• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Video of Tangled play and meet with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider

mickeyhunter

DIS Veteran
Tangled Characters, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, appeared today for a "soft opening" of their new "play and greet" experience. The Tangled characters appear at the Fairytale Gardens (where Storytime with Belle once was). Tomorrow is the official opening.

When you first arrive, 35 people are allowed into the area meet and play area. Children are given Rapunzel coloring pages with crayons and file in around a large table to color. Children color while Photopass personal take their photos while everyone awaits the arrival of Rapunzel and Flynn. Rapunzel and Flynn then appear on stage and ask everyone to celebrate with them by dancing. Rapunzel and Flynn then come down from the stage area and dance with the children around the coloring table. After the dancing, Rapunzel and Flynn return to the stage to begin their meet and greet. While in line for the meet and greet cast members engage guest with games while Photopass Photographers capture the children's expressions. Here's a video from today click on picture to start video;

Am I the only one a little disappointed in that? I just had my daughter watch .... and she said "Bring back Belle's Storytime...." Of course it doesn't help that the whole "coloring" thing skews it a little young for our taste.

Hmmm..... might have to rethink doing a Rapunzel costume for our next trip.

Thanks for posting this though. It's a huge help!

I did see their names on the character list for MVMCP. I wonder if they'll be doing this interactive thing during the party, or just do pictures.......

I think this is super creative! What a great way to keep the kids engaged instead of making them stand in a line for just a few minutes with the character!

Am I the only one a little disappointed in that? I just had my daughter watch .... and she said "Bring back Belle's Storytime...."

I'm soooo with your daughter. Is this all that will be happening? They color for a bit and then circle the table a few times? I'm sure we'll check it out at some point, but it seems like a giant waste of park time unless you have a big Rapunzel fan.. Was there a meet & greet after?

Aww crud. I don't like this at all. Meeting Rapunzel is on the top of my DD's list and she isn't going to like holding hands with strangers.

Aww crud. I don't like this at all. Meeting Rapunzel is on the top of my DD's list and she isn't going to like holding hands with strangers.

I'm having trouble viewing the video, but based on all these descriptions I don't think my kids would like it either. The younger one prefers to eat her crayons, the older one won't be patient enough to sit around that long to meet a character she barely knows in the first place. If it was for Tiana on the other hand...

ETA: Thanks so much everyone for the update though! It's so helpful to plan ahead in my mind what to hit and what we may want to avoid.

Just a question - is there a meet and greet without taking part in this. We REALLY wanna meet Rapunzel and Flynn next year but as 3 adults we don't wanna take a kids place in taking part. Once this was over was there a line longer than the 35 allowed in or not? THanks

Just a question - is there a meet and greet without taking part in this. We REALLY wanna meet Rapunzel and Flynn next year but as 3 adults we don't wanna take a kids place in taking part. Once this was over was there a line longer than the 35 allowed in or not? THanks

There is a meet and greet after the "play"part of the experience. I don't have children either so I just hung back with my mom and waited for the dancing and coloring to be over and the meet and greet to begin. They allow a total of 35 people in the meet and play area. Once people leave the area they allow people from the holding area in.

Note: they allow 35 people into the meet and play area. Next they fill up a "holding"area where other people wait behind a rope. These people get to come into the area after some of the initial 35 people leave. If you do not make it into the holding area or meet and play area, you will be asked to come back for the next "show".

The idea is to eliminate a line to see characters. The goal is for guests to not say they just "waited in line" to see characters. This is the new format for character experiences you will see in the new Fantasyland expansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter