Vicks Vapor Rub on the feet?

okeydokey

Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child.
I got an e-mail from a friend saying that if you have a cough, slather Vicks on your feet and put on some socks and you will not cough all night. I am about to try it with my daughter, so we'll see if it works or if she'll just have sticky, smelly feet. Have you heard of this?

UPDATE: Seems to have worked. No coughing last night!

I had read about this, I think on here actually.. & I tried it on my 5 year old when he had a cough last week. My DH thought I was nuts but he really didn't cough nearly as much as the night before, it couldn't hurt to try it.:goodvibes

My StepMonster swears by this. I honestly have yet to try it, but she claims that every time one of them catch a cold, she does it, and it works...

My sister sent me an email about it too. I tried it on my son and it seemed to work for most of the night. I don't know why, but it did.

I thought people put Vick's on their feet because it cured athlete's foot? Or was it something else like that they used? I know I read about it on the DIS.

I'll let you all know tomorrow if it worked for her. Sounds weird, but I guess you're right, it can't hurt. So you think the sock will come clean?:cool1:

I'll let you all know tomorrow if it worked for her. Sounds weird, but I guess you're right, it can't hurt. So you think the sock will come clean?:cool1:

My sons came clean, I just washed them in hot water. Vicks is almost clear I was worried the smell would stay in them but it didn't. I guess his feet could smell a lot worse than Vicks.:rotfl:

My sons came clean, I just washed them in hot water. Vicks is almost clear I was worried the smell would stay in them but it didn't. I guess his feet could smell a lot worse than Vicks.:rotfl:

Given that folks who have to deal with cadavers often put Vicks in their nostrils, it might also do wonders for foot odor! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

With the flu this week I'm almost tempted to try it. But then the cat who sleeps at our feet may take an objection to it and REALLY bite my feet.:rotfl2:
Kim

Strangely enough, I just heard this Thursday from my boss. She said she tried it on her daughter and it works. I find it weird that putting in on your FEET helps.

When I read the thread title, this isn't what I thought it would be about. My Mom's podiatrist told her to rub Vicks on her feet to soften them up so his filing away would be more efficient. She couldn't handle it since she can't sleep with socks on and she didn't want it to stink up her sheets.

It works. :thumbsup2 I had a terrible 3 week long cold back in late Nov/early December and I couldn't sleep at night, I tried everything and nothing worked I'd cough all night. My mom told me about the Vick's thing and I figured it couldn't hurt so I gave it a try, I was shocked when I slept soundly. Later when the kids came down with the same cold I used the Vick's thing again and it worked for them as well. Since then my whole family has tried it and everyone swears by it, I have no clue why it works but it does.

I haven't tried this but my Grandmother believed Vicks would cure anything. She used it by the jar fulls. For a sore throat she would even shallow a gob of the stuff. :scared1:

Penny

I thought people put Vick's on their feet because it cured athlete's foot? Or was it something else like that they used? I know I read about it on the DIS.

DD use it on grandchildren for coughs. It does work.

DH is diabetic and see podiatrist every 3 months. Dr. told him to use Vicks on his toenails because they are very thick. He swears this will take care of it.:confused3

I have always used in on my DD (12) and it worked like a charm. My DS (2) has only had to do this once so far.

Just wait till they are in bed then rub it onto their feet and put socks on them. In the morning it is pretty much gone.

For a sore throat she would even shallow a gob of the stuff.

Yep!!

My grandmother and my aunts swear by it! I dont know as I have never swallowed any of it yet, but who knows what will happen the next time I get a sore throat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter