Victoria and Albert's Chef Table?

jltdone

Mouseketeer
I keep looking at this and keep wondering how good is it and is it worth the money..... It does say that it is a long dinner. what is your thoughts if you have or havent eatin here?
thanks

Absolutely worth it!! We went in August and had Chef Aimee. We were so spoiled, I'm not sure we could ever go back to the dining room. :rotfl2:

Dinner took about 3 1/2 hours (we took a 15 minute stroll around the Grand Floridian before the final 4 courses - they encourage you to do that).

So worth it! We did this on our disneymoon and it was unforgettable. Dinner is about 3 1/2 hours. It's a really cool and special experience if you can afford it and get a ressie.

So worth it! We did this on our disneymoon and it was unforgettable. Dinner is about 3 1/2 hours. It's a really cool and special experience if you can afford it and get a ressie.

I have been dropping hints like crazy for DW hopefully she picks up on them and books this it would be a one time thing.....
is there only 1 chefs table and how hard is it to get a ADR for this

is wine pairing a fair price not a huge drinker and DW is not a drinker well maybe a 1/4 of a glass of wine at christmas and thats about it.
So i am not sure about that part of it. do you get drunk or just a right amount of wine I know everyone is different for levels but i wouldnt want to spend a 100 bucks on a wine pairing and only get like 2 glasses or to much where you get tipsie

I am really contemplating trying to get the chef's table for DH and I in October for a date night.

To get it do you just call at 7am eastern at the 180 day mark? Do you call V&A directly?

is wine pairing a fair price not a huge drinker and DW is not a drinker well maybe a 1/4 of a glass of wine at christmas and thats about it.
So i am not sure about that part of it. do you get drunk or just a right amount of wine I know everyone is different for levels but i wouldnt want to spend a 100 bucks on a wine pairing and only get like 2 glasses or to much where you get tipsie

Sounds like you might be better off not adding the wine pairings. We always add this whenever we find it as an option for a meal because we enjoy wines. But there is no requirement if you are not accustomed to it or find the price out of range.

Sounds like you might be better off not adding the wine pairings. We always add this whenever we find it as an option for a meal because we enjoy wines. But there is no requirement if you are not accustomed to it or find the price out of range.

how much are we talking about here... is it a glass for every course or just a glass or 2?

jltdone said:
how much are we talking about here... is it a glass for every course or just a glass or 2?

It's a small glass with every course, paired. We aren't big enough drinkers to do the pairings. I usually order a bellini and maybe a nice glass of sauvignon blanc and call it a night! And to answer your other question there is only one chef's table. I would recommend being flexible ie have multiple days where you could do it, and see what you can find! You can book online now too I believe.

Hey everyone, sorry to hijack this thread but I have a quick, related question! We're looking to do this and I have another question about the pairings. I did Remi on the dream and added the pairings and while I enjoyed them, I was much too drunk by the end of it. Will they just suggest one glass or maybe a second to enjoy with the entire dinner?

kkbutterfly said:
Hey everyone, sorry to hijack this thread but I have a quick, related question! We're looking to do this and I have another question about the pairings. I did Remi on the dream and added the pairings and while I enjoyed them, I was much too drunk by the end of it. Will they just suggest one glass or maybe a second to enjoy with the entire dinner?

Yes they can and will suggest a wine for the meal if you prefer.

I have been dropping hints like crazy for DW hopefully she picks up on them and books this it would be a one time thing.....
is there only 1 chefs table and how hard is it to get a ADR for this

I am not sure how many total chefs there are but Scott Hunnel is the main chef. It is offered every night of the week except Wednesday and Friday Nights. I know a lot of locals do the Chef's Table; and since there is only one seating at the Chef's Table nightly it is VERY HARD to get. With that being said; I am surprising my wife to be with a dinner at V&A Chef Table on our honeymoon this June. I wanted to get it the first night we are in Disney World since that is her actual birthday. However, the only night that still was open at 6AM on the 180 day mark when you can make reservations was the last night we are there. So, I booked it for that night. What a last dinner to have on our honeymoon :cool1:.

I am not sure how many total chefs there are but Scott Hummell is the main chef. It is offered every night of the week except Wednesday and Friday Nights. I know a lot of locals do the Chef's Table; and since there is only one seating at the Chef's Table nightly it is VERY HARD to get. With that being said; I am surprising my wife to be with a dinner at V&A Chef Table on our honeymoon this June. I wanted to get it the first night we are in Disney World since that is her actual birthday. However, the only night that still was open at 6AM on the 180 day mark when you can make reservations was the last night we are there. So, I booked it for that night. What a last dinner to have on our honeymoon :cool1:.

I though George was the guy?

disnmooner2013 said:
I am not sure how many total chefs there are but Scott Hunnel is the main chef. It is offered every night of the week except Wednesday and Friday Nights. I know a lot of locals do the Chef's Table; and since there is only one seating at the Chef's Table nightly it is VERY HARD to get. With that being said; I am surprising my wife to be with a dinner at V&A Chef Table on our honeymoon this June. I wanted to get it the first night we are in Disney World since that is her actual birthday. However, the only night that still was open at 6AM on the 180 day mark when you can make reservations was the last night we are there. So, I booked it for that night. What a last dinner to have on our honeymoon :cool1:.

That's awesome! You are going to love it! Chef Scott is the main chef, we had him on our honeymoon in June 2009. He rocks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter