Victim of system glitch - how far would you take it?

CrzyforPiglet

<font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta
Howdy!

So basic background info. In April 2006 we booked a 4 night cruise through Disneycruise.com for this September 2007. Entered in all of our info, got a confirmation through the mail - all is well! In July I made a payment towards the cruise, got another confirmation - all is well! Now with the new year we're excited and in true disney planning style I logged on today to see what if anything we could be doing to prep for our cruise. Imagine my surprise to find that my NAME had been changed! My husband and son's names were fine but my last name was now something completely different.

Of course I called and spoke with a rep who changed it back and then I asked to speak to a supervisor who after 30 minutes of researching basically told me that she thought maybe a travel agent called up for her client and somehow my reservation was pulled up and instead of verifying the info the Disney agent just changed the name. The supervisor then told me that it wouldn't happen again b/c if anyone called now they would of course verify the birthdate and address on the reservation. I'm sorry but why wouldn't you have done that before? No explanation. I told her I wasn't happy with her explanation so she offered to look into it further and call me back. She just left a message saying that now she believes it was a system glitch when they upgraded their systems and somehow my reservation was changed but I should be rest assured that it won't happen again. Sorry - still not completely understanding what happened so I get transferred to another supervisor. That supervisor gives me a merged version of the two explanations. Basically someone did call up to make a new reservation and somehow the system (behind the scenes) pulled up my client ID and so when they started to make the new reservation with a different last name it automatically changed the name on my reservation. That is as far as it got because the person never went through with the reservation and cancelled it. I did ask what would happen if they didn't cancel but she wasn't sure. Supervisor 2 also told me that because it was a system error and not human one what there is no 100% guarantee that it won't happen again but that the likelihood is very small.

What I'm struggling with now is I want to be reasonable and everything with our reservation is fine now so should I just let it go and check periodically to make sure is still okay or would I appear unreasonable to send an e-mail to guest relations?

Thanks for your opinion!

What are you hoping to accomplish by taking this further? I understand the aggravation, and no one needs more of that in their lives, but other than that there appears to be no harm. Maybe I just don't get it. :confused3

All is well and after all we all make mistakes some time and this would appear to be a very minor problem. Forget it and enjoyyour holiday

This is my best guess and opinion only:the agents and supervisors you spoke with probably didn't understand what happened either and were doing their best to determine the most logical answer. Even thoroughly trained computer people make mistakes. Computers have glitches as well. (My computer does amazingly bizarre things sometimes) but, that doesn't make you feel better when it's YOUR vacation that can be messed up. My advice: take a deep breath and just check back periodically.

One of my neighbors wanted an exotic honeymoon. Her trip to San Jose, Costa Rica was booked and paid for to San Jose (del Guaviare) ... Colombia - courtesy of a computer.

What are you hoping to accomplish by taking this further? I understand the aggravation, and no one needs more of that in their lives, but other than that there appears to be no harm. Maybe I just don't get it. :confused3

No you are right to be confused - I was thinking about that after I posted and other than to vent I really don't have a good reason to take it further. I guess what bothered me almost as much as the problem itself was that the first supervisor wasn't really taking the issue seriously and it wasn't until I spoke to a second supervisor for clarification that I got an apology. I'm calming down more so I probably won't do anything else but follow some of the advice so far and have a great vacation!

Laurie

I booked WDW Poly last night (WDW then Cruise) and decided to call WDW today to add a few additional days at AK after our cruise so we can really ring out disney this year since we missed last year. I have the on-line reservation showing one picture of our reservation with 2 of my 4 children listed, I have a printed e-mail confirmation with 3 of my 4 children listed, and the rep has my reservation with none of our names, and 12 other peoples names. I'm so glad I decided to call. She's straightening it all out now. The website was nutty bonkers on Thursday. Right after I booked the ressi, I was not able to complete another ressi, and still couldn't even this morning which is why I called. Am I angry, no... Do I feel they owe me anything? no... I'm just happy it's straight so I'm not standing at the lobby check-in desk getting the "we dont' your name listed". Be happy you fixed it and spend your time thinking about the fun and enjoyment you'll have on our vacation. Computers screw up, people screw up. That's life. Moral of this story, check your ressi's right up till your trip. Keep a lot of printed material, and get ready to roll with the punches. If I'm ever asked about Disney's website I think I'll really let them know what I think. It's been horrible over the 5 years we've been going to disney.

Regards,

Roveer...

Computers and computer operators make mistakes. It’s probably a good idea to double check the accuracy of your data from time to time. A TA made our reservations and used my son’s nickname instead of the one that’s on his birth certificate. I noticed a blurb that the name on Disney’s records must match exactly the name on the birth certificate, so I sent an email to DCL to change it. They did it within the hour. This was a couple months ago.

Earlier this week I happened to be online looking at the forms to fill out prior to boarding and noticed that my son’s name was once again listed as his nickname. I sent another email to DCL and they told me that it had been changed per my request, but that at the beginning of January, someone changed it back again. Why? Who knows? They once again made the adjustment for me.

I plan on printing out copies of the emails to take with me, just in case.

Thanks for the cooler heads everyone! And I agree with you Roveer and Serene1 that I will definitely be taking copies of all my documentation with us. In some strange way it is nice to know we're not the only ones having problems - helps keep things in perspective!

Not sure what you are going for here. Your cruise will be fine, you have a receipt.

Could have easily been a system glitch, or someones error, either way, sounds like the problem was fixed..enjoy your cruise.

Just let it go and enjoy your weekend. :dance3: Everyone/thing makes mistakes. Just be happy that you caught it and were able to fix it.

Breathe... Picture yourself on the cruise. Relax... :cloud9:

>Computers and computer operators make mistakes.

Computers never make mistakes. Operators and Programmers make mistakes, computers do not :)

>Computers and computer operators make mistakes.

Computers never make mistakes. Operators and Programmers make mistakes, computers do not :)
Computer opEratOrs Are PeRRfiCT i dUnt NOOOOO whAT u Are talkinG aBoUt

Once it was fixed, I'd get over it.

Woody

This reminded me something a wonderful mentor of mine taught me, that I use today with my staff......
When something gets to you and you can't let it go....
Talk to someone (or vent) then....Build a Bridge and Get Over It!!

Building the Bridge....getting it out of your system or finding a solution..
Getting over It......move on and enjoy your trip!!:wizard:

Let the computer user who is without sin, cast the first keyboard.

I'm so glad you caught the mistake before hand, got to vent to all your dis friends , and now you can just relax and enjoy your sure to be AWESOME vacation!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I too had a number of system/human error glitches when I first booked:

• Daughter's birth dates were mixed up
  • Reserved 2 cabins for my family but one had a main seating dinner and the other a late seating dinner?!?

Although is gets corrected there is no way to ensure that this will not happen again. So I just check every so often (maybe I'll see an upgrade) to veriify the information and will probably do this even more as my sail date comes closer.

:dance3: :banana: :dance3: :banana: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter