Victoria & Jacks PJ - WP/WR/SC - April 5th 2011 - Update 01/09

Hi guys,

sorry for the long break in updates. I've been away from the DIS for a few days, had to have emergency surgery and it got very emotional. :(

I tried to keep my mind occupied by talking about the wedding but a few people started asking stuff like "But there will be an at home reception, wont there?" and making any excuse as to why they can't travel that far, literally every reason I said tha would make it easier for them, they had an extra 2 that meant they couldn't.

On top of my stress and worry it really made me miserable. I spent loads of the week crying, and looking up weddings for just the two of us, far away where we didn't have to worry about anyone else and their opinions.

Since the surgery got done on Thrsday though I'm feeling a bit more optimistic, and watched enchanted and listened to the wishes song a lot, and I do still love the Disney idea - why can't people be happpy for me?

What I am considering doing though is scaling it down, maybe to an escape, but I'll see.

I told my parents how I don;t want the WDW wedding when I was in a rage on wednesday and they both said I'd change my mind back again! Lol.

It just seems some people, no matter what the situation is, have to make it all about them. :(

Hi, I am so sorry but at the end of the day just do whatever you and Jack want to do :) . Were going to have a party in the U.K but I want to keep it informal and fun - if we were getting married in the summer I would love to have a casual BBQ for our friends and family.

Henrys brother's girlfriend hates disney and pulls a face everytime its mentioned, and Henrys uncle is refusing to come (but his wife and daughter are) for the same reason - but its their loss at the end of the day ::yes::

Try not to let it get you down and do whatever you guys want :flower3:

i totally agree with gemmybear

people that turn their nose's up at it are the people that have never been to there or even given it a go

if people have been and really dislike the place then fine

It's your one and only wedding day- Don't let what anyone else says put you off! Think of all the things I've told you about my wedding that my Mum and Robert's Mum hate- We both said the other night that it doesn't matter what other people think as it's the one day of your life where things are just about you and the man you love.... People have this set idea of what a wedding should be like and what will happen.... Personally, I'm willing to go totally the other way and do everything opposite just to prove to people that it isn't about whats 'right' and 'traditional'....!!! It's about love and a big celebration of that love.... If they can't see that, then its tough!!!! ::yes::

Bob xoxoxoxox

Thanks girls! I love having you guys. :hug:

I know Disney isn't some peoples cup of tea, but why verbalise it so someone who clearly loves it!?! How selfish and mean!

I hope what this may serve to do is make me even more determined to have an even better DFTW!!

i know what you mean, lots of people that havent been to disney before thought it was a joke when we told them - but when they realise its an elegant and expensive affair, then they are quick to change their minds. I dont think my dad and step mum are happy about going, as they said they didnt want to go until my little sister was old enough, like 14 or so, so i think they aint to pleased about having to spend money going now.. but who gives a damn? all i care about it me and wayne being there- any one else is a bonus- i have lots of family that are excited about going, so i aint worried about those stupid few that try to ruin it by saying horrible things. more fool them.

dont worry about those people- they can think / do and say what they want- it wont change your mind- you have both chosen to get married there so why change it to make someone else happy? sorry i sound like i am angry- i am angry- not at you - but i know what it feels like and i get angry when people try to interfear when they dont like the bride or grooms decision when its their day- and no one elses, and especially when they think that getting married in Disney is a joke! heh.

:flower3:

Torsie,

Have just read yout JP and looked at those beautiful dresses... You're going to look lovely:love:

So sorry you had to go through a difficult time, operation and then the rest... People are never happy regardless of what you do for them. In the end of the day, you can't please everyone and you shouldn't. It's your wedding, it happens once in a lifetime and it's yours and Jack's day.

Just do what you want to do, pick the place, food, outfits etc and forget about the rest.

All the best princess:

Yaaay! 2 new tickers!

All drama has been put aside and my parents had Jack and I over at the weekend for a big planning meeting. And we have decided a date (presuming I can get it!) of 1st March 2011!

They think the plans all look great and are happy to spend up to $20k, so after that Jack and I will be paing for extras. (I'm hoping we can fit it mostly into my parents budget though!)

Also I booked my planning trip for September today too!

Super excited!! I can;t believe I'm actually going to WDW!!!

I wonder what my 7 year old self would have said if someone told her the next time she'd be in WDW would be when she was planning her dream wedding!?!?!

awwwwwwwwwww!! yay for you going DISNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!

That is so kind of your parents to offer to pay, i know ive said it before, but it really is.

when are you going there!!!??? In March!??

I will be there on the 5th to the 22nd!

yay to your folks lol

cant wait for all the planning i thought of you earlier over on the DLRP board i havent seen you around for a while

hope you are all ok after your op now :D

Yaaay! Just ordered my Save the Dates!

SavetheDate.jpg

I also bought the domain name www.jackandvictoria.co.uk and linked it to a free wedding website I've been working on, but ignore all the text as most of it is still the default text as you'll see if you read it!!

Sorry you've had a bad time lately but yay for booking your planning trip & getting the save the dates.

your stds are really prety - i will take a look at the website soon when my laptop behaves... !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter