• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Video editing software

Shasta

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just bought the new Kodak Playsport mini HD camera. I first heard of the small hand held HD camera here with the Flip but after looking around decided to wait for the new Playsport to come out.

I tried it out this weekend and LOVE this camera. One down side is that each time you cut it off and on, it records a separate video file. In other words, it isn't streaming like a camcorder. When replaying, you have to constantly go to the next file and hit play. I tent to shoot short 30-120 second shots so you can see the difficulty in replaying.

I'd love to find some freeware software that is easy to understand so that I could put these files together, edit and then burn to a DVD to watch as a single movie. If there is much better software for a reasonable price than freeware, I'd be willing to drop a dime on it.

Thanks!

What type of computer are you running? Mac or PC?

I've been using Pinnacle Studio for years. It's not free but still pretty cheap. (I found it w/rebate and it ended up being $50) It's really easy but can be a little "buggy". I've always been able to work through any kinks I've found. The reviewers say that when it works no program can beat it!

Sorry, I should have mentioned PC.

I agree that the recording in separate files is a little annoying on digital cameras. After a day of shooting you have a dozen or more small files...

Has anyone used Windows Movie Maker for this?

Windows Movie maker is good, but it really depends on what format the camrea records in. Not all formats can be imported, including the one that my Xacti uses (arggh).

I will be buying this same camera before my beach trip in June...

I have a Flip Mino now and I use Magix Movie Maker... its not free, but it was around $50 and works well.

As far as Nero goes, which program would I use for digital movie editing. I'm looking at the website. What am I looking for? Is there a single program without needing to get the suite?

As far as Nero goes, which program would I use for digital movie editing. I'm looking at the website. What am I looking for? Is there a single program without needing to get the suite?

Nero Vision, I think the suite is worth the money though.

I wonder is Nero will work with this Kodak site. Pardon my ignorance but here is what formats my camera creats. I found on the Kodak site: video: H.264 (MOV), AAC LC

I don't see MOV listed as a supported format for Nero.

I wonder is Nero will work with this Kodak site. Pardon my ignorance but here is what formats my camera creats. I found on the Kodak site: video: H.264 (MOV), AAC LC

I don't see MOV listed as a supported format for Nero.

MOV will work just fine with Nero, my canon T1i uses the same format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter