Victoria and Alberts

california37

Mouseketeer
hey guys

So we are trying to convince some friends who are in the world with us in August to come and try V&As with U.S.-it is potentially the only time in a long while this can happen. It's been a while since we've done it (6 years to be exact) so our memory is a bit hazy! Hoping you can help:)

So anyone been in the last 6 months? Can you tell me:
-do they still lend dinner jackets for the men? Our friends are doing a bit of a road trip and don't want to pack what they don't need
- how much is v&a these days? I want to say about $135 plus tip with extra $65 for the wine pairs option

TIA

I can't comment on the dinner jackets as we weren't in need of one, but in November we paid $150 ($159.75 with tax) plus gratuity. Those who opted for the wine pairings paid an extra $65.

I've heard that you can ask them, and they will have a jacket for you to use free of charge (for $150 a plate....)

So anyone been in the last 6 months? Can you tell me:
-do they still lend dinner jackets for the men? Our friends are doing a bit of a road trip and don't want to pack what they don't need
- how much is v&a these days? I want to say about $135 plus tip with extra $65 for the wine pairs option

1) They do have jackets, but first-come-first-served (no pun intended), and jackets are mandatory for men.
2) V&A is $160 (incl tax, excl tip) for the main area, so figure approx $360/couple WITHOUT the wine paring option.

Great-thanks for the info... Now all I have to do is convince my friends:) would love to go back this year-only missed it as we started a family!!!

Thanks again

Thank you for this info! Very much appreciated! We are going in June and I'm looking forward to it! I'm less worried about a mans jacket as well! Do you prefer the wine pairing option as well?

1) If you like wine and are not well versed, the preselected pairings is a good option.
2) Each course has a different wine (yes, they are small glasses).
I think those are the prices for the Prie Fix menu.
If you go along with the Victorian room, or the Chef's table (if by any chance available), do that.
We paid $450/cpl, + $105/pp wine pairings (shared..... those are full pours and 10 glasses/person will make you fall out of your shoes).
Again, I know it is a lot of money, but the experience of Victorian or Chef will be beyond anything you can imagine. Ex...we had our own main server, and all 8 of us would get food serverd at exactly the same time (think Downton Abbey). We had a choice to customize our menu and all in all....... YUM.
It truly is a fantastic experience.

Not to mention the Chef explains prep and "lineage" of the meal, with titbits of where the food was sourced from and why they chose that supplier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter