Mardi Gras concert because of safety issues.

From the website, Camera with batteries, plenty of film or extra memory cards. Expect to take lots of photographs during your visit.

Acceptable items:

Bottled water
Small snacks that do not require heating
Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
Any food required for special dietary needs
Baby food/baby formula
Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep

Prohibited items:

Picnic lunches
Food that requires heating or refrigeration
Alcohol and glass containers
Hard-sided coolers
Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.

From the construction pictures that I see on other websites, there are others bringing in large cameras. There has to be another reason why admission was denied.

No, honestly, nothing.

They kept asking who we were with, as if we were with from the media, and must have permission. Must of been our camera.

They kept asking who we were with, as if we were with from the media, and must have permission. Must of been our camera.

Are you sure your camera is just like something another person might be carrying?

I have my camera on a crossbody strap, right out there for anyone to see, and no one has ever said anything about it. It is a point and shoot, but looks like a DSLR without extra lenses, so it's not small.

bumbershoot said:
Are you sure your camera is just like something another person might be carrying?

I have my camera on a crossbody strap, right out there for anyone to see, and no one has ever said anything about it. It is a point and shoot, but looks like a DSLR without extra lenses, so it's not small.

Same for us our camera is a Kodak digital and is not small and if you look at it also takes video and I have had security look at it and was never denied and like everyone else this just seems strange to me why they would be denied

Maybe I am misunderstanding this but I am getting the impression they were trying to enter with a big full size camera like a professional news crew would use. Not a hand held video recorder or point and shoot.

If that is the case they may not allow those big professional movie making type cameras in the parks unless you are on official park or media business.

So what did you do? Take your camera back to your car?

Maybe I am misunderstanding this but I am getting the impression they were trying to enter with a big full size camera like a professional news crew would use. Not a hand held video recorder or point and shoot.

If that is the case they may not allow those big professional movie making type cameras in the parks unless you are on official park or media business.

So what did you do? Take your camera back to your car?

I think we need a picture of their camera. :)

Well, he's *saying*
It's just a Sony, like any other tourist would have....

[camera]...Again, this is something that just a normal tourists would have....

I think we need a picture of their camera. :)

Agreed.

Last time I was there I remember there being photo ops all over the place , even a couple like the space shuttle and flintstones where they had a platform for you to place your camera for the perfect shot. I also remember cast members taking pictures of us with our camera.

shoulder_pod_00.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter