Victoria and Albert's experiences

hometech99

May I have 10,000 marbles, please?
whats was your favorite meal there?

any great? any bad?

we went in 1992 and 2002 (SAME waiter- and I dont mean he was Albert both times- it was the SAME guy!)

Exellent both times.

We have dined there a handful of times and once at the Chef's Table. Each time was a wonderful experience. No misses at all. And we too have had the same Alberts more than once...Sal or Salvatore at least two times and the fellow that Uncleromulus speaks of...again more than once. We've also had the same Victoria more than once...Anne I believe. All three are great!

Our first time was probably within the year of GF opening and our last time was March of 2003. I think the waitstaff probably does stay around. I think that they are the best of the best.:D

I love V&A. Our eldest son took his girlfriend there for dinner right before he proposed in February so a new generation of our family has discovered its delights. However we don't dine there every trip because our trips are family centered and we're too cheap to take all our kids there even now when they're all young adults!:o

My friend and I are dining there for the first time in less than two weeks! Very Very excited!!

Cant wait!

Well--been there 20 times so far since 1988 and each and every time has been excellent!!
We now always ask for Nancy and Pete as our "Victoria and Albert", but Anne and Terri are also both excellent Victorias.
Hard to come up with a favorite meal, as the menu is always different each time. But they almost always have a Filet on the menu and each time it is fork tender and delicious.
The souffles on the dessert menu are excellent also!!
Here's a story I haven't shared before--about a month or so before a recent trip, I wrote V&A to see if they could get some "gourmet" type beer to go along with their award-winning wine list. By way of suggestion, I mentioned Chimay, among others.
Well-they decided not to put those beer on the list. However--when we arrived for dinner that evening, guess what they had obtained especially for me?? Chimay!! They went out and got several bottles and even used the correct "Chimay" glass when serving it.
A very nice gesture, I thought----.

We've been there several times. The most recent visit, in July 2003, was disappointing for the level of service you expect there. Service was exceptionally slow (we were the last ones to leave for our seating time). They did not get my appetizer correct - by the time they corrected the problem, DH's appetizer was cold - and there was no offer to warm his up. There were other problems as well which I won't go into. I think the problem may have been that they were short staffed because of a wedding reception in the next room. The reception was quite noisy and all of the V&A staff seemed focused on that event. We're giving V&A a pass on our next visit to WDW - we're trying bluezoo instead.

beach,
you should have written that into them.

Thats unacceptable at that restaurant.

We are going to WDW in July and are looking for a restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Would this be a good choice? We have never eaten there before. I could look it up but I'll go ahead and ask. What kind of cuisine do they have? What kind of items are on the menu? TIA

I dream of the day when we can afford to eat here... SOMEDAY we will =) I know it!

You can see the menu at www.allearsnet.com, or at least a sampling of a menu, since it changes daily. Its a TOP restaurant... have heard wonderful things about it!

Originally posted by Uncleromulus
Here's a story I haven't shared before--about a month or so before a recent trip, I wrote V&A to see if they could get some "gourmet" type beer to go along with their award-winning wine list. By way of suggestion, I mentioned Chimay, among others.
Well-they decided not to put those beer on the list. However--when we arrived for dinner that evening, guess what they had obtained especially for me?? Chimay!! They went out and got several bottles and even used the correct "Chimay" glass when serving it.
A very nice gesture, I thought----.

What a great story, Uncleromulus. Nice gesture indeed!:D

We've eaten there twice and both meals were tremendous!

The first time was for our second anniversary and we were a bit uncomfortable as we're not used to eating in such fancy places. I told our Victoria that I wanted a glass of wine but new nothing about what to order -- something slightly sweet (the only wine I really drank then was Beringer's White Zinfandel). Sure enough, guess what she brought me! Beringer's White Zin. I was thrilled and she told put us at ease from there!

Our second time was much more recently, in January. The food was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the Elk appetizer and the chocolate souffle.

And you MUST order coffee after the meal. It's a very unique experience in its own right (but I'm not telling why!).

I'll be going again as a surprise for my mother's birthday next week and I'm SO excited. It's defiinitely my favorite dining experience.

Originally posted by BCV23
we're too cheap to take all our kids there even now when they're all young adults!:o
LOL! I'm with you there. We ate at V&As for the first time in January for my brother's 40th birthday and dh and I are booked again for July (my birthday this time), but we're not taking our teens (19 and 16). :p

UncleR - that's a great story. I wonder if you and Mrs UncleR (AuntieR? :p) are their most frequent patrons? Have you ever asked?

married@wdw - I'm pretty sure we had the coffee, but I've no idea what you're talking about! :confused: Could have something to do with the wine pairings, though - I don't think I'd have noticed if Victoria and Albert were dressed as Mickey and Minnie! :o

Hi! I'm so excited! I just booked the Chef's Table this morning for our Halloween WDW trip. My DH and I had planned on going by ourselves, but our kids really wanted to go too, so we gave in. Yes, it's going to cost an arm and a leg (and maybe one of the kids in trade-I'm sure V&A's could use another dish washer) but we figure it's going to be an experience to remember for all of us. We always try to do something extra special each trip, and the Chef's Table is it for this one. Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has actually taken their kids to Victoria & Albert's for dinner? Mine are 15, 12, & 10, and are well behaved. They've been to many fine restaurants in Chicago, as well as Jiko and CG on past trips to WDW. Thanks!

Michelle

mill,

We're planning on the same with our DS and DD for our December trip. At times I've thought that I'm insane but I can't imagine leaving the kids out of a wonderful experience like this.

Did you mention mention the children when making the reservation?

Anyone else as insane as we are?

Our eldest went in my place one night some years back when one of our other children became ill. His menu had my name on it!:D I think he was 10 -12 at the time and luckily had a jacket with him as the males in my family always wear one on the plane. It was so long ago that when he dined there recently, he barely remembered it.

Anyway, he too was very used to dining out and of course behaved as well as any adult. It is a very subdued atmosphere however. Children are the exception rather than the rule.

The Chef's Table would be a great way to treat the family. You have the table and alcove to yourself.....totally removed from the main dining room.

I'm sure someday we'll treat our DD18 to V&A as she enjoys fine dining. Our DS2 would just as soon have a cheeseburger so I think we'll save the $90 or whatever it is right now.:D

You both have very lucky children!:sunny:

Yes, I did mention that it was our whole family, kids included, when I made the reservation. It's still full price for them, as far as I can tell. They took everyone's name and said we had to call a special number the day before, so we can re-confim and verify our info. (For the personalized menus to be printed!) My son is very interested in the culinary arts, and this may be the experience that will guide him into cooking school. He has a ton of questions for the chef! We're all looking forward to it. October can't get here soon enough...

Michelle

UT OH...

Should I be worried that they didnt give me a number to call the day before????

Originally posted by Laurabearz
UT OH...

Should I be worried that they didnt give me a number to call the day before????

I wouldn't worry Laura. mlill's family is doing the Chef's Table. That was the only time I remember having to confirm and the concierge staff at Sugar Loaf did it for us.

Actually, you do have to confirm 24 hours in advance, even if you're sitting in the main dining room. This has at least been our experience and something that the concierge has noted that they would take care of for us. I'd call the dining line for a number just in case - I'm assuming they need a firm number for staffing and food preparation.

Wow, I really don't remember that. Cancellation 24 hours in advance I remember.:D But we haven't dined there since last March so it could have changed...or I might have forgotten!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter